iOS 7 Release Time: When to Expect the iOS 7 Download

The iOS 7 release time is not official yet, but thanks to Apple’s predictable schedule, we have a good idea of when you can expect the iOS 7 download and update option on the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.

Apple announced the iOS 7 release date of September 18th earlier this month, but in typical Apple fashion the company didn’t disclose all of the details, including the iOS 7 release time.

Users who want to avoid any issues shouldn’t try to get iOS 7 as soon as Apple starts the downloads, but for users who can’t wait to try out the new iOS 7 features, here’s when you can expect a release.

Read: 7 iOS 7 Release Date Tips

The iOS 7 release time is very likely set for September 18th at 10 AM Pacific. Check out when the iOS 7 release could be in your time zone.

The odds are very good that Apple is planning an iOS 7 release time of 10 AM Pacific on September 18th. This is the same time Apple released the iOS 6 update, the iOS 5 update and the iOS 4.2 update. It is also the time Apple released all but one of the iOS 7 betas.

Read: How to Upgrade to iOS 7

This time makes sense for Apple who is based in California, as it allows the company to prepare for a release that won’t ping most iPhone or iPad users in the middle of a commute and it lets Apple’s support staff get in and ready for any issues.

Here is the iOS 7 release time for your time zone.

• Eastern – 1 PM
  • Central – 12 PM
  • Mountain – 11 AM
  • London – 6 PM
  • Moscow – 9 PM
  • New Dehli – 10:30 PM
  • Shanghai – 1 AM Thursday
  • Tokyo – 2 AM Thursday
  • Melbourne – 3 AM Thursday
  • Auckland – 5 AM Thursday

While Apple is predictable with iOS release times, one reason the company may avoid announcing a specific iOS 7 release time is to prevent server overloads. While Apple was able to handle the demand for iOS 6 last year, the company may not want the equivalent of digital lines, which would likely outpace the iPhone 5s lines already forming across the U.S. and abroad.

Apple announced over 200 new iOS 7 features at the iPhone 5s announcement last week, highlighting not only the new iOS 7 features but the completely new look for iOS 7.

Read: 23 Awesome iOS 7 Features

The iOS 7 download is free for the iPhone 4 and newer, iPad 2 and newer and iPod touch. Users can upgrade to iOS 7 directly from the iPhone or iPad without the need to plug into a computer.

The video below highlights many of the new iOS 7 features and offers a glimpse at the new iOS 7 design which Craig Federighi, Apple’s SVP of Software Engineering called, “the most significant iOS update since the original iPhone.”

Comments

• Tejas says

Dude its 10.30 PM at night and secondly u have to update itunes to 11.1 i am using ios 7 gm it requires itunes 11.1 so be prepare fr both

• Topshelf says

(U.S.A. – California) Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 10:00:00 AM PDT
        (United Kingdom – England) Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 6:00:00 PM BST UTC+1 hour
        (Australia – New South Wales) Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 3:00:00 AM AEST
        (Afghanistan) Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 9:30:00 PM AFT
        UTC (GMT) Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 17:00:00

• nicequal (@nicequal) says

I’ve no specific info, but I’ve heard of no issues with Bluetooth units. But as all bluetooth units should follow the Bluetooth standards, support should generally become better, not worse, with a new version. I wouldn’t be afraid to update. Good luck.

• Toby says

No and jail broken or unlocked limitations on any apple device will discontinue the updates

• Nick (@andsoitgoes) says

Please do read clearly before responding.

Of course this will work on unlocked phones that are not tied to a carrier (ones that you can buy directly from apple).

And of course it won’t work on jailbroken devices, but that can be fixed simply by backing up, wiping all settings and starting from scratch. There’s almost nothing that can be detected when you’ve reset your phone.

Please stop spreading Incorrect information.

1. Jordie Jay says

IOS 7 is worth the wait. It’s a much better experience on iPhone 5 than it is on my iPhone 4.
    Don’t rush to quick tho as there is already talks of 7.0.1 and 7.1 which are cropping up online all over the place.

2. Waheed says

Can sime one tell when i can update i am leaving in afghanistan ? And right now my local time is 2:52AM

3. Wooh says

I will come to your phone in time. It wont change your life. Good god. You guys are acting like a 5 year old on Christmas Eve. Get a life.

4. Justin Alvarez says

Samuel,
    Stop! Go get something to eat. Maybe watch a movie. Then go to bed. You have at least 15 hours until the software update.

The update is good folks, but this childish stuff is rediclous! Read the story, it states the 18th at “potentially” 10PT.

5. Forrest says

I laugh at all the people thinking that the update was the 17th…. When it clearly states, September 18th (WEDNESDAY) at 10 AM PST time…. You derps

6. Zack Simpson says

I seem to recall waking up at 5AM when iOS 5 came out so I could have it before my peers. (Yes, these were the days before the luxury of OTA updates.) Am I just remembering incorrectly, or did iOS 5 release at midnight/late the night before?

7. laurence1964 says

It never ceases to amaze me that in this age of technological wonder, people cannot tell the time or know what date it is. When it gets to 10am in California on the 18th Sept, whatever time THAT is for you wherever you are in the world is the release date! Simples!

8. Jay says

I think android has all the features apple just copied . Damn apple need tonstart from the scratch else they wont be able to sell people things they dont need

9. joe says

Nobody gives a crap, wouldn’t touch this IOS version for anything, worst os EVER, my 6 year old could have done a better looking job. Thank god I’ve switched to Android, Apple have lost the plot.

10. Topshelf says

(U.S.A. – California) Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 10:00:00 AM PDT
    (Australia – New South Wales) Thursday, September 19, 2013 at 3:00:00 AM AEST
    (Afghanistan) Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 9:30:00 PM AFT
    UTC (GMT) Wednesday, September 18, 2013 at 17:00:00

11. ZEROMECH says

o my god u guys r idiots it comes out today the 18th at 1pm my god u r worse then me and my brother

12. Ralph says

Basements will be busy today, eh? Be sure your mom doesn’t forget to bring you your sandwich and power drink.

13. satheesh says

I am in Jeddah, KSA, and I got the update but it is taking almost 1 hour to download it….

14. Puneet says

Update has arrived for my iPhone on time, but nothing for iPad yet.
    Am from New Delhi India.

15. Tim says

Mine is being stupid and says it is unavailable right now. But it allowed me to download it. What is going on?