The real iPhone 4S jailbreak has finally been released for the general public.
The new iPhone 4S jailbreak works on all A5 devices, which means it is also an iPad 2 jailbreak. Just as we showed you how to jailbreak your iPhone 4, we are giving you a step by step walkthrough to jailbreak the iPhone 4S.
This iPhone 4S jailbreak works on devices running iOS 5.0.1, and is untethered. This means you won’t lose functionality f you have to restart your iPhone while it isn’t connected to a computer.
This is the combined work of a dream team of iPhone hackers and represents a major accomplishment.
Keep in mind, jailbreaking voids your warranty and isn’t for everyone. In most cases, you can go right back to stock without any hassles if you need to get warranty service, but we are not responsible for damage you do while jailbreaking.
How to Jailbreak the iPhone 4S
Before You Start:
Before you jailbreak, make a backup of your iPhone 4S on your local computer by plugging in and allowing the device to backup. If you haven’t run a local backup, it may take some time, but it is worth having.
If you don’t have iOS 5.0.1 on your iPhone 4S, install it now. This will only take a few minutes, and you need it to jailbreak.
If you have an iPhone 4, follow this guide to jailbreak the iPhone 4 on iOS 5.0.1.
The process will take about 30 minutes, so make sure you have that much time before you start. Do not remove your phone while the jailbreak is in process.
1. Download Absinthe Jailbreak tool.
2. Plug in Your iPhone 4S.
3. Open Absinthe and choose “Jailbreak.
4. Absinthe will connect to your device.
5. Wait for it to perform a Restore.
6. Your Device will reboot. Don’t touch it.
7. The tool will send payload data to your iPhone 4S.
8. The tool will say that the jailbreak has completed and ask you to tap on the jailbreak icon on your iPhone 4S. The icon actually says Absinthe, and may be on a different home screen. See the image below.
– If you cannot connect, go into Settings -> VPN toggle on. Even if it fails, your iPhone should restart.
9. Your iPhone should restart and be jailbroken. Tap on Cydia to complete the process.
How To Jailbreak the iPhone 4S Video Guide
If you prefer a video guide, check out the following video that will show you how to jailbreak your iPhone 4S with Absinthe.
That’s all you have to do to jailbreak the iPhone 4S. Now that you have the freedom to install any app you want on your iPhone, check out my favorite 18 iPhone 4S Jailbreak apps.