How To Get iOS 7 Beta Right Now

If you don’t want to wait for the fall iOS 7 release date, you can get the iOS 7 beta right now for the iPhone for as little as $8.

The IOS 7 beta is available today for the iPhone 5, iPhone 4S and iPhone 4, and will come to the iPad later.

Read: 15 iOS Predictions.

Apple only offers the iOS 7 beta to registered developers, but there are services that let users pay a smaller fee to download the iOS 7 beta ahead of the official release.

Update: Get the iPad iOS 7 beta Now

Update: The Apple developer center is back up and downloads are speeding along which means IOS 7 downloads and UDID registrations should be live soon. If you cannot access Apple’s portal and need direct links to the iOS 7 Beta and are a paid developer, you may download it using one of the below links:

Get the iOS 7 beta today for as little as $8.

Get the iOS 7 beta today for as little as $8.

Unless someone finds a workaround, there is no way to install the iOS 7 beta on the iPhone without being a registered developer. The iOS 7 beta phones home before it finishes the installation, preventing just anyone from installing it, but it’s easy and cheap enough to register your iPhone with a developer account.

Read: iOS 7 Release Coming This Fall

Where to Get iOS 7 Beta Access

The completely legal way to get the iOS 7 beta for the iPhone is to register as an iOS developer. This is an annual fee of $99, which will then let you create apps, but even if you can’t code you can use this to get the IOS 7 beta today.

If $99 is too much for you to get the iOS 7 beta, you can register at many websites and have your iPhone or iPad registered as a developer device, which gives you access to the iOS 7 beta.

Register to get the iOS 7 beta for just $8.

Register to get the iOS 7 beta for just $8.

IMZDL offers nearly instant UDID registration, which will set your iPhone up for access to the iOS 7 beta. There are other services out there that may charge more or less, but IMZDL has a great track record and offers access to the iOS 7 beta download files as soon as they are available.

On the iPhone, download the free UDID Sender app to email your iPhone or iPad UDID to your computer. Copy and paste this in the IMZDL registration to get started. IOS 7 beta access registration is very quick at IMZDL, though the service and the Apple developer center may slow things down this afternoon.

Users will need to register all of their devices to get access on each one, and the registration is good for one year.

How to Install the iOS 7 Beta on the iPhone 5

Installing the iOS 7 beta on the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4S is pretty easy with direction. Make sure you receive confirmation that the UDID is registered otherwise this will fail. This could take some time, especially if you choose to restore from backup, so budget accordingly.

1. Register the device UDID with IMZDL

2. Make sure you are on the latest version of iTunes.

3. Connect the iPhone to the computer and perform a backup with iTunes.

4. Download the iOS 7 Beta for your iPhone model. IMZDL offers direct iOS 7 beta downloads and torrents.

6. Open iTunes and upgrade to the iOS 7 Beta by choosing Restore.

• Be sure to hold alt/option on Mac when you click Restore.
  • On Windows, hold Shift when you click Restore.

7. Find the .ipsw file you downloaded and select it.

8. Complete the installation and then restore from backup if you desire.

This will install the iOS 7 beta on the iPhone 5, iPhone 4S or iPhone 4. An iOS 7 beta for iPad and iPAd mini will come later.

What Devices Work with iOS 7?

Not every Apple device works with iOS 7, and the list that works with the initial iOS 7 beta is especially small.

• iPhone 5
  • iPhone 4S
  • iPhone 4

iOS 7 beta 1, as it stands today does not work on the iPad, but a version should come to the iPad soon and work on the following devices.

Update - Is This iOS 7 for iPad? (Video)

• iPad 2
  • iPad 3
  • iPad 4
  • iPad mini

Stay tuned for new iOS 7 beta for iPad information.

What to Know Before Installing the iOS 7 Beta

There is no official way to downgrade from iOS 7 to iOS 6, so keep that in mind before upgrading to the iOS 7 beta. There may be workarounds to this, but don’t count on them.

Read: 5 Reasons to Skip iOS 7 Beta

Apple does not offer an over the air iOS 7 beta download, so you will need to plug in. Also, the betas will expire, which means you will need to update regularly. Don’t use this if you will be away from the internet for extended periods as it could leave you stranded. Once the iOS 7 beta expires the device is unusable.

