Motorola Xoom Android 3.2 Update Starts Trickling Out

We knew that the Motorola Xoom Android 3.2 update was on the way courtesy of a Google employee but we didn’t know exactly when. Well, today appears to be roll out day as there is now evidence that the update has begun to roll out to some U.S. Motorola Xoom owners.

Motorola Xoom

Now, we knew for sure that this update would be bringing a new ‘zoom’ feature that will give tablet owners a new viewing option for non-tablet applications but what we didn’t know for sure was if this update was going to finally bring SD card support to U.S. Xoom owners. Turns out, there is some good news for a change as Droid-Life has confirmed that this is, in fact, the case.

How widespread is this roll out? No one is too sure at the moment but it would seem that at least a few Xoom owners are now proud owners of a Xoom running Android 3.2 Honeycomb. Early reports suggest that this might just be for the Wi-Fi Xoom only and that it’s probably rolling out in batches as a sort of test to see how the update reacts with the hardware so don’t be shocked if you don’t see it yet.

However, if you own a Wi-Fi Xoom or even one from Verizon, you probably want to check to see if you can pull the Android 3.2 update.

Anyone out there seeing it?

Comments

1. Willybor says

Just got the update, now mount SD card shows up in the settings. Alas need to buy another card. No probs encountered so far with the update. Wifi xoom.

2. kinky-chinky says

Any chance of finding out when 3.2 will be released to non US Xoom owners as some are still waiting for a 3.1 release.

3. kinky-chinky says

4. Ceesbierkens says

?….. and we in the rest off the world. Were is our update then. The 3.0.1 on the Xoom need some bugfixing, 3.1 maybe. But no we see 3.2.
    Are we receiving any update at all in the rest of the world. Google and Motorola don’t care. Maybe beter a Apple next time. To keep us happy…………….Strange very strange

5. Nick Thomas says

Still no update to Verizon Xoom (HMJ37) in PA.
    Has anyone received the update on a non WiFi only Xoom yet?

6. Tsider98 says

Probably won’t see the 3g update until all of the wifi on lies are done…and I am wifi only with no upgrade yet

• Newyorker says

the wifi only xooms in NYC  got the 3.2 upgrade but not the 3g from verizon xooms
      they are waiting for the 4g radio to be installed and as far as the people that I am friends with that went thru verizon they are all still waiting for 4g AND the 3.2 upgrade…horrible ..its amazing that moto would damage its reputation so badly,,and verizon has the nerve to be selling another fully functional tablet,,when they haven’t even kept their promise to the xoom owners..I hope this dosent encourge other manufactures to indulge in such blatant customer abuse..I’m not sying that I am not happier to now have my xoom working right..I am saying that this whole thing has left me with negitive feelings twds moto and verizon and google,, I wont go into what the recent price drop must make those that are still waiting for the upgrade feel like
      Mike

7. Mauros says

I just got updated to 3.2. Update went smoothly, just took a little bit longer booting after the pdate.
    I own a wifi only xoom.

8. Funskey says

Yes got the update today. And yes SD card support is finally added. The storage section in settings shows an SD card section now.

9. That Dude says

I have the 3.2 upgrade on the Wifi Xoom. You can in fact access the SD card but I’m gonna mess around with it to see if i can move data back and forth.

10. Anonymous says

Received on Friday, 7/15 here in Bethel, Alaska.  SD card is accessible on my Zoom now (access under Settings –> Storage –> scroll to bottom.

11. Anthony says

Im in australia and i have upgraded to 3.1 honeycomb with added sd card support for my 3G XOOM. Its absolutely flawless with no issues whatsoever.

12. Williamswj says

Xoom update for WiFi hit here in NC however I am restricted from editing items on SD. Can’t move, add, delete, rename, modify, or adjust. Whatever is on the card is what you have. Can’t even save file to it via Xoom. Rome wasn’t built in a day.

• another xoom owner says

I also received the update with SD card support. I also had a hard time finding where the card was in file explorer. Apparently it has the name of external1 under the /mnt folder. When I plug it into my computer, everything shows up normally between internal storage and SD card folders instead of drives. The other thing I noticed was that all my media on the SD card is automatically filtering into gallery, music player, etc. So that part seems to be working as designed. The bad part of that is that I noticed that I have had many issues loading video located on the SD card whereas on my Thunderbolt–no issues. Agreed on Rome.

• another xoom owner says

13. Ilaydying767 says

I got 3.2 and it was great. Then I got that random “bug fix” update and my xoom is now way more buggy than its ever been.

14. Sharad Kumar Verma says

Hey guys,
    I live in london and I got my update yesterday.

Update details :
    Update is ok.
    There is considerable amount of increase in performance and some minor bug fixes.

New Features :
    1. MotoPrint App comes with the update bundle. It allows to get the print of your documents, images, pdfs, contacts etc. directly from your Zoom on to your wifi network printer.
    2. Citrix App is also got installed. Truly speaking not interested in that app.

Problem :
    I don’t know that this problem is in only my Zoom or on all the Zoom with 3.2 Version. Problem is my Bluetooth stereo headset is not working at all with the Music App of motorola. Bluetooth stereo headset connects successfully with the Zoom, all the sounds of click, touch, notification are coming on the Headset. But only when I try to listen any song using the Music App of the Zoom, sound does not come in headset, instead it comes from zoom speakers.

Bootloader is also updated.

If some has done the update then please let me know the status of Bluetooth headset issue.
    Also, did not check the SD Card support, as 32Gig is sufficient for me :)

Cheers
    Sharad

15. motorola droid says

Got the update this morning Xoom WiFi. Everything seems smooth and zippy. No crashes so far. SD card reading works like a charm. Was hoping for some updates to VPN support, but no joy there.