T-Mobile G2x Gingerbread Update Coming Within A Month?

Over at the LG forums, there is a very heated discussion going on about the problems that the T-Mobile G2x is facing. Owners are obviously clamoring for action and unsurprisingly, have been inquiring about the phone’s Android 2.3 Gingerbread update. Well, take it for what it’s worth, but a LG forum moderator has chimed in saying he or she would be “surprised” if it didn’t roll out within a month’s time.

T-Mobile G2x

Of course, we have absolutely no idea how connected this person is to anything going on with the G2x saga but we hope that he or she would at least have some knowledge about what’s going on with the phone. That being said, take these comments with a grain of salt. There is a definite possibility that we could, in fact, be more than a month out from seeing Gingerbread and  that would be tragic. Seriously.

In its defense, T-Mobile did say that the update would be out this summer but we still don’t even know for sure whether or not this update is going to fix all of the problems that are plaguing the device. T-Mobile has apparently said it will be but it’s getting harder and harder to believe them.

Remember, this is the same company that tried to pass off the G2x’s disappearence from shelves as a problem with inventory and the phone has been off shelves for more then a month.

Catch my drift?

Via: TMoNews

Comments

1. Its Alex Ob says

Replace doesnt with dont and your review will make more sense. T mobile and g2x will never truly know when the update is coming out until it is a couple days away. Always promising or making new statements that are never fulfilled. I just live my life, not wait, because they lag and dont care about phones already released, but phones that are going to be released.

2. Rob Kleifgen says

Catch my drift??? Yea.. T-Mobile and LG are both liars and incompetent.  It’s absolutely unforgivable that they’ve been so out of touch with their customers regarding the issues with this very expensive phone.

3. Bryancimino says

It will be out sooner than a month. Ive been following tmobiles and lgs forums and i spoke with mutiple representatives. This artical is misleading

• Bryancimino says

Currently lg is going through Q&A testing in there department and then tmobile will have to do some testing thereselves. Id say 2 more weeks max

• Jls6616 says

Hopefully your right!
        I’m on my third Replacement Luckily I got mine at Costco.
        If the update doesn’t roll out by the last dat of summer, I’m going to return it and wait for icecream sandwich :D

4. craig says

The T-Mobile stores here where I live are still selling the g2x so how can you say “they have pulled them from the shelves for do to inventory problems and they have not returned for a month now” just wondering where you got that from.

5. TyrantKing says

This article could have been written back in April and it would be just as accurate. Nobody knows WTF is going on at LG, but this is the last LG phone I’ll ever buy. Also, just waiting for the AT&T T-Mobile merger to be approved so AT&T can cancel my contract and I’m outta here.

6. TyrantKing says

7. Rock Solid says

I would really love to have gingerbread but I want to keep Lg’s camera app. Hope I can get it back after the update!

8. Dopehousex3 says

Thank God I returned mine for the HTC sensation I had to replace my LG g2x 3 times. I will never buy LG again.

9. Tspalacio says

No this phone has not been pulled from my store… There is nothing wrong with taking time to very it fixed right, I was aware of most issues and still bought it, I have the slate too…they will release when ready…otherwise you should be mad at your rep and yourself for not purchasing the right phone in the first place!! Good day! :)

10. Brydroid21 says

Lg should just partner with cyanogen and release the drivers to make the perfect update to the latest gingerbread rom for the g2x

11. Brydroid21 says

12. sharon says

i have had this phone since the launch date in april. i have never had a single problem (full disclosure: very minor LCD bleed and a few random restarts. The latter has not happened in months)

I eagerly await gingerbread, as I have since April, and i don’t expect anything out of anyone anywhere ever. It’ll happen when it happens. I love this phone, gave up my iPhone and never looked back. Sucks you guys have had crappy experiences. Once you root it and kill the ‘MyAccount’ app all the B.S. goes away. Wifi hotspot even works (no tMo tether plan required) at that point.

13. Ryan McPherson says

I just spoke to a T-mobile customer service rep, who told me the update is coming August 21st.