Keep in mind that this is a beta for developers and it may not always work like your iPhone does right now. Some apps and services may not work on the iPhone during the beta. If you try the iOS 7 beta don’t leave negative app reviews if things don’t run smoothly.

Comments

1. Andyz says

Hey,
    when does the beta1 expire? and can i always update the beta so my phone will work until the offical ios7 is released in fall?

• Matt says

Doubtful, none of the third party apps will have a ios7 compatible version until the official release date. iOS 7 beta is not for running third party apps just the apps you have designed for testing purposes. THIS IS A BETA RELEASE. The reason it is only released to developers is because there WILL be bugs.

• kush says

Umm, that’s not how it works. 3rd party apps will most likely work on ios7 but not 100% in all cases. Some things might break. It’s not a nothing works until they make a ios7 version.

2. Jim says

Wow, there are some monumentally stupid questions in the comments here. All of the information is in the article, should you choose to actually, you know, read it.

3. Anthony Logan says

4. Chris Molica says

instantUDID.com is the fastest and most reliable used them for the past few updates. They register UDID automatically. Was registered and ready to go in a few seconds. Have iOS 7, its really pretty.

5. Zbubber says

I am having trouble. I’ve downloaded the beta file but it is not an .ipsw format which is obviously the one they say i need to choose when i click on restore in iTunes. Any tips anyone? Thanks

• Tatters says

No, you open the DMG file and extract the file to your desktop or something. Probably best you do this in OSX and not another OS like Windows or Linux. In iTunes you click on iPhone when it’s connected using usb\thunderbolt, backup your phone however you please, then press and hold the Option button and click Restore iPhone… it will open a dialog box asking for the file to use, which you select the one you extracted to your desktop.

6. unknownsolo says

7. telepathetic (@houstonjhall) says

I went to instantudid, paid 5$ via paypal to a Neil Pomerleau/
    [email protected] and have been denied dev access to download ios7. Either its a great scam or I’m doing something wrong? I found a torrent for the beta restore file guess Ill give it a go and see if I get denied…

• telepathetic (@houstonjhall) says

after restoring with ios7 beta I’m getting this:

We’re unable to complete your activation.

Do you think it’s because Apple’s servers are being slammed?

• King says

I’m getting, the same “We’re unable to complete your activation.
          This device is not registered as part of the iPhone Developer Program.If you are a member of the Program, please register your device in the iPhone Developer Program Portal.”
          How do i get it to work? Please help me

• TheCosbyTrain says

Im pretty sure this is a scam, Im also out 5 bucks and cant get it to activate

• Tom says

Hi,

I’ve also paid my $5, is there any chance you could leave a step by step guide on what to do next? It won’t let me download the beta from the Apple Dev site as it says I need to register on the iPhone Developer Program…

8. HappyPie9 says

If you don’t have a developer account I have a way to get iOS 7. I just finished testing this however i’m not sure it will work on every iphone. So how you do it is you first go here: http://www.evad3rs.net/2013/04/ios-7-download-install-links-how-to.html

Then once downloaded make sure your on iOS 6 (I tested it on 6.1.3 soo…)

After that go to iTunes & click on your iPhone summary page and hold shift and click on ***UPDATE*** NOT RESTORE. (Since you don’t have a dev account you can’t do a clean restore if you want a semi clean restore then restore iOS 6 and then update to iOS 7)

Make sure not to have a passcode or else your phone will freeze…!

After the update enjoy iOS 7!!!

Thanks For Trying It!

9. tooto says

I am registering 5 UDID’s for free, the rest will be 5$. I will prove I’m legitimate when the people who get it for free ill have screen shots of me successfully doing so. The people who get it for free must also like this comment and post that I registered their UDID. Email me at [email protected], and after the first 5 i will respond back saying $5 paypal at the paypal account I’m associated with. You might as well email me because you can be one of the first 5, after though i will respond with another comment confirming my reputation as legitimate with people replying to my comment and screen shots of me uploading their UDID. (if they want me to)

10. Thinkworks says

11. Ajay McKenna says

• tooto says

Yea i had didn’t know that was was forced to buy a iOS dev account. I read that we couldn’t switch back and it did.

12. Cody says

13. Thinkworks says

• JD says

ThinkUDID IS LEGIT AND GREAT! Registration was fast and easy… Trust them… I was skeptical, but I’m glad I went with them!

