Best Google Nexus 7 Cases & Covers

There are too many Google Nexus 7 cases and skins to count, with new models launching every week. Here’s a list of the best Nexus 7 cases we’ve found so far.

The build quality of the Nexus 7 impressed us in our Nexus 7 review, and we like the grip of the Nexus 7 back, but we still want to protect our Nexus 7 with a good case or cover.

Google’s Nexus 7 is one of the surprise successes of the year. Starting at just $199, it is 40% cheaper than Apple’s iPad mini.  As Google’s tablet continues to sell well, third-party manufacturers are introducing more accessories for the Nexus 7 than we’ve seen for any other Android tablet thus far.

Those looking for more than ‘just’ a Nexus 7 case should take a look at our list of best Nexus 7 keyboards.

Read: Best Nexus 7 Bluetooth Keyboards

If you’re looking for a Nexus 7 case or cover to protect the Nexus 7 and double duty as a stand for watching movies or typing, here are the best Nexus 7 cases available.

Updated: New Nexus 7 cases from Sena, Cruzerlite and more.

The Nexus 7 cases are designed to fit the Nexus 7 to keep a slim form factor, and many include a magnet to turn the Nexus 7 on or off when opened or closed.

These cases for the Nexus 7 will work with the original Nexus 7 as well as the new Nexus 7 WiFi + Mobile Data model that went on sale recently.

TreeGloo Nexus 7 Case

1 / 21
TreeGloo Nexus 7 Case

The TreeGloo Nexus 7 case is a sustainable wood and fabric case that looks a lot like a Moleskin notebook cover and many of the popular iPad book covers. The smaller size of the Nexus 7 makes this type of notebook case more attractive than on a 10 inch tablet. The TreeGloo Nexus 7 case includes many customization options for color, wood type and liners. I recommend adding the Kinetic Latch for $15. This option allows for the case to be used in a landscape mode for watching movies. Sadly it replaces the elastic latch. The case starts shipping July 30th.

Starting at $34.95 at TreeGloo

TreeGloo Nexus 7 Case Review

1 / 21

Which of these cases looks best to you? Or are you waiting for a specific case?

Comments

1. J says

Have you been able to use the i-Blason case yourself? If so, what are your thoughts on quality, button access, etc?

• Josh Smith says

I have not used it yet. Trying to get some different cases in for review, but most of these are based only on descriptions, or time with similar models for other devices.

• Dustin says

ive had several issues with trying to order the i blason case so i canceled my order…a few days ago the play store let me purchase the official case then the next day canceled our order and said it was no longer available… since having the nexus 7 on the pre order date(13) i have been unable to find anything to use…

• Seamus says

I think you should check out the Alano series on the http://www.portenzo.com website. Its an expensive case but I got mine yesterday and its friggin amazing and I know it will last. The outside is premium leather but you can get one that looks distressed like I did, The Tesoro. They gave me 5% off just for asking. I even got an email thanking me to for order from the owner (i think, his title is president). Scott

If you dont like theirs, check out germanmade and see if they are going to make this case. I dont see it on their website but I have their iPad case and it is top shelf.

2. erik jay says

Writer to writer, technoid to nerd, I say, “Well done, sir!” Made a buy decision with your help — the keyboard case. Yowza!

3. Michael Campbell says

This is *NOT* a smart case. And it cheapens the feel of the tablet somewhat. Still, it’s relatively inexpensive and protects the screen.

4. lolo says

I bought the i-blason case on Amazon and absolutely love it! Quality is great, feels very nice, it says it’s real leather and I do think it is, just not top quality leather….but you wouldn’t realize it, it’s a great case and fits the N7 perfect, nice and snug.

5. David S. says

I purchased the TreeGloo iPad 3 case and it looked ok for the money. I have only had it for about 5 months. In the second month one of the corners came apart (I didn’t drop it) and the rubber is starting to peal out off two sides. I glued the corner back together and that looks ok but the rubber will not stick back to the wood. The company does not list a phone # and they are not returning my emails. I’m not asking for a new case, just the rubber corner pieces that are coming out. Now Im buying a 7 and will be looking elsewhere and will spend an extra few bucks if I have to. Going cheap last time didnt work so well. Thanks for the GREAT review of all the other cases. Keep up the good work.

• David S. says

I forgot to ask if anyone LOVES the case they have gotten already for their 7. Suggestions appreciated before I pull the trigger.

• Jonathan Hearn says

Personally, I think the Nexus 7 works better without a case on it while I’m using it. I only need a case when I put it in my bag when going from place to place. If you’re in the same boat, then a pouch is the way to go, and much cheaper.

Personally I like the corduroy Trend Sleeve Case my company sells because it’s simple, keeps it safe from other objects in my bag, and isn’t a plain black leather case. And the price is great too.

If you’re interested, check out the product page here: http://cesupplystore.com/content/Nexus_7.htm

Video here:

• Florence A. says

The above post is a complete fabrication.

Their iPad 3 case wasn’t out until 3 months ago, so there is no way that you had one for 5 months. (I was on the pre-order mailing list). Also, their phone number is their on emails when you order and on their website.

I’ve had my TreeGloo iPad 3 case for 2 months and really love it. I had no idea they were making one for the Nexus 7 – thanks! I’m surprised there wasn’t a mailing list for it like with the iPad 3. Now I know what to get my daughter for her birthday. I hope this website does a review.

