How to Unlock Jailbroken iPhones, Including iPhone 4S (Video)

iPhone 4S owners with a jailbroken iPhone can now unlock the iPhone 4S at home using Sam Bingner’s SAM package on their own.

The SAM (Subscriber Artificial Module) package allows user to unlock a jailbroken iPhone 4S to work on T-Mobile or another carrier’s GSM network.

The iPhone unlock tool works on all jailbroken iPhones running iOS 5 and higher.

iDownloadBlog confirms that this iPhone 4S unlock tool works, along with MuscleNerd of the iPhone Dev Team.

Read: iOS 5.1 Jailbreak Status

Check out the step by step how to unlock a jailbroken iPhone video tutorial below.

iPhone 4S Unlock

iPhone 4S Unlock Tool

The iDownload team is now able to switch back and forth between SIM cards to switch carriers at will, without the need to configure any additional settings. This is helpful for users who want to use AT&T in the U.S. and another carrier while traveling.

The new iPhone 4S unlock tool only works on jailbroken iPhones, which means it will not work on an iPhone 4S running iOS 5.1. Users with a jailbroken iPhone 4S or iPhone 3GS, can use this tool with the current iOS 5.1 jailbreak, but it is only a tethered jailbreak.

Read: How To Jailbreak iOS 5.1 on iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS

The iPhone unlock process isn’t a one tap deal, but most users can follow the 9-step iPhone unlock process. Users should save their Activation tickets in the event users need them.

Before undertaking the iPhone unlock, be warned hat some users cannot activate their iPhoen after performing some of the unlock steps.

Though unconfirmed, the unlock is unlikely to work on Sprint or Verizon iPhones.

Comments

1. Simone says

Hi! I’ve got an iPhone 4S and I’ve just jailbroken it but I’m still trying to find a way to unlock it! Is this method still valid?

2. Samyboy says

Hello!

I try it to do, but isn’t work:( What have I do it wrong????? :(:(:(:(:(I do every thing step by step but in the end isn’t active the phone. May be my country is the problem? I live in Hungary.
    thanks if you answer

3. joshua says

Does this let you text sms and send mms as well? because i heard that it can sometimes mess up the phone if ur unlocking it with a jailbreak?

4. Jordan says

hello there, I done all these steps but itunes says “the SIM card inserted in this iphone does not appear to be supported. only compatible sim cards from supported carrier may be used to activate iphone. Please insert the sim card that came with your iphone or visit a supported Carrier’s store to receive a replacement sim card.” what can I do to activate?>,,<

5. jerry says

how to unclock iphone?
    Dear All Its no matter if your Phone is became Locked. its very easy to unlock your iphones. i have face this problem since one month but i done unlocked my iphone in 20 mints.

• Lucas says

Hi Jerry,

Do you know anything about unlocking an iphone 4s from at&t to use in Spain on Orange network? I have already jailbroken it through Absinthe2.0 but when I go to select a carrier as in the tutorial with the orange SIM, Orange™ is not available to select as a carrier. Help!?! Thank you!

6. yoz says

hi there, does this SAM thing still work? i tried to unlocked my iphone 4s from 3 using SAM, it’s been showing Activation Please Wait…. this may take while for 2days.. what do i do?? pls HELP