Acer is showing off the W4 Windows Phone 7 hardware at the Computex trade show. The device is said to be pre-loaded with the latest Windows Phone 7 Mango update, and would come in two variants with one variant supporting AT&T’s U.S. 3G bands.
Here are some specs for the device:
- 3.6-inch WVGA Capacitive screen,
- Screen Resolution: 480×800
- 5mp Camera with auto-focus.
- HSPA 850/1900 or 900/2100 /GSM quad band 850/900/ 1800/ 1900 MHz Support.
- Qualcomm MSM 8255 running at 1GHz (same processor as in the Xperia Play)
- Wifi, Bluetooth 2.1
- DLNA Support
- Windows Phone Mango
- 8GB Storage
Though one variant of the Acer W4 supports AT&T’s 3G band, it’s still unclear if AT&T would offer the device in its lineup in the future. When Windows Phone 7 initially launch, AT&T’s aggressive support for the platform resulted in the carrier branding itself as the preferred Windows Phone 7 carrier partner.
Last we heard, Acer is said to be focusing on its mobile business and the company’s debut Windows Phone 7 hardware may be part of that effort.