Android Phones on Verizon Report Incorrect Time, Clocking out Early for the Weekend

24 responses

1. Mystify94
    05/27/2011

It’s not just the verizon phones, I think. I had this same issue yesterday on my sprint htc evo 4g. My time was showing exactly 10 minutes faster. I rebooted the phone and it worked fine but it took maybe about couple of hours before I saw the same issue again.

2. echoota
    05/27/2011

I also have an Evo 4g, and have the same thing, about 10 minutes off.  I was sweating it this morning thinking I was running way late for work.

If you want to fix manually: Home Screen -> Menu -> Settings -> Date & Time

3. Ashley
    05/27/2011

Yeah same thing happened with my Sprint Evo 4g..home screen..menu..settings..date & time…uncheck “automatic” and then re-check it..worked for me :)

4. Sanjeev Samanta
    06/13/2011

Hi Guys, this same problem happened to IPhone 4 (Vodafone NZ) as well, a restart didnt fixed the issue.. did anyone having similar issue with IPhone 4 handset?

5. Numb1midget
    09/13/2011

I have the droid and mine was 2 hrs off

6. Leo Ashcraft
    10/20/2011

My Thunderbolt was a whole 5 hours off when I woke up…it was 11 and it was saying 4!

7. Cwelle1
    10/30/2011

I woke upn this morning and my phone decided it was daylight savings time! It was one hour early and daylinght savings is not until next Sunday!!

• dl
      10/27/2013

My samsung galaxy thinks it is 1 hr earlier. Restarting didn’t solve the problem any ideas…

8. Joanne_orcutt
    12/22/2011

My android phone says it is a week from now and three hours later????

9. Zhndream
    03/08/2012

i have htc evo 4g. off by an hour and insists on showing wrong location! after restarting the right time will appear for a little bit then back to an hour slow!

• Ken Harrison
      03/15/2012

the same thing just happened to me. Wrong time (an hour early) and it thinks I’m in Rio. I am so not in Rio! a re-boot fixed the problem for five minutes. menu>setting>date and time. Uncheck Automatic. I’m keeping it uncheked.

10. Fishiam
    03/14/2012

3 days, 3 different times my Evo 4G on Sprint had wrong time. First 1 hour behind, next 3 hours and today 12 hours behind.  This happened only a few times in nearly 2 years.  I have “use wireless network” set to determine location and “Automatic” date and time set by network provider. This last one could be the culprit. If Sprint or Verizon (secondary) get messed up, I’m at risk. A cube wall share has the Droid on Verizon and had his location misreported as being in TX when were are in MA at the same time I had that problem.

11. Billy
    04/04/2012

I have the droid and mine is saying its January 5th, 2000.  It was fine earlier today.

12. Warner
    08/01/2012

THE REASON OUR DATES ARE WRONG IS BECAUSE ON 12-21-2012 THE EARTH IS GONING TO BE IN THE CENTER OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM. THE EARTH’S POLES ARE GOING TO SHIFT AND ONE-THIRD OF THE PLANET WILL BE WIPED OUT. LOOK UP 2012 POLE SHIFT ON YOUTUBE. MAY GOD FORGIVE US.

• Jack
      10/09/2012

Talk about ignorant.

• john
      01/02/2013

Who feels stupid now.

13. Jeff
    12/09/2012

My HTC Incredible time change some time around midnight and three am displaying one to two hours incorrect time difference, causing my alarm clock to ring at 5:30 am instead of the 4:45 am that it is programed to ring… Any solutions to this problem?

14. MARKWW
    01/01/2013

zte cell phone boots on the splash screen saying mauve music shows time and date 12 yrs in the past when it finishes booting up it shows correct date. This has started after cricket installed its update from factory. If I try to do it all over again I will loose all my apps and data

15. warren crowe
    08/04/2013

My samsung note 2 is an hour behind.

16. Leah
    09/27/2013

I have this happen every night. My alarm never goes off in the AM anymore because at 7AM it reads that it is 1 or 2 AM. I have a Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy Discover, Android System. This is so crazy! It just happened 5 mins ago. At 2:45PM sent a text, 2 mins later, tried to send another and it read 10:44AM. Someone help explain this!

17. Lars Nilsson
    11/26/2013

My HTC One has suddenly started to think that I am in Adelaide (½ hours difference) and not in Sydney where I actually am. It is only the time widget that is wrong, everything else knows I am in Sydney.

18. Brixius111
    12/16/2014

I had an issue with my time being off by 2 mins, when I checked Settings -> Date Time, Use Time Provided by network was unchecked. I suspect that an update unchecked this setting. Once I checked it the time was correct again.

19. cheyenne
    01/10/2015

Just got brand new droid turbos two of them and the time keeps being off by 4hrs.

20. connor
    01/30/2015

My motorala motox is off two he’s all the sudden!