Verizon’s 4G LTE Network Celebrates Its First Birthday
On December 5th, 2010, Verizon rolled out its 4G LTE network into 39 initial markets. They included metropolitan areas like San Francisco, New York City, Atlanta and they also included smaller places like West Lafayette, Indiana. At the start, Verizon’s network blanketed more than 110 million people across the United States in sweet 4G LTE data speeds.
That’s pretty impressive. It also means that AT&T and Sprint have some catching up to do.
Here are some of Verizon’s impressive 4G LTE stats:
- 200 million Americans covered with 4G LTE (as of Dec. 15)
- 190 Markets covered (as of Dec. 15)
- 16 Devices currently available, including eight smartphones
- Two hot new Xyboard DROID tablets from Motorola coming out this month
- One anxiously awaited GALAXY Nexus smartphone running Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, from Samsung, coming soon
Yes, you read those bottom two correctly.
So, kudos to Verizon and a happy birthday to its 4G LTE network.