Cheat Codes Do Work in Grand Theft Auto III for Android and iOS

Who else out there is completely hooked on the Grand Theft Auto III 10th anniversary edition? I am, I’ll admit. The only thing missing from my gameplay experience has been cheat codes.

Rockstar Games tried to dash my hopes last month when they said that the iOS/Android mobile version of the game doesn’t support cheat codes (along with custom mods, soundtracks, or mapping to external controllers). Boo hiss. Turns out that’s not quite true.

The mobile version of the game is a port from the PC version, and includes the same files and folders. When gamers discovered this they were able to apply mods created for the PC version to Android easily.

GTA III Cheat Codes

Knowing this, I wondered if the cheat codes were the same as well. Turns out yes. Members of GTA Forums discovered that most of the PC codes work on the Android version. You just need a keyboard to enter them.

I fired up my Logitech Bluetooth keyboard and gave it a try. I was able to apply cheats either while in the live game or in the menu screen by typing them in, just like on the PC. Huzzah!

Sometimes you’ll see “Cheat Activated” in the upper left comer or hear a sound that indicates success, sometimes you won’t.

If you don’t have an external keyboard you can still get in on this. On Android phones you can bring up the keyboard by pressing and holding the Menu button.

If you don’t have this button (oh ICS…) or are using an Android tablet, download GameKeyboard. It offers a lot of nice extras for mobile gamers, including a virtual DPAD, mapping, and more.

Unfortunately, there isn’t a similar utility for iOS that I’ve found. For that you may need to go the external route.

Another sadness is that not all of the cheat codes work. Most do, but for whatever reason some just won’t activate or don’t do what they’re supposed to. Here’s a list of the cheat codes pulled from CheatCC. I bolded the ones I know work and made red the ones that I know don’t:

• All weapons: gunsgunsguns (enter multiple times for more ammunition)
  • Extra money: ifiwerearichman
  • Full health: gesundheit
  • Higher wanted level: morepoliceplease
  • Lower wanted level: nopoliceplease
  • *Tank (Rhino): giveusatank – For whatever reason, this does not spawn a tank, just a random car.
  • Destroy all cars: bangbangbang
  • Change costume: ilikedressingup
  • Crazy pedestrians: itsallgoingmaaad
  • All pedestrians attack you: nobodylikesme
  • Pedestrians fight each other: weaponsforall
  • Time advances quicker: timeflieswhenyou
  • Very fast game clock: madweather
  • Faster game play: boooooring
  • 100% armor: turtoise
  • Clear weather: skincancerforme
  • Cloudy weather: ilikescotland
  • Rainy weather: ilovescotland
  • Foggy weather: peasoup
  • Invisible cars; wheels only: anicesetofwheels
  • Flying car: chittychittybb
  • Improved car handling: cornerslikemad
  • Gore mode: nastylimbscheat

Let me know which cheat codes you got working in the comments.

Comments

1. Jw06s says

Will this work on iPad 2′s that are jailbroken and if I have an external Bluetooth keyboard?

2. gtaplaya3 says

heyy thanks for the upload the only cheat im having truble with is the gore mode cheat. its not working for me for some reason :\ anyways get back with me when u have a chance thnx ;)

3. Justin Williams says

100% Armor – “tortoise”
    Works perfect. The original “turtoise” doesn’t, lol.

4. Jake says

I can’t seem to get my keyboard to come up in the menu Im on a Motorola electrify any ideas?

5. Brad says

Honestly, is there no way to enter in these on iOS? “External route” is pretty vauge could Somebody please help me on this? My iDevice is jailbroken if that matters (and I have iFile)

6. Neo says

I have a galaxy s3 and it is compatible with a ps3 controller by using a usb to go cord. I it works perfectly no need to root my phone nor mess with the control settings the controls are the exact same as the ps2 version. I was bummed to find out that this is the pc version of the game so the ps2 codes won’t work. Does anyone know if you use the game keyboard to enter the codes would you still be able to use the ps3 controller immediately after?

