Droid Bionic Ice Cream Sandwich Update Leaks, Might Be Final Version

The Motorola Droid Bionic Ice Cream Sandwich update leaked out again and it appears that the update could very well be the final version that Verizon releases to the Droid Bionic owners who are still waiting for Ice Cream Sandwich to arrive.

According to a post on Android Forums, the Droid Bionic Ice Cream Sandwich update, and specifically build .244 leaked out a short time ago, and it would appear that the software was not pulled from a Quality Assurance server (read: testing server) but rather from a staging server which means that the software could be rolling out soon.

If it is indeed the final version, we could see a soak test for the update roll out to testers in just a couple of days. And if the soak test goes well, we could very well see the update roll out soon after.

Read: Motorola Droid Bionic Now a Year Old, Still Without Ice Cream Sandwich.

icsbio

The Droid Bionic ICS update has leaked again.

As our tipster points out, the .244 leak comes about a week after the .242 leak which means that unless Motorola and Verizon are able to squeeze another version in at the end, this is probably going to be the final version that rolls out. That is, unless Motorola and Verizon completely miss the Q3 deadline for the Droid Bionic’s update.

And that unfortunately is a possibility given that HTC, a Motorola competitor, completely missed the ICS release date windows for two Verizon devices including the HTC ThunderBolt and the Droid Incredible 2.

Read: Droid Bionic Ice Cream Sandwich Update Embarrasses Motorola Again.

Motorola has said that the Droid Bionic Ice Cream Sandwich update will be out in Q3 which leaves September as the only month left in the roll out window. The company originally had promised the update for ‘early Q3′ but it appears that the Droid RAZR and Droid RAZR MAXX ICS updates pushed it back.

At this point, this is as good as it’s going to get for Droid Bionic owners waiting for the update as Motorola and Verizon continue to remain silent about the software.

And while the software has leaked, we highly advise Droid Bionic owners to wait for the official Ice Cream Sandwich roll out as the leaked software could cause quite a few headaches for those not well-versed in the art of unofficial software.

Thanks, Jason!

Comments

1. bill says

doesnt matter. too late. bye bye verizon and moto. no trust what so ever. after almost 20 years of pagers and phone. both are history.

2. Noah says

I really hope it’s coming soon. I’d like to give this phone one more chance before I dump it for a Razr Max. Not that Motorola cares; they already have my money.

3. ɛℓιтɛ нαϰ0я says

Verizon and Motorola sabotaged the Droid Bionic with a faulty software upgrade in order to stop “grandfathered” unlimited wireless customers and have them break their contracts. Releasing ICS would mess with the bloatware Verizon wants on their smartphones, which is another reason they have taken so long to release it. I bet you anything they are adding some more in the final release. Someone needs to dissemble the source code (yes by theft) to their latest release and start a huge fucking lawsuit against Verizon and Motorola. As a Verizon customer for many years, I can assure you I will be ending my relation with both Verizon and Motorola indefinitely. You faggots disgust me.

• DTK says

Funny how mine still works perfectly?! You’re unintelligent and moronic statements disgust me.

• fuck this guy ^ says

“your” unintelligent and moronic statement disgusted me, because “you’re” full of shit. Or you haven’t updated “your” bionic to the faulty 905 update. Either way “you’re” a complete retard, and probably verizon/moto pr. Fuck you.

4. Mike says

My fiance got me the nexus 7 which has JB and it has to be the smoothest OS that exists. I highly recommend getting it. So when the ics comes to my droid it’ll be nothing so i gave you caring about it

5. Robert in Virginia says

I’ve had Verizon for 10 years the only way that I can get unlimited plan apparently is to move to sprint sorry Verizon you won’t be getting my 300 bucks a month anymore like the old stock market adage bulls and bears make money and pigs get slaughtered I’m sure I won’t be the only 1 and by the way your customer service sucks

6. Daniel says

I am registering a complaint about ICS/JB on behalf of two phones, my wife and myself. They made the unlock pattern very hard to see, and we had real trouble while we were traveling in Sunny Idaho. Prior to ICS, you could see the dots in glaring light. My wife almost had an accident trying to unlock while driving slowly… I know, I know, but are you saying you NEVER?

7. mhump54 says

What I find funny is, how some of us somehow feel like we are entitled to this update.
    I don’t know about you but when I purchased my Bionic I did so with only one expectation, that it worked. I had 30 days to make that determination. If it didn’t perform, I had the option to trade it in for another phone. If I didn’t take advantage of that, shame on me. If you didn’t, shame on you.
    Personally, I love my Bionic and will gladly wait (although impatiently) for it to come out. Unlike other billion dollar companies that charge you full price for an OS upgrade, I think Motorola is more then generous in offering an updated OS on a phone that hit it’s one year anniversary for free no matter how late it is.
    In short, anything that Motorola, Google or (whoever your service provider may be) is willing to give us without cost is an unexpected but welcome bonus.

