Motorola Droid X Gingerbread Update Rejected By Verizon?

Last week, we told you about a rumor that said that the Motorola Droid X Android 2.3 Gingerbread update could possibly start rolling out as soon as this Sunday, March the 27th. It was said that it would first roll out to business clients with the device and then start hitting handsets of the general populous soon after.

Motorola Droid X

Well, it looks like that rumor has been debunked with, surprise surprise, another rumor that states that the Gingerbread update for the Droid X has been rejected by Verizon after Motorola had approved it for takeoff.

That notion comes in the form of a tweet (via Droid-Life) from someone named PydePypper who claims that the update has been sent back to Motorola by Verizon for fixes and that it will be another month before it’s released.

It was pretty shocking to hear that the update would be out on Sunday so it’s definitely not surprising to hear that Droid X owners will likely have to wait longer than 2 days to see Android 2.3 hit their devices.

Comments

1. David Jenkins says

It’s time for all the custom nonsense to go the way of the dodo. Only Pure Android phones (right now, only Nexus) get trouble-free updates. Why are the carriers and manufacturers complicating things? No wonder Apple fans like to laugh at Android fragmentation.

• Quintin P says

I think what you said makes a lot of sense, especially to me. The moment I can get rid of my Droid X I will hop on over to the next generation iPhone. Why? Because iPhone simply work! Quite tired of the daily reboots, lagging camera, lack of updates that make improvements.

2. David says

Verizon is tough on releasing BB updates, also. (yes, I’m currently a long-suffering BB user, waiting for the Bionic. :) )

3. Jdawgnoonan says

I am tired of having a phone made by a company that considers the carier to be the customer. The number one thing that I miss about my iphone is that apple treated me like I was the customer. Motorola’s loyalties lie with Verizon. That is why they push bloatware that I can’t remove.

• Pawwfux says

b.s.
      root your phone and remove the bloat
      motorola makes more phones for other carriers than it does for V

• Lesjes says

Apple treats you like you are a customer? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
      So you like the fact that Apple dictates what can be on your phone completely? Have you ever tried to deal with them as a “customer”.

• 123 says

We should all send Verizon f*** you posts:) lol
      Its a lose lose… if they send it out as planned and too many bugs… we’d still complain and their (vzw) quality would would be questioned.

4. some_dude says

I love my Droid X! The single most compelling reason for me to choose a Droid over an iPhone is the use of widgets. No widgets on the iPhone. If you want to do or see anything, you have to open an app. No news feeds that you can check at a glance. No weather reports you can check at a glance. No social networking tools you can check at a glance. All without having to open a single app!
    Don’t even get me started on removable storage and the ability to get to the files on my phone and transfer them without the use of another app on my computer! Oh if only you could do all that on an iPhone… Of course, Apple will never break its dependency on good old iTunes, which is a great management tool but an IT nightmare because of all the systems it can potentially break and other problems it introduces into every day support. I could go on and on!

At least we do have something in common. We can all sit and laugh those forced to use Windows Mobile phones. I just hope I don’t die from laughter, though.

• Jberryman32 says

W ell aleast if you get tired of an factory update to release you can get root and flash another on Android and if you worry about bricking your DX D2 & Droid Pro Droid1 you can always install official Motorola RSD LITE & SBF back to Stock without worry also so with Motorola bricking is impossible………

• Jberryman32 says

Motorola RSD-LITE WORKS ON VIRTUALLY any Windows PC…… it’s great for those uh oohs… But most of the O.S. For any Motorola Android Phone Are very Stable Team Black Hat Builds are awesome and the new GingerBreak APK for 2.3 works just as good & easy as z4-Root…… For any 2.3 BUILDS………… DROIDDOES………

5. Deenyryan says

uhg i love my droid x i like my phone to the able to do something iphone restrict you from doing thing but they need to stop making us wait so long for upgades and tellin people its coming and never drop it not cool!

6. nokia repair parts says

the rejections are due to a “list of bugs” that are present in the
    Android 2.3 Gingerbread update that the Motorola Droid X has already
    received, and thus until such times as those bugs are sorted out Verizon
    will not roll out the update.