GTA 5 Online Fix Could Come Tomorrow

Grand Theft Auto 5 players who have been experiencing issues with Grand Theft Auto Online should get the relief they’ve been looking for soon as Rockstar has promised a title update for as soon as tomorrow, an update it says should take care of the issues that have been plaguing players since the GTA 5 Online release earlier this week.

On Tuesday, Rockstar unleashed the GTA 5 Online, an open world where GTA 5 players can tackle jobs, compete in races or simply just cause mayhem together inside of the game’s massive open world. Problem is, GTA 5 Online issues have prevented many players from actually experiencing the game online and those who have actually managed to get in the game have been reporting a host of bugs plaguing the gameplay.

Switching characters could help with common GTA Online problems.

Switching characters could help with common GTA Online problems.

While it will take awhile before GTA 5 Online is void of major bugs, it looks like Rockstar is at least cooking up a fix for those that can’t progress past the opening tutorial.

Rockstar has been working around the clock to fix the issues that have been preventing players from entering GTA 5 Online. And it looks like the company will be delivering a fix for those issues tomorrow in the form of a title update. On the company’s website, Rockstar claims that:

We’re currently working on a title update for both PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 to address commonly reported issues with GTA Online. We hope to have it out for download as soon as tomorrow.

It looks like the update will be aimed at the major issues that users are encountering including cloud server issues, failure to host GTA Online sessions, and the inability to move past the opening tutorial which forces players to select a car and complete a race.

Rockstar says that some users have found success using temporary fixes including deleting characters and deleting the previous title update from the Xbox’s memory though those aren’t working for everyone. Users reporting successes have often had to wait for at least 10 minutes before the race actually begins.

The company had previously warned players that GTA Online would be full of issues and bugs when it arrived though players likely didn’t expect to not be able to access the service at all.

Comments

1. Californian says

Yesterday I deleted my character and I’m able to play haven’t got maor issues yet works fine or me can’t wait till it gets fix it there not that much people playing but it’s really awesome

• MBG says

He’s right no need to be a dick, but its a failure of a game because 2 days after online launch they have issues? I would like to see you make a game this massive and popular and not have any problems

• Immanuel Alston says

He isnt a major game company who spends millions making only games and has been incorporating online for almost 8 years. They hyped the online constantly, only to wait until the night before to say “btw guys, its broken” they seperated releases so all the bugs and crap in multiplayer wouldnt hurt their reviews. Wecan complain

• Prof. BigNuts says

U shut yo Bum breath lol sorry just had to add tht in because it sounded funnny with u two comedians lol

• Panaro says

At this point I agree with you. Not only has R* made a ton of money from a game that’s not complete, we get to read stupid empty promises like “we’ll get it fixed today….well not today but tomorrow”. So before you go bashing this guy remember that there are supposed PROFESSINALS that made make games like this. Get your stiff together R*

• bob121 says

Maddens an even huger failure, those assholes didnt have their bugs fixed after three god damn weeks

2. Cameron says

got in passed the race issue and was able to play normaly until I started my ps3 back up only to realize that some how my character was deleted and I had to start again but now I can’t get past the race!! -_- it just keeps on saying loading session

3. J says

Why is he a dick because he wants what he paid for rockstar are the dicks. Who brings out a half ass game? I just wish i wasnt so stupid also. I not buying shit from them until
    I play it at a friends house . I didnt know the online wasn’t working till i got home.

• Get Real says

Slim dick and j faggot.. You guys are mad that you guys bought gta a single player game converting into online and think it will be one hundred percent perfect?? This is like Alpha Beta right now.. So if you want to return the game do it… I’m just saying you will be mad when everyone is playing in a week or 2…

• Immanuel Alston says

Its not that it isnt perfect. It that for 90% of people, it doesnt work at all. If it was a beta, they should have released it as a beta, instead of calling it the real thing. It is a mess, and if they knew it would be broken, they couldve released it on time, and maybe by now, those issues would be fixed

• dill says

Moron, it’s been in beta form since april. The game was pushed back 5-6 months till sept 17th, people should be pissed we got an incomplete game. There’s a reason they pushed this game back for as long as they did, they should have fixed all their problems! Don’t flame people if you have no clue what you’re talking about.