• fuck this guy ^ says

The phones 4G data service and wifi are broken. Fuck your 30 day test it out bullshit. I paid and pay good money for a working phone. The first 6 months this phone worked amazingly. Then an update was released and caused continuous drops in 4G service and made even the fastest wifi slow as fuck. Them not fixing it right away is beyond ludacris and horrible customer service. You sound like your pr for Verizon or Motorola, fix our goddamn phone you fucking derps.. Release ICS like you said you would and stop fucking over your loyal longterm cusomers.

• No FUCK THIS GUY ^ says

Again funny how I’ve had no problems with mine and have had it since launch.

• GG33 says

Again, funny how you magically defy the odds and claim to not have a problem that EVERYONE else does. You must be one of those posers Verizon has placed out there trying to make the rest of the world believe these pieces actually work like they’re supposed to.

• Motorola sucks huge PENIS says

I also have the 4G and wifi problems as well as problems with the Uconnect Sync system in my truck. blue tooth is worth a shit. I have kicked and screamed long enough, I think its time for that fruit company

• joe shmoe says

Funny you say that. I saw the exact, and I mean word for word, post on another site. Just thought I’d expose you for the fraud you are.

• terry says

Verizon pr are all over the internet trying to spread propaganda that this isn’t a real issue when it obviously is. They are doing so by acting as customers. It’s actually kind of sad really. Just how pathetic can you be?

• J. Reid says

Mhump54′s story is not mine. After researching several phones and prices I chose the Bionic specifically because of Verizons promise it would receive the ICS upgrade in the near term. Purchase month was April 2012. Near term is now six months but that is immaterial if Verizon used the promise to generate a sale, which they did. That is just bad business. Regarding the Bionic – I enjoy the phone.

8. Keith says

My birthday is on the 20th and it would be a great present to wake up in the morning with the update waiting but I’m not going to hold my breathe.

9. motorola sucks says

I ended up having so many 4G loss connections that was making me mad. Only leaked version i could find 2 weeks ago is .223. I installed this version and have ZERO problems with 4G disconnect and all other apps work. My contarct is up next May, and Motorola can kiss my @ss as I’m going Iphone 5. Everyone I know that has any version of IPhone has had zero to little problems.

10. adam says

I emailed Motorola. Thought you guys might enjoy reading the response.

MY ORIGNAL EMAIL:When are we getting ICS for the Bionic? I know about your update forum. Stop referring people there. We want real answers. Now please. Thanks.

Subject
    ICS

Discussion Thread
    Via Email (Don) 09/17/2012 02:38 PM
    Dear Valued Customer,

Thanks for reaching out to Motorola. I’ve reviewed your e-mail and I’m ready to help.

I understand the frustration – I am here to provide you the best possible option for your concern. Let me share with you that although the warranty service eligibility for your device does not cover cracked or damaged touch screens, Motorola can repair your phone by sending it in to us plus a 100$ Display Only Repair Fee. If you decide on this option our technicians will ensure that you will receive your device back repaired in 5 business days from the time we have received your phone.

We hope that you find this information useful and we look forward to assisting you in the future.

For information about Motorola products and services, please visit us at http://www.motorola.com/

Thank you for contacting Motorola e-mail support.

Best Regards,

Don
    Customer By Web Form (Valued Customer) 09/17/2012 12:06 PM

[---001:001164:53518---]

11. RobertM says

The Bionic is an excellent phone and has worked fine for me for the last 9 months. ICS will be nice (I hope) but I’m glad other phones were launched first for debugging. My phone is fine and I’m not lacking anything so when it arrives it arrives.

iPhones are technology for the masses and sure not for me.

12. bill says

i have said it for a long time that motorola and verizon do not care about customer satisfaction. they tell us what they want and make no commitments.there will be a class action suit against both and i will gladly participate in it.this is a direct attack on their customers that have signed contracts for 2 years and many have not had the phone for even a year.frustrating is a mild word for what we feel.

13. RobertM says

I was just told by a senior technician at Motorola that the Droid Bionic Update to Ice Cream Sandwich has been put on hold. It will be determined in Q4 if the update will happen or if we will be eligible for the $100 discount on our next phone.

Yes, my current version works well, however I feel a bit deceived.