14. Mike Castillo says

15. Tim says

16. Jordan says

anyone know if the mega download is any good or not ? Have downloaded but not installed to iPhone yet

17. Mattchu says

I have an Iphone 4 At&t and I downloaded the Iphone 4 GSM software. When I try to restore it says the OS is not compatible. What am i doing wrong?

18. pete says

anyone looking for a legit UDID reg.- i can confirm instantUDID.com is a good way to go. i’m not running on ios7 with no problems.

19. Jeremy says

Finally got iOS 7 beta on my iPhone 5! It’s definitely buggy as far as 3rd party apps go… quite a few like to close repeatedly. All the time. But I knew that was a risk going in… most everything else seems on the up and up. iTunes Radio is already working, so that’s awesome. I used instantudid.com and highly recommend! They are only $5 and will have you registered surprisingly fast.

• Someone900 says

That’s great. But what about the basics such as making call, sending/receiving emails, sending/receiving texts (SMS/MMS), web browsing, etc.

For those who have installed, can you tell us what third party apps you’ve come across that don’t seem to work properly? And what apps have no issues working with the beta version?

• ken says

people this is a beta version! its definitely laggy running on my iphone 4 but its still stable enough to run! and it runs just as good! phone calls work, text messages, facetime, email, basically almost everything works just as normal.i had my phone jailbroken before i updated to ios 7 and i must admit there was a couple times where my phone froze(read just a couple meaning only 2 times) and it just restarted basically so it still worked fine after. my jailbroken phone went into safe mode every chance it got. i did find out when setting an alarm clock for work i couldn’t choose my songs that i had put on my iphone, maybe cause it wasn’t bought from the itunes store so i’ll have to recheck it . but everything works pretty good and the new os change takes a little getting use to but it’s really nice and a good step up from apple. it’s basically like a jailbroken phone with similar functions. i’m still debating on weather on getting a samsung galaxy s4 which i had my eye on ever since it came out or wait for the iphone 5s with the new os it would be stunning and the features would compliment the phone but at times it feels a little flat and cartoony. just my opinion any other questions or you want me to try an app or something for you just let me know!

20. Someone900 says

Just installed iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 by using InstantUDID.com. Looks really amazing. What I really want to know now is this:

1. How do I know if there’s an update for the Beta? ( I don’t want my iPhone to stop functioning).

2. Anyone notice quick battery depletion?

3. Dictionary feature doesn’t seem to work properly. When selecting a word and you choose to define it, the definition comes up but there’s no way of closing the page. ( can someone check on this on their iPhone, I want to know if it’s a bug).

Everyone, please share your findings. Thanks!

21. Tommy K says

Is anyone else getting an access denied error when clicking on the iPhone 5 link after being registered?

22. Namra says

Just download the file from a torrent and then do what was said in the article Shift and restore/update thing but don’t pay anyone srsly i didnt do this but alot of ppl did

23. Chad Caplan says

How can I update to iOS7 while keeping my contacts, texts, photos etc. If I hit control update on iTunes and select the file will it leave all my stuff? Do I update and then restore from a backup of iOS6? Thank you!

• Someone900 says

Yes. Install the latest version of iTunes, perform a backup, then restore by clicking on the restore button and choosing the iOS 7 file you downloaded. After your iPhone finishes the installation, it will revert to factory settings, you’ll see an option on iTunes to back up with either iTunes or iCloud. Choose iTunes.

24. Tom Reed says

hey guys… was just wondering if any of you could help me… i updated my iphone 5 model A1429 (without UDID registration) because I was told i didn’t need it and now my phone is locked between activation screen saying I need to register as a developer,,. anyone know how i can rectify this situation please? :)

• Someone900 says

Downgrade with DFU mode. Then do everything again, but make sure to register your UDID first.

• ecruz53 says

Dont you think that Apple released the beta for developers only to prevent people like you and millions of others, to do stupid things, like not being able to follow the simplest of directions? You have no business installing beta software on a phone that you might need to use tomorrow.
      This is not a computer I think. I believe that most of you do use your phones on a daily basis.
      We get the beta so we can work our apps in the environment and once we work all the bugs, and report them back to Apple, which you people can’t do, we will release new software in the fall so you people wont be crying about my favorite app dont work in ios 7. So I have no sympathy for the ones that have bricked their phones. I hope you learn a lesson. A simple one at that. I should study and learn before I try to do things beyond my comprehension.

