Dell: Windows 7 Latitude XT Drivers Being Posted Today

I just received word from @LionelatDell and @BillatDell that Windows 7 drivers for the Latitude XT are being posted today, this includes functional N-Trig digitizer drivers. Direct link to Windows 7 N-trig drivers: 32 bit: http://bit.ly/5uRRce, 64 bit: http://bit.ly/4SNW46

As of this writing, they are not there yet. I understand they are working on adding Windows 7 as a drop down menu option for the XT and that is taking some time. They have advised everyone to find them using the BIOS drop down filter for the time being. I’m not seeing them using that filter, either, but will keep checking throughout the day and will test them out tonight.

Others – post back your findings on how these drivers work for your Latitude XT.

UPDATE: The drivers are now available under the BIOS OS filter….but…I’m not sure what kind of testing Dell is doing, because the N-Trig drivers posted are the exact same drivers N-Trig released back in September 2009 – that’s right, the same buggy ones that continue to plague Windows 7 users to this date. What’s up Dell? What did you work on for the past five months? Surely you were not testing the N-Trig drivers. Other Windows 7 compliant drivers are on the site (Mouse, wireless drivers, etc) if you are interested.

Thanks for nothing, Dell.

Comments

1. Tim says

Wow… the incompetence is staggering. I’m extremely disappointed at Dell. I thought when Michael Dell took over, things would turn for the better but this is the same old Dell.

Thanks Rob for trying so hard and actually holding Dell accountable for their awful service. It’s very admirable.

I hope more blogs carry the story and continue to hold Dell responsible for abandoning their loyal customers who had faith in them.

2. Rob Bushway says

Lionel – I don’t think you understand. The drivers are correct. I even downloaded them from your current links.

My issue is that they are the EXACT same drivers that N-Trig released to us all back in Sept 09, contain the same bugs, etc. What we have all been waiting for are fixed drivers that work with Windows 7, not the same broken drivers that were released to work with Windows 7.

We do appreciate the other Windows 7 updated drivers, though (mouse, wireless, etc)

3. Trevor Claiborne says

What’s that? A Lenovo X200 calling my name? Works on Windows 7 you say? Pen and multitouch? Company keeps its promises?

I’m pretty close to wiping my Latitude XT and ditching it at this point.

4. Steve S says

These drivers are not the same; the original versions were 19.5 MB; these versions are 16 MB.

I wonder what’s different…?

5. Chris S (aximbigfan) says

….For the record, I noticed that they were different and told Steve S across the hall from me, who immediately posted it. :)….

But, yeah, it’s possible that they are the same versions, or even mislabeled, but something IS different. It’s possible they compressed it differently, or it’s possible that the program is different.

Anyone wanna Guinea pig it?

6. Virtuous says

In recent years Dell has gone downhill. Why anyone would buy anything from Dell is beyond me.

7. Rob Bushway says

steve and axim – The 32 bits are also the same size (do a properties on the setup.exe)

also, I installed the n-trig driver from Dell – experience the same problems – phantom clicks, pen clicks when the pen is away from the screen, etc.

8. techgeek32 says

unfortunately I think we are almost to the point of starting a class action lawsuit against Dell. It really stinks to think that is the only option, but what is it going to take to make them listen and take responsibility for this three-ring circus?

9. Absolutely NoOne says

I saw the title and was like, “Yay! :) You go Rob!’…
    Bu then there was that pesky update.

Dud,e Dell really needs to get it together here.

10. Chris S (aximbigfan) says

11. Hongwei L says

I laughed when I saw the first Google Ad on this site:
    Lenovo x200 Tablet PC

It’s like the internet is trying to tell me something …