Sell Your iPhone 4 Before iPhone 5 Announcement for $300 or More

Apple fans intent on having the latest iPhone in their pocket can sell their iPhone 4s for more than $300 through electronics buyback services, such as Gazelle.com. The iPhone 5 may or may not be announced at WWDC 2011, but one thing is for sure. Your iPhone 4 will be worth a lot less once the iPhone 5 is introduced.

I’ve bought a new iPhone every June for the past four years and this month won’t be any different if I can have my way. Of course paying $299 per year for a phone isn’t something I’d like to do…so I don’t.

Instead, I sell my used Apple gear to Gazelle BEFORE the new gear is announced. I sold my used iPad to Gazelle earlier this year to pay for my iPad 2 upgrade and I already sold my iPhone 4 to the company before the iPhone 5 is even announced.

Gazelle offered me $305 for my slightly abused iPhone 4, with minor scuffs and scratches. I don’t have the original cables, but that didn’t change the offer price. I paid $299 plus taxes for my 32GB iPhone 4, so that means I’ll recoup almost the entire purchase price. As of Sunday evening, Gazelle was offering $326 for iPhone 4s in flawless condition.

Of course the iPhone 5 hasn’t been announced yet and it may NOT be announced at WWDC. But that’s ok. I have 30 days to send Gazelle my iPhone 4 or change my mind.

If you’re itching to upgrade to an iPhone 5, I suggest you head over to Gazelle.com or one of its competitors (such as NextWorth.com) NOW to get the best price possible. I’ve tried other trade-in services before, but keep coming back to Gazelle because of its 30-day return window and customer service.

One word of caution – you do need to accurately describe your iPhone 4 to Gazelle. If it does not arrive in the condition you described, you’ll be offered a significantly lower amount of cash.

Visit Gazelle.com to see what your iPhone 4 is worth before and after WWDC.

Comments

1. Belcherboys says

How do you sell your iphone each year? Don’t you sign a 2 year contract?  If so, in order to get a new iphone, for the discounted price, you would have to take on another contract with another phone number, wouldn’t you?

2. Alexis G says

you sold your iphone 4 before it the iphone 5 is even announced? NOw i believe that Mr. Jobs will announce it at WWDC but wow you have got some big balls to do so b4 confirmation…..I cant live without my iphone 4 for even a day so kudos to you lol…..and besides, I like to keep a model of every iphone just for nostaligic/collectable reasons. ESPECIALLY the iphone 4 being that its the sexiest classiest (glass back) phone ever to come out. INSTANT classic. I will hate shelling out another 200-300 dollars for another phone but the iphone 4 is just too damn pretty for me to let go of no matter what phone i end up with…..LOVE it

3. Cepino says

hahaha.  good luck living for the next six months without a phone.  no iphone 5 on the horizon yet!

4. Cepino says

5. veleno says

ahahahah good luck living without a phone for the next six months!  no iphone 5 on the horizon yet!  You’re so full of it!

6. veleno says

7. Craig Timmins says

It wouldn’t suprise me if Apple back date the iPhone 5 like they have done, but then release it sooner. It’s certainly something they have done in the past and i’m sure will do again for the publicity. A good site I should mention as well is the sell phone website, SellCell.com where you can (at the time of writing) get back about $342 if you compare: http://www.sellcell.com/apple/iphone-4g-32gb/

8. Jjhats says

or you could use half your brain and save your phone because no one indicated that iphone 5 was going to be introduced at wwdc….and if u sold your phone on ebay you could get 500 bucks easy. anyways have fun not having an iphone for the next 3 months

9. Cynthia says

After doing some research on similar sites, I have found that celltradein.com pays the most.

10. LiRockstar says

What do you use in the time between you sell the phone and the time you receive the new one?