Enjoy your brick !

• Sunil says

What if there are some testers who eagerly wants to just test the latest iOS 7…. So do you have any sympathy for them…. Typical developer! \/_\/

25. Steve says

Just went through instantudid.com. How will I know it’s been done? Do they send an email?

• Someone900 says

If the you’ve payed via paypal and the transaction have been successful and you got directed to an InstantUDID page that says “Your UDID has been registered with Apple!” then it’s done. You don’t get an email except a receipt of the payment from PayPal. Now you download the iOS 7 on your computer. I used this website (click on the download link that is compatible with your iPhone model): http://www.evad3rs.net/2013/04/ios-7-download-install-links-how-to.html

26. Junior says

any one want to try out the iOS 7 beta. email me at ([email protected]) Im charging $5 for registration. feel free to ask me any questions. 5 min wait

27. nick says

28. Nathan says

This is pretty lame… After all this work all my photos, and a few other things seem to be gone… For some reason the phone doesn’t seem to restore from my backup. I am sure if I got back to 6.1.4 everything will be there…

• Someone900 says

Then maybe you did something wrong or didn’t follow the steps. I’ve installed iOS 7 and have restored from an iOS 6.1.4 backup via iTunes and everything is there, my photos, videos, emails, messages, even my notes.

29. Parikshit says

Hi Syan, I just mailed you my UDID. Can you please register me as well. Thanks very much!!

30. John Paulser says

31. Mike Castillo says

32. Cody says

33. Izzy says

Well Syan is the “man”, I think ….or the woman … Either way Syan is the bomb!
    Did the registration free! Thanks…. Now to find out what on my phone is not compatible with IOS7.

34. Chris G says

I got my UDID Registered but upon updating to iOS 7 I receive a message indicating that I am not registered with the Apple Developer Program. -_-

35. HappyPie9 says

syan is the one to email if you want your UDID registered within 5 minutes. Thanks so much syan!

36. Serg says

Thought iTunes was updated… it wasn’t. When my phone went to reboot it told me it couldnt continue because iTunes wasn’t compatable. Now I’m updating…. will it continue? Or have I messed up big time?

37. POPPIN says

Right now something is up with devices verifying UDID with apple. If you download the beta then press Alt/Option (for Mac only) and click check for upgrade. Find you ios 7.0 beta and select it. Then select Upgrade. For some reason it is not checking apple so you can get it for free. Just did it and it is awesome. However exercise caution because since your device is not registered with a Dev account when the next beta comes out if apple has patched it then you will have to register your UDID somewhere before it expires. Have fun and enjoy the new UI!!!

38. Mike Castillo says

39. Mike says

my install of ios 7 keeps getting stuck at “preparing iphone for restore” (has crashed 18 times) and then itunes crashes. ios 6.1.4 and itunes is 11.0.4, i have restored my phone twice and reinstalled itunes twice, started to get pretty frustrated. any help? please?

40. hamza says

ios 7 works fine,all i did was download the ipsw file click update and selected the file and i was done.simple

41. Danica says

Because I was highly impatient, I downloaded ios 7 to my iPhone by watching a shitty youtube video that gave me wrong directions. Now my phone won’t activate or restore in itunes and I don’t know how to either reverse it or redo the process correctly. Can anybody help me?

42. Ben says

Could some one please add my UDID free please? and provide a valid download link also

b98bb4d84675806827572e3f3ec8cfefd201621c
    iphone 5.

• Nope69 says

yes, during the process you have to first restore your phone using the latest IPSW file. Just keep that file on your computer in case you don’t want to keep IOS 7. I was able to revert back, and actually my phone seems faster now.

• Matthijs says

Okay, and if you want to downgrade it again, you’ll need IOS 6.1.3 for example. Where can you download it?

43. James.C says

Found a pretty cheap website cheaper than what was in the description of this article, its appleudid.com. i just got my iPhone registered and I must say I love the new iOS 7 its nice and clean and surprisingly for a beta its super stable.

44. Ryan back says

I downloaded iOS 7 beta last night without paying a cent. I didn’t have to register a udid either :)

It’s working good, a little lag here and there but overall its great! And everyone of my apps work

• Nope69 says

Yeah, what’s up with these scammers trying to charge people? I guess karma will catch up to them soon enough.

