Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 Coming to Sprint on June 24th
Just in case you wanted to buy your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 from Sprint, the carrier has announced that it will start carrying the recently released tablet online starting June 24th.
It will then be available in actual Sprint stores a month later on July 24th. Both purchase options are going to cost you $499 for the 16GB Wi-Fi model. Yes, it’s a Wi-Fi model and not one with 4G WiMax built-in. However, it does have something different than the regular old Wi-Fi flavored Galaxy Tab 10.1.
Sprint’s version will be paired with either an Overdrive Pro 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Sierra Wireless or a MiFi 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot by Novatel.
To recap, the Galaxy Tab 10.1 features:
- Android 3.1 Honeycomb offering faster and smoother transitions between different applications, more intuitive navigation to and from home screens, and broader support of USB accessories, external keyboards, joysticks and gamepads
- Android Market for access to more than 60,000 applications for Galaxy Tab 10.1
- Mobile Email–IMAP and POP, GmailTM, MSN Hotmail® and Yahoo!®
- Google Mobile Services, including YouTube, GmailTM, Google TalkTM and Google MapsTM
- HD camcorder with 720p video capture
- Full HTML Web browser with Google Search and Adobe® Flash® Player (10.3)
- 1GHz Tegra 2 dual-core processor
- 1GB of RAM, 16GB of storage
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Stereo Bluetooth Technology 2.1
Again, June 24th online for $499, in-stores on July 24th for the same price.