4. Redshark says

Complete failure no matter how they spin this. I hope Take-Two Interactive Software enjoys the money since it might be the last time Rockstar is this hot. If you got shares you better sell them quick while the selling is good.

5. Slim jim says

Im a dick?? Cause i paid my hard earned money and waited for 2weeks for Nothing but they had no problem bragging about all the money they made the 1st week.oh lets not forget their reason (oh its more players then we thought) bullshit erybody plays GTA even females who hate video games play GTA N yes i damn sure can help on a massive game like this because im a gamer who knos the gaming world N i dnt have my head my ass

6. D1G1TA1 F34R says

I was asked to creatr a temp character I wasnt able to do anything but run around and kill other players then I wasnt even able to do that I kind of agree with slim jim but I understand where the problems rockstar is having ate coming from

7. Slim jim says

Oh N lets thank R* for not makin it a option on a tutorial too show us how too play after we been playin SP for 2weeks

8. Leeanna Thomas says

I create the new character then the guy comes to drop off the new car and a screen shot of the city pops on but all blurred and freezes every time at the same place it sucks big time when you see friends actually playing online!!! It angers me when I was 1 of those who queued for the 12am launch to be let down by such a massive failure rock star ya deffo dropped the preverbial ball this time I recon we should be getting some free dlc for our massive let down!!!!!

9. TheDoctor_02 says

Are you guys seriously for real? Bloody kids, or at the very least sound like them. Like you never broke a promise before… Patience is vertue. Give it time, this game is going to rock. R* you fellas are kicking it… :-)

10. Bobby says

Yes I agree that rockstar messed up but they said that this is a seperate game from sp. this is their first online game where you can do everything in sp online. And , think, how much data does it take to mod your car, rob a store, and do missions for everyone that plays.once again,”yes rockstar messed up but they will get it together and only time can help them, so instead of getting mad at them let’s try to help them resolve these problems by giving them as much time as they need.

11. fart says

Stop complaining shit happens. Go play your shitty yearly sports games you drop 60 dollars on like a moron.

12. Devon Morrison (Rancho Cordova, CA) says

The literally should’ve put a “skip tutorial” button before the cut-scene, like most games do. Not only that, but did they even test run the multiplayer with beta testers? Or did they just make it and had the mind-set, “We’ll let everyone who paid $60+ for the game to experience problems with the Online” I mean, come on. And no, it’s not their first “online only” game, Red Dead Redemption and GTAIV and a lot of other Rockstar games have online multiplayer.

13. Kevin says

I’m glad they took two weeks so everybody in my crew is on playing while I’ve tried around hundred times to get on and still can’t play. I’m glad NBA 2k14 is out and all of it is working.

14. ripped off says

How could they not be ready for this!!!!! Why even release they game if your not prepared? Its not user friendly first of all. Takes forever to get in the same game as your friends if you even get on. Complete disaster if you ask me. I want a full refund even if this stupid update does work. Mandatory tutorial!?!? For what? We know how to play the game already you idiots!!!!!! Get your heads out of your ass!!!!!

15. Jay says

My rank 11 char is missing yet I still have my money and I can play on my other char quote fine. Except for missions

16. PyroTecGames says

I understand there will be errors on new online releases but, I work early morning until late afternoon so by the time I can get on the servers are full and I cant play/havent played. I dont think it is fair where someone that can get on when ever they want during the day can play because they dont have a responsibility inhabitanting them. A job shouldnt affectplayability.

17. mitch says

fuk… :( thumbs down.. thay made all them copys they shoulda counted on that many being sold