45. RayRey says

46. Ajay says

47. pete says

48. Sticktron says

Developer registration is NOT required to install Apple betas.
    Edit your hosts file and block albert.apple.com during the installation, iTunes will activate your device.

49. gboenoibn says

We’re currently offering 50% off iOS 7 UDID registrations!
    Head over to ActivateMyiPhone.com NOW!
    INSTANT ACTIVATION, USE iOS 7 RIGHT AWAY!
    **–**– ACTIVATEMYiPHONE.COM –**–**

50. Nope69 says

Why would anyone pay for this, I was able to install ios 7 for free. I have since reverted back since it’s way too slow on the Iphone 4

51. IOSREGISTER says

$1 iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch UDID Registration!
    iPad iOS 7 BETA Download ! Also, iPod Touch Download!
    Cheap, 24/7 Support!
    Click on Catalog on the site
    activateyourudid.myshopify.com

52. DREW says

Please help!!!! updated my iphone 4s and is wont even turn on!!! PLEASE HELP! Plugged into itunes AND WONT DO ANYTHING

53. MAX says

Drew,

Try to hold both home and power buttons down for 15 seconds at the same time until you see the apple logo and let go. It should work.

Good luck!

54. kevin says

can someone please help me. I registered my udid ad its active, but i have no clue where to get the actual ios 7 download from, or where to sign in (if you need to) or what to do now. Im not very computer savvy so can someone PLEASE help me?!?!?

55. AJ SIMS says

what if in the fall when IOS 7 officially comes out do I still have to update the beta or will i have to go to settings and download it like i would going from IOS 6.1.3 to IOS 7 or will I be permanently stuck with the beta.

56. Anthony Guariglia says

this works with text and all apps that i have tried. Also, you can downgrade by downloading the latest iOS 6 and then restoring the same way you got iOS 7 beta (steps 6-7) but using iOS 6 instead of 7

57. Ajay says

58. Neil says

If you need to get your UDID registered, InstantUDID.com is probably the best option. They register instantly for only $5.

59. stephen says

60. ActivateMyiPhone (@ActivateMyiPhon) says

iOS 7 BETA 2 is OUT NOW! Get iOS 7 on your iPad, iPhone, iPod NOW!
    **–**– ACTIVATEMYiPHONE.COM –**–**
    We’re currently offering 50% off iOS 7 UDID registrations!
    Head over to ActivateMyiPhone.com NOW!
    INSTANT ACTIVATION, USE iOS 7 RIGHT AWAY!
    **–**– ACTIVATEMYiPHONE.COM –**–**

61. HonestAid says

So you want to try iOS 7. Here are the steps you need to get up and going with this new update.

Step 1: Finding and Registering UDID
    A UDID is “a series of numbers and letters used by Apple and developers to uniquely identify your iPhone, iPod touch”

1) Follow this link to get your UDID for your phone: http://whatsmyudid.com/
    2) You need to register your UDID, I used http://www.instantudid.com/ this is $5, but works and got my phone registered instantly

Step 2: Download the iOS 7 Beta 3 file for your specific iPhone, iPad or iPod model
    1) go to http://atfdl.com/, this has the specific firmware you need to update your iPhone

Step 3: Open up iTunes, and Restore your iPhone with the iOS 7 beta 3. On a Mac, make sure you’re holding down alt/option when you click Restore, and on Windows, hold down Shift when you click Restore.

Step 4: To find the iOS 7 beta 3 file for restoring your iPhone, find the downloaded iOS 7 beta 3 file on your computer, which should be the most recently downloaded file that ends with “.ipsw.”

Step 5: Enjoy iOS 7!!!

62. Shaheer says

Syan I just emailed you can you please do mine for free if you didn’t get my mail My UDID is 063184992096950336cab42d0ecf1b3f750fbc24 . Can you pls do mine! THANKS!

63. TheTechSilo says

I am seriously impressed with the iOS7. It just has such a clean look and feel to it. Only complaint is the battery life, it definitely drops it by a good 10%-20% or so, everyone I know who’s updated said it’s a very noticeable difference. Overall it’s still worth updating, I would never want to go back.

64. iOS 7 download links says

iOS betas can be easily installed on non-developer device. All users need to do is to register their devices to some beta developer, and then gain hands on the iPSW files to restore their device.