HTC Holiday Gets Closer to Launch on AT&T’s 4G LTE Network

HTC has announced a device called the HTC Raider today, a device that will be heading to South Korea’s 4G LTE network. It has Android Gingerbread, a 4.5-inch qHD IPS, display, 1GB of RAM, a 1.3MP front and 8MP rear facing camera, 1GB of RAM, a 1620 mAh battery, and a a 1.5 GHz dual-core processor. Exciting for those that live in Korea, but that’s not the real story here.

The real story is that the HTC Raider looks exactly like the HTC Holiday, a device that has been pegged as one of, if not the first, AT&T’s 4G LTE devices. As you can see, it’s pretty safe to assume that these devices are one in the same.

HTC Raider

HTC Raider

It is, however, not safe to assume that the specifications on the Raider are the same as they are on the Holiday. But we’d be pretty shocked if anything on AT&T’s model turned out to be drastically different.

HTC Holiday

HTC Holiday

The announcement of the HTC Raider also means that an announcement on AT&T has gotten a tad bit closer and we hopefully will see Ma Bell make the Holiday – or whatever it’s going to be called – official in the near term.

Any takers?

Via: Android Community

Comments

1. Danielle Arredondo says

I am waiting and waiting on this phone. I prefer sense over any other skin. I will just have to hold out an be patient. Maybe have friends tie me up so I don’t buy the GSII

2. PBCliberal says

I’ve been agonizing over which platform to jump to when I ditch my iPhone (the day I can remove iTunes from my computer will be a great one). Want a big screen, and like what I see in android tablets, and the way I stress smartphones, I need a duocore processor. Plus, AT&T is the best carrier for our company. So I am anxiously awaiting this one and will buy it the day it is released.

3. PBCliberal says

4. MrXIII says

I really, REALLY want this phone. I can upgrade anytime, but I am holding out for this phone. Hopefully it’ll get to the US soon!

5. Alwaysbmw says

I Google htc holiday release date news almost daily. I ebayed my iPhone 4 and upgraded to the SGS2. (It rocks by the way) but after using an HTC inspire for a month I definately prefer HTC sense and want the bigger screen. The day it comes out my sgs2 will be on eBay.

Apple s@#ks. 4 iPhones, made us wait an extra 4 months for a refresh. I feel bad Steve Jobs is dead but Apple is dead to me. Unless the iPhone 5 is sick of course…lol

6. Lontay says

I have been waiting for this phone ever since my husband got the LG Thrill (Great phone by the way).