H1Siri Could Kill Your iPhone, Compromise Data

By now, you’ve probably heard of H1Siri, a hack that allows you to put Siri on your jailbroken iPhone 4.

This is exciting news for users who want access to the much-lauded personal assistant app found exclusively on the iPhone 4. But, like many things, this is too good to be true.

The H1Siri hack comes after Steven Troughton-Smith first ported Siri to the iPhone 4, but didn’t release it because it used files he could not distribute.

H1Siri comes by way of a Chinese hacking group, CD-Dev Team, and if you like your data and your iPhone, you should pay attention.

Right after the H1Siri hack was unveiled, commenters reported having issues with the installation, but download errors are the least of your concerns.

Siri iconIn order for H1Siri to work, it must connect to a server, in this case the CD-Dev Team server. This means that all of the phone data that Siri has access to is being shared with this server. That includes your contacts, calendar, texts, emails, location and more.

But wait, there’s more. There are reports that the H1Siri app can kill your iPhone 4. if you brick your iPhone 4 with the H1Siri hack, you could very easily forfeit your warranty, since you won’t be able to restore your iPhone to factory settings before taking it into Apple.

If your iPhone does survive the installation, you can look forward to other issues like settings malfunctioning and problems turning on.

While I use Siri on a daily basis, I wouldn’t take the chance with my data and my iPhone on this specific Siri hack. Perhaps when we have an iPhone 4S Jailbreak Troughton-Smith will be able to release a version that won’t kill your iPhone and compromise your data.

Via VentureBeat

Comments

1. :P says

True!
    I installed it and rebooted it. And Redsn0w had an error with it!
    Doesn’t recognize Iphone’s code or something :/
    So i tried restoring, had (3194)<-dont know why, (2009), (9) errors!!!

Spent all morning to get my iphone restored!!!!!

• Anonymous says

Sounds like u were trying to restore to 5.0. Too bad apple wont let u n not even able to through cydia. So guess your just stupid and gatta learn how to jailbreak a device before you start talking crap

2. Spencer Beacon says

Its more or less impossible to brick your phone. Put it in DFU and restore….. So stop being a big girl and give it a try. It works when the server is not overloaded.

3. Adam Pietrantonio says

This article is garbage; It is impossible to “brick” your iphone.

Although very true, we do not know if our information will be safe, but I don’t know if my information on this website is “safe”. Anyways, I had “h1siri” installed today, everything looked great, but siri couldn’t connect to the servers, no hard feelings. So i’ve uninstalled via Cydia, and my iphone is working as expected.

If anything happens during the install or uninstall process, you may have to restore your iphone. (NO BIG DEAL)

4. Jamesst20 says

Wth lol it is impossible to break an iDevice from User Interface 0o

H1Siri just worked fine for me WITHOUT ANY BUG ! Of course before CD-Dev’s server crash

5. Gmcmoz says

u sound like a b*tch. lol if it messes u our phones we will simply restore bro bro… f*ck outta here

• Anonymous says

Dude your phone is tethered, ill give you a second to google it….. Ready ok, see heres why your phone got stuck in apple loading screan. CAUSE WHEN THE INSTALL WAS FINISHED AND CYDIA REBOOTED YOUR PHONE YOU GATTA DFU N BOOT IT. I think im ganna pop a blood vessle with all these morons i see posting

6. Chadlee82 says

I have install it and work fine. But siri can’t connect to server. Anyone succes connect it to server?

• Anonymous says

Cant restore to 5.0. Gatta upgrade and restore to 5.1 than use the 5.0 for the jailbreak. Thats what 3194 means. And no the cydia website cant fake to 5.0 for you. Just 4.3 and down

• Wassim El Kadri says

If you had jailbroken your iPhone using the jailbreaking tools like redsn0w or sn0wbreeze, etc.. Then you can’t just easily restore your iPhone over Apple Servers or through a download firmware (IPSW).. The thing to do is as follows:
      1 – Download the latest version of TinUmbrella.
      2 – Open it (PC or MAC)
      3 – Go to “Advanced”
      4 – Uncheck “Set hosts to Cydia on Exit”
      5 – Close TinyUmbrella.
      6 – Restart your (PC or MAC)

You should now be able to restore your iPhone without any troubles.

I hope this will work for you. It did for me.

7. Randayanday says

i installed it on my iphone 4 and it went PERFECTLY! the only thing is that it cant connect to the server , having it on my iphone 4 is pretty cool just gotta see if it can connect

8. Rofl says

LOL. What a horseshit. You CANT brick your iPhone with a jailbreak tool/app or what so ever. Just put in DFU and restore..

9. Asdf says

“Is Siri an awesome tool? Yes. Is it worth breaking your iPhone 4 to get? Not for most users.”
     Ofcourse it worths it, maybe not this exact tool but if any better one comes out, it worths it as hell

10. Fadishaya says

It work for me and it was connected to the server and put Iphone 4s with my iphone 4 and we start making a comparison it was working so fine and fast but after 1 hours it is disconnected and again giving network failure.

11. Tim Yankee says

Did u properly reboot your device moron. I aint got no issues except waiting on the servers to be up n running. If your getting errors why dont u go to greenpOison n see how to get out of it. If your not smart enough to figure shit out without your mommy, dont do it. Oh btw it dont work on your first generation pos, iphone 4 only. N make sure u got a ios 5.0. +, seing that its a teathered jb still n your stupidity you dont. Maybe your from apple crapping your pants cause the only selling point of the 4s was hacked

• Spike2915 says

dide shut the fuck up your probaly living with UR MOMMY instead of being a fuking dick post somthing useful stfu or gtfo

12. Wassim El Kadri says

1 – Download the latest version of TinUmbrella.
    2 – Open it (PC or MAC)
    3 – Go to “Advanced”
    4 – Uncheck “Set hosts to Cydia on Exit”
    5 – Close TinyUmbrella.
    6 – Restart your (PC or MAC)

You should now be able to restore your iPhone without any troubles.

I hope this will work for you. It did for me.

13. k80d says

I jailbroke my phone and and added the URL to my Cydia sources but when I try to install H1Siri, it installs about halfway and then says it’s done with an error message.  I rebooted and tried again and it did the same thing.. any advice?

14. Arihantrox says

i dowmloaded h1siri on my iphone 4 and it asked to reboot and then stuck on apple  logo tried every thing but cant restore now what should i do?????? plz reply