iPhone 4S Jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Released – Absinthe 2.0

iPhone 4S jailbreak iOS 5.1.1 Untethered ReleasedThe iPhone 4S jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 untethered is finally available to download.

The new Absinthe 2.0 iPhone 4S jailbreak tool jailbreaks the iPhone 4S and other Apple devices running iOS 5.1.1, the latest version of Apple software.

The new iPhone 4s Jailbreak tool provides an untethered iPhone 4s jailbreak which means users do not need to plug the iPhone into the computer when they restart to keep the jailbreak.

The iPhone 4S iOS 5.1.1 jailbreak tool is easier to use than previous Absinth jailbreak tools, and installs Cydia  at the end of the process without the need to tap on a jailbreak icon.

To jailbreak the iPhone 4S on iOS 5.1.1, users need to download the newest Absinthe tool from Greenpois0n, and should follow these steps to prepare for the iPhone 4S jailbreak.

The iPhone 4S jailbreak comes thanks to pod2g, The Chronic Dev Team and many others who worked behind the scenes to find the necessary exploits. The iPhone 4S jailbreak is free, but the team has a PayPal account set up for users who want to thank the team for their hard work and provide funds to help with the devices needed for future jailbreaks.

The Absinthe 2.0 iPhone 4s jailbreak tool is available on Mac, Windows and Linux versions.

You can download Absinthe iPhone 4S jailbreak for iOS 5.1.1 from Greenpoois0n.com roday, but high traffic load means you need to try to download Absinthe a few times before succeeding.

Stay tuned for a guide on how to jailbreak the iPhone 4S on iOS 5.1.1 with a video walkthrough.

What You Need to Know About the iPhone 4S Jailbreak

Before you jailbreak the iPhone 4S, keep in mind that the iPhone warranty is void as long as the iPhone is jailbroken. Most of the time users can un-jailbreak the iPhone 4S before taking it to Apple for support or repair, but keep this in mind before you jailbreak.

Read: Reasons Not to Jailbreak the iPhone 4s

It is also worth reading these reasons not to jailbreak the iPhone 4S. I chose to go back to stock after my iPhone 4S started crashing and showing poor battery life on the last jailbreak. Users who cannot spend the time to troubleshoot issues may not want to perform the iPhone 4S jailbreak.

Watch to see how some users customize the look of the iPhone 4S with Dreamboard, an app that transforms the look and feel of the iPhone. In this case, the iPhone 4S looks like OS X Lion.

That said, there is very little chance you will break your iPhone 4S with this jailbreak. For many users the ability to run any app and customize the look and feel of the iPhone 4S more than worth any risk that comes with the jailbreak.

The SBSettings app shown above provides fast access to common iPhone settings, and is one of the many reasons users choose to jailbreak the iPhone 4S.

Siri Toggles iPhone 4S jailbreak iOS 5.1.1

After performing the iPhone 4S jailbreak, users can supercharge Siri to open apps and control settings.

Read: Top iPhone 4S Jailbreak Apps and Tweaks in Cydia

An overwhelming majority (87%) of GottaBeMobile readers will jailbreak the iPhone 4S today based on a sample of 629 readers.

Whatever you do, keep in mind that GottaBeMobile and the jailbreak teams are not responsible for any broken iPhones.

Are you already jailbreaking? If you run into problems let us know in the comments.

Comments

1. Robert Vogt says

I downloaded Absinthe 2.0 this morning first thing on my macbook and pc (win7) with high hopes of finally jailbreaking my iphone4s with iOS 5.1.1 and whipping Siri into shape, and my pc says it isn’t supported and my macbook states that the pointer being freed is not allocated and then crashes out on a bus error. Did you hear of this issue and do you know where I can go for help?

• Zach Horton says

try downloading the 2.0.4 version of the program i had the same problem with my 3gs until i did

2. Dillon says

When i jailbreak with ab 2.0, on my iphone 4s, running 5.1.1, cydia does not show up. I cannot get cydia on my phone. Please help. I backed up my phone, like absinthe said to make the jailbreak faster, and then i click jailbreak. But cydia does not show up. Any ideas?

3. Austin says

I downloaded this to my windows 7 pc, I run the executable file and nothing happens after the program runs

4. Chris says

For some reason, when I run the program, only a black window with codes appear for about 7 seconds, then disappear, and nothing happens. No jailbreak signs nor windows. I’m using Windows 7 with an iphone 4s 5.1.1. Please help

5. Edwin says

For everyone who cannot open Absinthe remove the .exe file from the .rar and put it on your desktop, and open the application- If you did it right then a folder should appear labeled absinthe-win-2.0. Also I had the same issue with my iPhone 4s.

6. Chris says

That worked for me! BUT! It’s asking me to activate my phone… I don’t have my sim card from the US with me (currently abroad), are there anyways to activate it without it? Or the need to activate it at all?

Thanks!

• arrey says

r u nw jailbreak 4s 5.1.1 without activation if u do tell me how a same pbm/situation is here tell me if u do

7. Chris says

Hey md, what does the 2.0.1 do, if I may ask? I know it fixes a “bug,” but what does it fix? And can I use that even without having to activate my iphone 4s? Thanks!

8. Zaid says

Battery life is terrible for my 4s after the jailbreak. I instantly noticed it. Fast drain

9. Dax says

Cydia not show after jailbreak 4s with absinthe 2.0.2. But if i go to the search page and type cydia is there. Any solution for this?

