Instattoo – World’s First Tattoo Generator App
Custom Tattoo creation, there’s and app for that now.
Today, Amidio Inc released Instattoo for iOS, the world’s first tattoo generator. Now you can use your iPhone or iPad to generate random, unique designs that can be printed and transferred to tattoo thermal transfer paper and turned into your own custom tat. This app doesn’t allow you to draw the tattoo, it lets you choose one of 12 built-in styles and let it randomly generate the tattoo using a unique algorithm to ensure that it’s unique. After the tattoo is generated, you can move it around to modify the design. The styles range from tribal to floral patterns.
We consider this a real breakthrough in the tattoo industry and just a really cool entertainment / design app for the creative people.
The app employs an advanced algorithm to generate the designs on a random basis (no predefined pictures are used) and makes it possible to further manipulate them in a kaleidoscope-like manner with a simple swipe gesture. Thanks to the ability to change design sizes, modes and styles, Instattoo can be used to create literally billions of fantastic tattoos.
Features at a glance:
- The FIRST Tattoo Generator in the WORLD!
- ONE tap to generate a new UNIQUE tattoo
- Fully INTERACTIVE tattoo design process, NO DRAWING
- Easy controls: swipe to discover new shapes, pinch to zoom
- 12 built-in tattoo styles, male/female/unisex
- 5 tattoo sizes from S to XXL
- 5 tattoo generation modes
- “Revert to previous design” feature
- Share via Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, Instagram, email
- Print via AirPrint, broadcast to any external computer via Wi-Fi
- + Save Hi-Res picture to the Camera Roll
- + Save Hi-Res transparent .png to Application Folder
The concept is pretty cool but only if you like the styles offered. I am not a fan of tribal tattoos or random shapes/designs, I prefer realistic, contemporary style tattoos.
This app has given me an idea for tattoo studios. Instead of 1000′s of tattoo flash art on the walls and in books, transfer them to an iPad. When a customer walks in without an idea for their tattoo, let them choose from your design choices, allow access to your portfolio, and offer Instattoo all on one iPad. It would be an all in one idea book on the device.