6. doro626 says

This is the only place I have seen, that mentions the M-edge puts the nexus -7 to sleep. I purchased this Kindle fire case for my tab SG tab 2 7.0 (whihc I traded in for the N7) and use it for the N7, but if the 4 pin connector side goes down in the case, it puts the tablet to sleep ( I htinks its the magnets, because sometiems if I lay it ontop of the open case, it still goes to sleep). The solution is to put it in the case “power button” side down, but this is inconvenient when turning the device on and off other times.

• Seamus says

No problem with the Alano from Portenzo. On and off work well either open all the way back or closed.

7. Bryce C says

Just got my ASUS Nexus 7 Case today –
    Not quite the quality I was expecting, kinda cheap and rubbery (I was expecting it to be a hard plastic). That said, it does appear to protect it (incl screen) and feel better taking it out and about.
    Also, I have no problems using the cover flap to prop it up.

8. robert says

Just want to thank the reviewer for leading me this way. I got my TreeGloo yesterday after some waiting and have to say it’s like a work of art. Completely worth the wait, the pictures in the review are very accurate.

9. db. says

I have the Poetic keyboard case. It’s OK, a little bulky, turns your pad into a net-top, sorta.
    I have to find a cover so it can just be itself.

10. Twinkle says

sir, i have a bulky keboard cover it wont fit to it
    i have to find the “Nexus 7 Keyboard Cover – Nexus 7 Bluetooth Keyboard Leatherette Folio Case from uPlay (White Label) $49.99″

11. Jerome Donovan says

I need a case that NFC works through. I control my NFC speaker using the nexus 7. I even tried cutting a hole in the back of a case with no luck. I know they make a case for the Samsung galaxy S3

12. Phil Paquette says

I have been using this case now for over a month (i-Blason) and love it. It does shut the screen when closed and the 3 angles in display mode is very useful. In portrait mode, there is only 1 position that works but remains slippery if you type.

13. Jim says

Can anyone tell me whether or not the HSPA Nexus 7 requires (or would benefit from) a specific case. The mythical Google case is advertised on the Google Play store as “WiFi only”. What do I need for the 3G/4G Nexus?

14. D says

Don’t try Treegloo they get an F from the Better Business Bureau. i ordered one for Christmas, It never came. they then promised it by first week of Jan, it never arrived. They generated a electronic tracking number for my case but according to the Postal Service they never delivered the package to them. Treegloo says they did. However when they checked with the postal service my package could not be found. My feeling is Treegloo was stalling because my case was not finished. I suppose to get a refund in 2-7 days, we will see.

15. Boil O'Goiter says

You omitted one of the nicest out there, the Moreve Nexus 7 case. I have not tried it in person but it is a high end case of premium materials that allows the Nexus to be docked in the official dock while still in the case. Check it out. It’s not cheap but it looks mahvelous :)

16. Josh Rich says

TREEGLOO Company:

Although there are many negative reviews and thoughts on Treegloo all over the internet I decided to give them a chance because of how they seem to be a great environmentally friendly company. I ordered a Nexus 7 case. I understood that these are handmade and will take a little extra time to be completed.

Upon ordering the case I never received a tracking or order number and only received a receipt for the $89.00 that I was spending. Some time went by without hearing anything from the company. I emailed to check on the status and only received a generic it will take time sometimes up to 21 business days. Never a word about my order specifically or even a question to make it seem as if they looked up my order.

Upon the eve of the 21st business day I sent an email to the company again trying to check the status of my order. And again I received a generic standard response saying it’s being worked on. At the end of that day I sent another email saying that I thought it fair to give them that day to get back to me before I discussed these issues online with the public. Magically a couple hours after that email i received a response saying it takes 24-48 hours to respond to emails, which was odd because this response was only hours after voicing my displeasure with the company. The response said because of my complaints they were cancelling my order and refunding my money. At this moment there money has not shown up in my bank account, so I am anxiously awaiting confirmation that this terrible company did in fact refund my money.

Handmade products take time to create, but customer service should be immediate. The way this company ignores its customers and the terrible way they respond to a complaint is reprehensible. I would never give this company a second chance nor would I ever allow any one I know or even a stranger to even consider doing business with this company. Again, I think their idea of helping the environment is fantastic but I wish that goal could be done by other companies. This must be why there are 29 active complaints on the BBB regarding Treegloo.

17. moko says

Have you tried Moko Slim fit for Nexus 7? its pretty good… and i think its one of the best out there. slick design, book style, good protection and authentic leather….

18. Steve says

Avoid Treegloo cases at all costs. I ordered mine in early January and now, having not received what I paid for almost 3 months later, am attempting to cancel the order and get a refund. I say “attempted” as Treegloo have chosen not respond to my emails. Funnily enough, when I posted critical comments on their Facebook page they were immediately deleted and I was blocked from adding more. I guess someone’s manning the phones but they’re certainly not interested in doing the right thing. Their cases look sweet but you will be ripped off – google “Treegloo reviews” and read what others have said about their experiences with these fraudsters and you’ll be in no doubt.

19. Dark says

Love my new Nexus 7, but my M Edge case is a different story.

When the Nexus 7 is put in the case as you’d think it should be (with access to the power button, which is hard to access) it doesn’t power down or sleep (not sure why). When using the stand, access to the menu at the bottom is hard to get to because of the thickness width of the leather..The real kicker for me is, not only is the back camera not accessible, the front camera is covered up too. I’ll probably end up returning it.

20. RTD says

“Vegan leather”? What happened to “faux leather” or “plastic” (which is made from oil…)