• neo says

update so i bought rhe gamekeyboard and used it simultaneously. With the ps3 controller it was some what a success. I I was able to use both at the same time however the cheat codes wouldn’t work. I solution? I it was an easy fix simply pause the game disconnect the ps3 controller pull up the keyboard type in the codes u want plug back the controller and resume the game. The codes that you entered will be activated. I note you don’t have to go into the pause menus to do this but it is easier to enter the no police code when the cops aren’t shooting at you. Hope this helps those of you who have a galaxy s3 that’s not rooted

7. Kanin says

It seems that if you keep entering the tank code you can get to the tank eventually. There’s actually an order of which the cars go. Here’s the list: 1. Landstalker (SUV)
    2. Idaho (Large Sedan)
    3. Stinger (Sportster)
    4. Linerunner (Big Wheel Truck)
    5. Perennial (Wagon)
    6. Sentinel (Sedan)
    7. Hummer (SUV)
    8. Fire Engine
    9. Dump Truck
    10. Limo
    11. Manana (Compact Car)
    12. Infernus (Sports Car)
    13. Blista (Mini Van)
    14. Pony (Van)
    15. Mule (Cargo Truck)
    16. Ambulance
    17. FBI Car
    18. Moonbeam (Big Van)
    19. Esparanto (Large Sedan)
    20. Taxi
    21. Kuruma (sedan)
    22. Bobcat (truck)
    23. Ice Cream Truck
    24. BF Injection (Dune Buggy)
    25. Manana Bloody
    34. Taxi
    35. Stallion (sedan)
    36. Rumpo (van)
    37. Mini Banshee ?
    38. Truck Fish Cargo
    39. Cargo Truck
    40. Mafia Sentinel (sedan)
    41. Yardie Lobo (Large sedan)
    42. Yakuza Stinger (sportster)
    43. Diablo Stallion (sedan)
    44. Cartel Cruiser (SUV)
    45. Van
    46. Van Pan Lantic
    47. Personnel Truck
    48. Cargo Truck “Bitchin”
    49. Taxi
    50. Van “Toyz in the Hood”

• Les says

Yeah, it doesn’t fly exactly, but it’s way lighter than before. Especially the police cars.

8. d says

How do you enter code on android phone cause I can’t get my keyboard to come up during game play. Can anyone help. Thanks

• Cody says

Go to http://www.4shared.com

Download game keyboard apk or download it in play store but it cost money if you get it there

Then go to your downloads and install it

Then you can hit the home screen button (which pauses your game) and open the game keyboard app then the bottom button on the lost is your keyboard, click it and it will go back to your home screen and a keyboard will appear, then go back to the game and the keyboard will still be there and you can type in your cheats

• Les says

Or you can link the keyboard tothe volume up button. Just remember to push tje volume down button afterwards, so that you don’t increase your volume to the max eventually… :-)

9. maheshhari says

Brilliant guide you’ve given here, I really appreciate your work.

I have a question though, after installing Game Keyboard on my Galaxy S2, I can’t get the QWERTY keypad to pop-up while playing the game to type cheat codes.

Holding down the Menu button doesn’t work either. How can I get the QWERTY keypad to pop-up while playing the game so I can type in cheat codes? Could you suggest me an app that does the job?

Thanks,
    Mahesh

• Les says

Download game keyboard. Set it up as you want it(it has its own setting in the keyboard settings menu in android) and link the popup keyboard to the volume up button. Just remember to hit the volume down button after pushing the vol up button, cause it does also increase the volume.

10. arhh1996 says

how to get the cheats to work on ipad 2 w/external keyboard….does my ipad have to be jailbroken???

11. Sheraz Qadir says

i don,t find gta 3 keyboard for samsung glaxy s3….. if anyone have download information about gta 3 andriod keyboard….
    then please tell me about this….

• harun says

i also dont know how to stop the cheat.exmple chaos situation.people fighting with each other.

12. iosuser says

so no one answers any of the ios related question -_- so how do u get the cheats working on ios gta3??? as said before ‘external route’ is VERY vague, im sure ios users (like me) would love to hear what u mean by that…..
    p.s. cool guide :P

13. Bill says

Nobody helps people with the iOS device issues, It didn’t work for me… Is nobody answering because it can’t work?

14. Nabil says

none of the cheats work for me on the Ipad mini (new kensington bluetooth keyboard) please help meeeeh

15. Rednacht says

NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR IOS. That’s why. Look at the update for iOS. XD apple doesn’t care either. She addressed iOS. You people arr the reason for STUPID SIGNS on everything with BRIGHT colors. SHE ALREADY SAID WHAT SHE KNOWS. I bet sll of you write multiple times to the same support center about the SAME issue. ANDROID or BUST.