HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich Update Ready to Roll Out to Everyone

The HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich update has been approved by Verizon and the roll out to all HTC Rezound owners should arrive soon.

We have heard from several people who say that they have already received the update but it appears that the update might be in the midst of a soak test and not a massive roll out as we have also heard from HTC Rezound owners who haven’t yet seen the Ice Cream Sandwich update.

And now it would appear that the roll out to everyone is on the horizon as Verizon has posted the update’s details on its website, a sign that a roll out has been approved and is on the verge of rolling out.

Read: 5 Thoughts on the HTC Rezound Ice Cream Sandwich Update.

The update will bring the HTC Rezound owners Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, an update that owners have been waiting for since December of 2011.

rezound

The HTC Rezound ICS update is ready to roll out.

That means that Rezound owners will finally get a taste of the new ICS UI, Face Unlock, and more.

The entire update is massive, 299MB in size, which means that it will take awhile to download and install. It’ll take the phone up to Android 4.0.3, not Android 4.0.4 ICS, and it will take Sense to Sense 3.6.

Yesterday, it became clear that HTC and Verizon had missed the imposed deadline for the HTC Rezound. HTC had said it would roll out by the end of July and the company was unable to keep that promise. It still has not explained why though we assume it either had to do with bugs or the fact that a bunch of devices have been getting ICS.

Either way, the update is closer than ever and it should be rolling out in a matter of hours or days to everyone, not just those that are part of the initial batch.

Anyone see it yet?

Thanks Leo!

Comments

1. bpatrick says

I got it at 6 pm yesterday however, its a night and day difference in the update the droid razor received. Not a whole lot has changed. I don’t have any of the new features that came with other updates, namely face recognition and camera layout. You gotta wonder if this wasn’t an attempt by Verizon to hush the masses of customers waiting for the promised update? I’m personally dissatisfied with the update. Hopefully there is more to come? Soon?

2. Robert says

I have not seen it yet. I have done at least 3 manual checks(settings, software, check new). I’m mostly looking forward to the data connectivity bug fix. Tired of losing 4g signal.

3. jack says

I just restarted my rezound, and then manually checked for a software update, and it popped up right away. I’m so excited!

4. az says

Just got a notification for a 7.1MB download available, which will “prepare me for the ICS” ????

5. bigdaddyolr says

Hmm, mine found and is installing an update, but it is only 7.1mb. And it says it is only to prep for ICS.

6. az says

after the 7.1MB update installed, now my “check new” button won’t work. It’s like they don’t want us to manually check for updates. (that 7.1MB update might have caused this).

7. macaydix says

I just did the update.It does not seem like there has been any change. 1, setting 2. About phone 3. Software info still shows 2.01.605.12 which is gingerbread. But if i go to 1. Settings 2. Software update 3. Status shows 3.14.605.12 which is ics. I have rebooted my phone 3 times. And it looks like the old version

8. Kevin J. says

Ok I’m still waiting! Will you guys please tell me where you are in the USA? I’m in California and apparently we get everything last :( I’ve done the “check new ” and rebooted 100 times. Come on ICS!

• Vlad says

Hey.

I am in SF Bay Area, CA. I redownloaded the first 7.1 mb file and rebooted countless times throughout the day. Nothing happens after that. Wonder if I should relock the bootloader to get this update to work.

9. duhhhman says

I’m in NYC metro area. East coast.
    Got the update at 14:00.
    Set to wifi for the update. Dont use 4G.

10. Vlad says

Hello.

I am in San Francisco Bay Area, CA and have downloaded the first 7.1 mb file and rebooted multiple times, even pulled the battery and turned the phone back on. After the download, nothing else happens. Phone works fine. But I have unlocked bootloader and S-On. Wondering if I should relock in order for this to work. Any thoughts?

11. Josh says

I live in Georgia and got the 7mb update around 3:30pm. I Have restarted a few times but nothing. It is now 11:00pm and as I was reading other peoples comments the real ics update popped up. I went to go turn on my wifi and it disappeared haha. I’m pissed lol.

12. Tyler says

Phoenix, AZ here and I’m at 87% of the 299 meg dowload of ICS. I hope it doesn’t brick my phone!

13. Vlad says

Ended up having to relock the bootloader and downloading a 612-mb full image and copying it to a micro SD card and then flashing it onto the phone. But now running ICS and so far so good.

• Kevin J says

Will one of you lucky souls please upload a video to youtube showing off the new ui and say if ics is better? California, coalinga. Still waiting :( 3G service only

• Kevin J says

Ok so verizon said theyre not pushing the update ics. Said “Android ” is. Wtf?! Called htc they siad there is no “ice cream sandwich ” update. And had no idea ehat I was talking about! Who the hell hires these people.??? At least the lady at HTC said it goes by serial number and if i bought my phone in december, wouldn’t that make me get the update soon? Someone with a brain please help me!

14. reson8 says

It finished downloading just now, (took about 35 mins over my wi-fi connection) but how do i actually install it? Or does it do that automatically too behind the scenes? My version still says 2.3.4 … any help would be appreciated.

15. Carmita says

Ok so my son and I done the update..His phone now says it needs a SIM card to operate..Took forever for signal to come back. Phones will not pick up bluetooth..keeps saying “turning bluetooth on” …Google map makes the phones reboot..Verizons resolution to these problems?? We can send you a refurbished phone that does not have the ICS on it. WTH kind of solution is that?? Wish I NEVER downloaded it..We have the HTC Rezound

• kevin J says

All you guys having issues, try a master reset AFTER the update to 4.0. A few friends were having problems and I told them to master reset and boom. Fixed everything. So try that after the update. Then report back. PS. Still waiting for my ics update :(

• Kevin J. says

Everything should be synced to your google account and your verizon back up assistant. But it should fix the bugs. Try it at least. Just make sure u sync everything first. Then master reset

• Danny B. says

Restarting it solved the Bluetooth Problem for me. But the navigation is causing it to reboot and I haven’t called anyone about this yet. I am so upset to hear what you just wrote on what Verizon told you. That is totally unaccaptable answer and a pure scum answer pure scum.

16. Freddy says

Can I get my old system back??? :( I needed to get to a place in Folsom for my daughters soccer tournament and Nav or Google maps kept rebooting my phone so I had to ask for directions and got there late…. Can’t turn bluetooth in my car because it would not pair correctly so I can’t ;isten to the radio…. Not Good ppl