How to Secure Your iPad With a Complex Passcode
If you own an iPad or an iPad 2, especially one that utilizes 3G data, you probably take it out of the house. Maybe it’s your companion on your daily basis or maybe you bring it to the beach once a week to take in the sun and a good book. Whatever the case my be, bringing it out in the world at large can present problems. One of those problems is the possibility of it getting stolen and your data on board becoming compromised.
But you knew that.
To prevent your data from being used for nefarious purposes, many of you probably employ a numerical password. You know, the one that pops up on the lockscreen once the device is powered on or brought out of slumber.
Thing is, a numerical passcode isn’t exactly the pinnacle of security. In fact, it’s not even the best method of securing your iPad from within your iOS Settings.
For those of you that take your iPad out of the house on a regular basis, you’re probably going to want to employ a more complex passcode and lucky for you, it’s an easy process and one that can be done directly from within iOS itself.
So, grab your iPad and let’s get started.
1) Head to Settings and select General.
2) Scroll down and select Passcode Lock.
3) If Passcode Lock is currently toggled to to On, you’ll have to enter your numerical passcode. Go ahead and do that now.
4) Next, switch Simple Passcode to Off.
5) If you had a numerical password, you’ll have to enter it again.
6) You will then be taken to a new screen where you’ll want to Enter passcode. You can use the entire keyboard at will. I like using a combination of numbers, letters and symbols.
7) You’re done. It’s that easy. You now have a more secure passcode for your iPad or iPad 2 which will likely be enough to keep out most thieves.
If you also own an iPhone, you’ll want to check out our How to Secure Your iPhone With a Complex Passcode.