How to Fix Samsung Galaxy Nexus Android 4.1 Jelly Bean GPS Issues

It looks like some Samsung Galaxy Nexus owners who have received the upgrade to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean have been having issues with the device’s GPS. Fortunately, there is a quick fix that should take care of the issue and return functionality.

Owners of of the Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ have been having issues with the device’s GPS ever since the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update arrived earlier this month. Those seeing the problem are unable to get a fix on their location as the device continually searches for GPS.

Fortunately, there is a quick fix for the issues, first discovered by Android Central. The solution is extremely easy and once performed, the GPS issue should be resolved on the Galaxy Nexus.

The first thing owners will want to do is head to the device’s Settings. From there, tap on Location Services. Once in there, owners will want to uncheck and then re-check the Google location service option. It’s as easy as that.

The Galaxy Nexus GPS issues can be easily fixed.

Once that is done, the GPS issues that have been plaguing Galaxy Nexus owners since the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean roll out should be taken care of and the service should return back to normal.

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean started rolling out for the Galaxy Nexus HSPA+ earlier this month making it the first device not called the Nexus 7 to receive the highly anticipated update.

That roll out was followed by one for the Nexus S on various carriers and we expect the 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus update for both the Verizon Galaxy Nexus and Sprint Galaxy Nexus to follow as Google confirmed both devices as among the initial batch to see the new software.

Other devices, like the HTC One X, HTC One S and the Samsung Galaxy S III should be seeing the updates in the next couple of months, though, the devices on American carriers will likely face long waits.

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean will be bringing quite a few features along with it to Android owners including Google Now, re-sizable widgets, customizable Notifications, offline Voice dictation and more.

Comments

1. ComradeCase says

As usual, Sprint is way behind. Not expecting to see Jelly Bean for my Gnex until this time next year.

2. Surfer M says

Can anyone help me with my issue of ringtone!!!! I have samsubg nexus S ans upgraded it to jelly bean 4.1.1. Now my phone does not rings nor vibrates for an incoming call….
    Can anyone guide me with the issue.?

• ARBEE says

Check in settings. When I first flashed JellyBean, it defaulted all the ringtones and notifications to silent.

3. samuel says

my camera has refused to start since i upgraded to Jelly bean. it keeps telling me unfortunately, Gallery has stopped.

4. Debbie says

Ever since my Jellybean update on my Nexus I’ve had trouble getting into my phone’s gallery. For a while I could access all photos that had not been taken by my phone’s camera but now my gallery continues to crash each time I open it. So incredibly frustrating as I actively use my photos and edit. Does anyone have an idea about what to do?

5. luh says

Me too having the same problem with my camera and gallery. Please post solution for this. ;(

6. Yagnik BN says

Gallery stopped:
    Error can be coorected if prior to ROM install,
    Catch, Factory data, user data and Dalvic catch are wiped off.

7. Jasper says

Can anybody out there possibly explain Yagnik’s comment please? I am really p1ssed off with this at the moment. I didn’t ask to upgrade to Jelly Bean, my camera (the reason I bought this phone over the iPhone!!) no longer works because of the “gallery has stopped” error, I have tried all of the reset options on the forums – now it seems to be suggested that I have to mess about with the ROM settings & wipe my content. Seriously questioning Android right now. :-(