Verizon’s Latest Commercials Are Painfully Bad

Verizon is rapidly expanding its 4G LTE network here in the United States and with that expansion comes marketing. Unfortunately, unlike the awesome Droid commercials that Big Red has run in the past, the commercials for it’s 4G LTE network are painfully bad. The latest is a prime example. Instead of explosions and cyborgs and awesomeness, we have two couples, a dunk tank, a Danny Bonaduce type character, and a commercial devoid of a punchline. Consider this a plea to Verizon on behalf of the staff at GBM to bring back the explosions and robots and awesomeness in place of what’s going on here. You can’t tell me you’d rather watch this over 4G LTE robots smashing 3G AT&T branded ones.

Also, we realize that HSPA+ is slower than LTE. We get it. Do the same dunk contest when AT&T launches its 4G LTE network and maybe the commercial would make sense.

Verizon’s other latest is a masterpiece in recycled trash. You may recall the dorky commercial that Verizon aired just a little while ago that featured a curly haired gentlemen that sort of resembles a young me. This is just a rehash of that and shows no ingenuity whatsoever at a time when great marketing is absolutely necessary with how crowded the smartphone market is. And that’s not even the worst part about the commercial. No, the worst part is that Verizon seems to think its unwise to market the PlayStation aspect of the Xperia Play. Instead, the commercial touts the predictable Android Market app numbers.

All I am saying is that if I saw these on TV, I wouldn’t want to buy what’s being sold and I thought that that was the point of commercials. Do something about this, Verizon. Pronto.

Comments

1. E S says

I really wish they would take the $0.99 off their products. Sell for $99, $199, $100, $200 or whatever and not $99.99, $199.99.

2. Rose Marin says

3. Artgard22 says

your comercial with the mother and daughter crying because they won’t be together is pathetic!!!!
    You make women look like sobbing wimps…like we have no backbone…separation anxiety , stupid!!!! I wouldn’t buy one of your products…get over it. Mrs. Allard

4. MumzieX12 says

The crying blonds, mom and daughter!  EEK!!!  I change the station everytime… dumb dumb dumb… Negative message,  mom should be jumping for joy, cry baby daughter is moving out!

5. Stephanie says

I love the commercial with the women and daughter crying. Its exactly like my boyfriend and his mom. When we move further than 5 miles away

6. robert scott says

you verizon tv commercial with the sniveling mother and daughter is the most annoying ad on tv. Get rid of it… and fire the ad agency… please!!

7. Geneva Turner says

Your recent commercial advertising a Motorola product featuring 2 grown women sobbing & crying acting like 2 yr. olds is Pathetic and so Degrading to the adult female – it is NAUSEATING – Don’t know what you are trying to sell but – your Add TURNS ME OFF!

8. Florence Lane says

That sobbing commercial between mother and daughter is the worst commercial I have ever seen. I literaly change the channel when it comes on. I have a verizon phone.