60+ Google Now Voice Searches and Actions (Video)
Google Now is a new search tool for Google’s Android 4.1 operating system, delivering important information to users as they need it and allowing for a number of voice actions and searches.
The Google Now app is still in beta, so not every voice action works, but there’s no need to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on the Galaxy Nexus to see everything Google Now can do.
Jean-Louis Nguyen created several videos showing off nearly everything Google Now is capable of.
The most impressive results come from Knowledge Graph, which allows Google Now to speak back answers. In the tests Jean-Louis tests Google Now’s ability to distinguish between physical length and time length, auto correct for places much more.
- Set reminders
- Find and call local businesses
- Send a text message
- Play music
- Check the weather
- Look for local pizza places
- Directions by car and walking
- Find sports games and information
- Find time in another city
- Look up sunrise information
- Find the date of holidays
- Perform calculations including exchange rates and unit conversions
- What’s the answer to life the universe and everything
- Check flight information
- Check stock information
- Look up film and tv cast information
- much more.
Some activities which are not yet supported include device features, such as turning wifi off or turning silent mode on.
In the second roundup of Google Now actions we get to see random questions that show off Knowledge Graph and activities such as sending a note to self, with a voice message sent to Gmail.
Check out Google Now vs. Siri for more on the battle for personal device assistants.