10. Jason says

You cannot jailbreak iPhone 4s 5.1 yet only if you still have version 5.0. I wish they would stop telling people you can on the 4s, but on absinthe download sites it clearly tells you if you have 4s 5.1 it is not available and will be some months befor it is so if you have 4s 5.0 on phone do not upgrade to 5.1

• Rinaz says

Dude……. ( jason)….. Last week, the New Abisnthe was released…. So stop wasting ur time And download absinthe 2.0

11. Jason says

My bad must have been reading old blogs anyway just jailbreak mine and it is working fine

12. Rinaz says

Anyone out there , who Knows ta Jailbreak iphone4s 5.1 Without “Activation” ……. please Help … Thanks alot..

13. alex says

i download the absinthe 2.0.4 threw my window 7 today i got 2 apps by cydia but now that i want to download more apps i cant…it says to put a code i do but it doesnt download nothing..???

14. Sandra says

I need some help you guys,,,, and it seems that another people have the same problem, when i run Abisnthe it asking me to activate my phone, and i accidentally lost my sim :( im pretty sure there are some other ways to activate it without sim… plzzz i need help, i appreciate so much if someone know about this…

15. Subash basnet says

I had my iphone 4s jailbroken with the same abstine…. But the cydia installed in it doesnt load or it says network time out…. I can add sources but cannot download anything coz of network error report… My wifi is working well….plz help me with it… How can i download apps frm cydia?????

• John says

Maybe the jailbreak is for a specific carrier. Check if it’s for AT&T, sprint, etcetera.

16. bright says

Please is there a way to jailbreak iphone 4s without activating? Mine keep saying I should activate it first and I don’t have any surpported carrier sim. An Idea is seriously needed here thanks

17. Marcus says

Hi All,
    I am on iPhone 4S with 5.1.1 and all jailbroken and working although every day I lose network and wifi although in settings it is shown as on and working but cannot connect, the network usually shows “searching”, I am on O2-UK but this was happening before, during and after the recent fallout of the O2 network.

Please can anyone let me know a fix for this.

I used Absinthe 2.0.

Thanks.

Marcus.

18. Ellie says

I installed the Absinthe 2.0 jailbreak today and after it said completed I unplugged my device but I can’t seem to find Cydia anywhere on my 4S. Please help! I have no clue what to do! :(

19. Atif says

dear users
    Right click on the download software and click on extract here.after that go to extracted folder and run setup it will work..

“”For some reason, when I run the program, only a black window with codes appear for about 7 seconds, then disappear, and nothing happens. “”

20. Paul R says

Latest absinthe fucks up sound on ipad 2, no sound with cover lock & sound in most games gone, stupid dumb jailbreak. And yeah, I did everything exactly to order.

21. bright says

Please help me out here. I ve a roaming Tmobile sim and a virgin mobile sim. I tried to use them to activate my iphone 4s and it says that my sims are not supported, is there any other way out? How can I buy a spain movistar micro sim? Because that is the last sim that was used on the iphone 4s. Please I seriously need a hand here.

22. wbt says

I’ve done the Jailbreak on my iPhone 4S and iPad 2 (both 5.1.1) using 2.0.4. several times. Each time everything works perfectly for a week or so and then both devices crash, sometimes at similar times, sometimes not, but both in exactly the same way. The symptom is an icon freeze during a swipe from one screen to the next and then nothing functions, icons stuck mid-switch between screens. Another symptom is a constant loop of respringing over and over again. I must have gone through this 5 or 6 times now on the iPhone and 3 or 4 on the iPad. Frustrating ‘cos everything is great for a while, then the inevitable. Anyone else having this problem?

• msrl says

almost similar problem, ive posted the question in other post :
      “could someone help me…ive jailbroke my iphone w/ absinthe 2.0.4 and it works…but…
      in my 4s 5.1.1 apps crash repeatedly. ive searching it in google, some post said that its running out of memory. i just checked in sbseting and ive installed omni stat to check my RAM,, and its true, my memory is draining faster from it start (about 300mb) to 250 after i refreshed the phone (without apps opened), when some apps opened it draining again to 50-10mb, does this memory affected to this crashes? but sometimes when app crash, i see my sbsetting, memory is still in 250mb…

ive tried to :
      1 uninstall all cydia addons (for un-compatible-able addon)
      2 restore my phone
      3 re-jailbreak my phone
      4 factory reset, and re-jailbreak my phone
      but didnt give some effects…

it doesnt happened in my friends iphone 4 5.1.1…. why this happen? does 4s have an unstable memory or….? please…need some advice or suggestion…thx :)”

23. Massey says

I downloaded Absinthe in the hope of jailbreaking my 3gs running 5.1.1 so i could unlock it and use it but Absinthe can not recognise it because it is not activated yet ? Obviously I can not activte it because I dont have the right sim, anyone know any ways of jailbreaking wihtout activating the phone ?

24. UsL says

Crash reporter stated 365 crash reports found. Please test for possible bugs before releasing it for public use!

25. Devon says

I can not get this to work at all on my Iphone 4s, I have the Absinthe for the mac 2.04, but when I plug in my device it says it is not supported. I do not have a SIM card, is it required to jailbreak? I am looking to unlock my device. COMMENTS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!