iPhone Hotspot Disappear After Upgrade? Here’s How To Quickly Fix

If you have paid for and set up the iPhone to be a wireless hotspot in the past, you might have been left wondering where your iPhone setting for creating it went when you upgraded to iOS 5 or got a new iPhone.

(Read: iPhone 4S Review)

And you’re not alone.Many people were frustrated and bewildered, including me, when we updated to find this feature that we were paying for absent from the new, shiny iOS.

Fortunately getting it back is pretty easy thanks to a tip from the guys at Tipb.com.

How to Fix Missing iPhone 4S Hotspot Settings

Just go into your Settings.

Go to General.

Scroll all the way down to Reset.

Choose Reset Network Settings.

Your phone will go ahead and shut down. When it starts back up, head over to Settings. You should see the hotspot setting back up and running.

If this doesn’t fix your problem, you may need to backup and do a full restore, but this is worth trying before you go down the long restore path.

Comments

1. DJ Igraczech says

I just stumbled upon your article as my issue has resolved itself silently (4S/5.0) and I’m trying to find out how is that possible. I haven’t done anything you’ve mentioned to fix that.

2. Barmac1974 says

This is the matter of battery usage and not a software problem. The function simply disapears when the battery level drops or the phone is not connected through the power cord

3. Wolfhm says

its really frustrating just got the new iPhone 4S and my most useful item was the hotspot, its gone.
    it has nothing to do with the battery as it is full. I reset my network setting, reset the whole thing, and NOTHING

4. Omarshahzad says

You can get the hotspot on the iphone 4s, they have moved
    the hotspot setting into the network settings, and all you have to do is: in
    settings go in to general then in network and select personal hotspot and turn
    it on.

5. Magicart says

Guys, I’ve just found out that this f…g option is not visible until you enter Personal Hotspot Credentials in Settings -> General -> Network -> Cellular Data Network
    under “Internet Tethering section”

If only you fill in the APN, Username, Password for the section, this option becomes available again!

Hope this helps.

6. Pingitan says

It’s worked, appeared for a second and gone again.. It’s better to leave U my 4S..

7. chris says

Hi the settings with APN works fine. You don’t even have to provide the real ones. Just imagine the APN name for yourself and setup user and password. You have to restart your phone to apply the changes. Thanks a lot :)

8. Rhian says

that was really helpful- thanks! My hotspot just dissappearred half way through when I was using it!

9. Erik says

Don’t listen to all the rest , hotspot is on settings / general / cellular / then turn personal hotspot on

10. Sahar says

As you said to rest the network on I did bt still hotspot is missing how can I bring it back and why it has gone

11. scar eye says

hi guys i did reset i ipohne 4s setting and then the personal hotspot disappeared i tried to to reset network setting but still don’t appear what can i do to get it back???

12. Ray says

All I did is went to general then cellular then turned on data roaming went back and I got hotspot back then went back and turned off data roaming and still had hot spot

• Neb says

for me the ‘general, reset’ didnt work but when i went to general, mobile data and set roaming to ‘on’ the hotspot reappeared. Iphone 4s running vers 6.1.1

13. david perry says