How to Get iOS 5 Now – 5 Options Under $10

If you can’t wait to until this Fall to get iOS 5 on your iPhone or iPad, we have you covered with a collection of solutions for installing the iOS 5 beta on your device right now without buying a $99 developers license. We’ve used this method to upgrade several devices to iOS 5, but be sure to read the warnings before you pay up and upgrade because there’s no going back.

How to Get iOS 5 Now

If you pay one of these sites and give them your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch UDID you can get access to the beta within a day. The upgrade process is simple and straightforward enough for most users, but be sure to read the warnings before you upgrade.

iOS 5 Beta Warnings

1. Beta – This is a Beta and may not work as you expect. We have already had one crash on our iPad. Be sure you want to put up with bugs and issues before you upgrade your iPhone.
  2. No Turning Back – If you upgrade to the iOS 5 Beta you will not be able to go back to iOS 4.3. You will need to stay on the betas until the official iOS 5 arrives this fall.
  3. iTunes 10.5 – You’ll need iTunes 10.5 to sync over a cord to your computer.
  4. Work in Progress – This early version doesn’t have every feature, notably the camera icon on the lockscreen is missing and other items are still not polished.
  5. Apps - We haven’t run into this yet, but you may experience apps that won’t work as expected in IOS 5.

Essentially, the process is easy enough for anyone to upgrade to iOS 5 now, but if you depend on your iPhone or iPad a your connection to the world or for work, you may want to hold off until more users have made the upgrade.

Comments

1. Anonymous says

• Adam Mackie says

i waited 30 hours on a recommended site, getting a refund because it didnt come because of a high demand. 5mins on this site, activated udid, and cheaper, sorted, thanks pal :)

2. Dale Bottrell says

The comment, “No Turning Back - If you upgrade to the iOS 5 Beta you will not be able to go back to iOS 4.3. You will need to stay on the betas until the official iOS 5 arrives this fall.”, is not true.I know this because I screwed up installing iOS5 beta not knowing about the activation. I have the Touch 4G and it was completely screwed up, couldn’t do anything with it. I had almost given up when I found this link - http://iphoneism.com/2011/06/0…Basically I used iFaith to get it into DFU mode and install an authentic IPSW from Apple. The Touch pod works fine again. It did get wiped out but that’s what iPod backups are for. I’m back at iOS 4.3.3 and have the UDID and ready to take another swing at it now that I know what is going on.One caveat – iFaith can only run from Windows. But I keep my MacBook installed with Windows XP for those times when only Windows has the software I need. There is suppose to be a Mac version in the works

3. David Marbach says

4. Marcus says

ONLY 4 $ purchase here instead from this page “http://iphonebeta.com”.. I bought there yesterday and they are cheapest I ever seen.. clean and nice :)

5. Kevin Olson says

I have some dev spots left if any one wants to register their device and try ios 5.  $7 iosdevaccess at gmail dot com