Droid 2, Droid 2 Global And Droid Pro Gingerbread Updates Rejected by Verizon?

It looks like there is trouble in Motorola Gingerbreadville as a report from Droid-Life indicates that Verizon may have rejected the Android 2.3 builds for the Motorola Droid 2, Motorola Droid 2 Global and the Motorola Droid Pro, and the Motorola Droid X2.

Droid 2 Global

We’ve been hearing from a lot of Motorola Droid X owners who have are dealing with a multitude of issues brought upon them by the Gingerbread update and it appears that those issues are the cause of the delay for the other Droid devices. If true, this means that we could be a few weeks away from an official Gingerbread roll out to these three devices. Certainly a far cry from the days when we thought Gingerbread had arrived for the Droid 2 Global and Droid Pro.

It might even be months depending on how severe the issues are and judging by the outpouring of frustration concerning the Droid X Gingerbread update, the bugs are probably pretty bad.

A difficult situation to be sure but kudos to Verizon for not bringing more trouble to Droid owners by putting out a piece of software that evidently is not ready for the big time.

Comments

• Arpankumar Patel says

it’s marketing ploy to get ppl onto droid3 which is out now, We get shafted for little bit longer so Big red can get some more money first,

1. Dan says

How about they release a vanilla version?  I bet all the bugs are caused by the custom Motorola crap that is in the build.

2. Nicholasvargagm says

My girlfriend has a droid pro and she got updated to gingerbread a month ago……we are both on Verizon and my D2G is still sitting on 2.2 WTF

3. megara says

personally, i think it’s crap that those of us with the original d2 don’t see an update. i’ve had this phone for a year now, and the more this update nonsense goes on, the more i think they’re gonna update the d2g and then skip right over the rest of us with our original d2s. that’s bullcrap.

4. Dbillett1 says

This insatiable drive by consumer’s to always have the latest and greatest Android os on their phones is causing manufacturer’s to rush Android builds to market in increasing buggy form.

This is unfortunate, because it leads to higher priced phones, phones that don’t work as well as they should, apps that work on some phones but not others, and an overall second rate Android experience.

I would rather see then focus manufacturers focus their efforts on making a bug free stable 2.2 rather than push out a buggy 2.3.

I have a Droid Charge. It does everything I ask of it. Buy a phone for what it has today, not what you think it will be upgraded to later.

5. Christopherconma says

I don’t understand why it’s buggy at all. I have been running the leaked copy for months and have not had a single issue.

• Elwil1 says

they are buggy..because motorola adds motor blur to the os… i ur running a leaked vanilla copy you wont have problems. i have owned motorola phones since the early 90′s this is my last one. They are no longer interested in the consumer and their response time to correct errors is too long.

6. Mlxoneill says

my phone is f’d after this update it won’t do anything at all.. it’s going to need a whole master reset

7. Zachary Turner says

Had a bad headphone jack on the Droid X that I was previously very happy with.
    Verizon insisted I perform a complete reset to demonstrate that the problem was not software related.
    After the update, I couldn’t configure my Outlook email – but didn’t recognize that it was a major problem until the replacement phone arrived and couldn’t set it up. Since then, have confirmed with my IT support and Verizon that the phone will no longer work with our version of Outlook.  They wanted to transfer me to Motorola, instead are sending me a Fascinate as a temporary solution to buy me time until a true solution presents itself.  Too bad. Am wary of Motorola/Verizon now.

8. Arieana says

Had droid x, now have dx2 , 2.3 was sooo much better, never had any problems.. Waiting impatiently for the release on dx2.

9. Theonly242 says

I contacted Verizon today after seeing that my phone updated to the new Verizon software but not the android update. They said that is hasn’t been delayed but it isn’t being sent out. I honestly don’t believe them for a second.

10. Uberade says

I wonder why this smells just like the normal bullshit Motorola and Verizon usually do to us?

11. Anonymous says

I think this druid global, is going to be my last android phone. Screw you guys… in the name of Cartman, im going home…

12. Verizon Phone Accessories says

It was pretty shocking to hear that the update would be out on Sunday so
    it’s definitely not surprising to hear that Droid X owners will likely
    have to wait longer than 2 days to see Android 2.3 hit their devices.