AT&T Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean Update Now Available

The AT&T Galaxy S3 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update has become available today and users are reporting that it’s available through Samsung Kies. It’s also available to flash for users of AT&T’s Galaxy S3.

Read: Verizon Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean Update Leaks as Release Date Nears.

According to users on XDA-Developers and Reddit, the AT&T Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update has finally made an official appearance today and apparently is available through Samsung’s Samsung Kies application. It’s unclear if the update is rolling out Over-the-Air as we haven’t seen any users report success through the device’s Settings. Those who are looking to update it through Samsung Kies are advised to update to the latest version of the software.

The firmware, which is version I747UCDLK3, is also available to download on Samsung-Updates for those that wish to get it that way.

P61900031-620x465

The AT&T Galaxy S3 Jelly Bean update has leaked.

The update is a big one which means that owners of the AT&T Galaxy S3 will want to set aside some time for the update to prepare itself for installation and then install and replace Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.

The software that is available is the Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean update which is an older version of Jelly Bean. And while Android 4.2 might be the latest version of Jelly Bean, Android 4.1.1 will still be a fantastic update nonetheless.

Android 4.1 Jelly Bean brings a number of improvements from Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich including a new Browser, a faster and smoother user interface, an improved Camera application, better widgets and much improved Notifications. It will also bring Google Now to the table as well.

AT&T becomes the third carrier to get Jelly Bean to its Galaxy S3 with U.S. Cellular and Verizon remaining as the major U.S. carriers who have yet to roll out the software to their uses. Neither carrier has released any specific release date or any time table for the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update’s arrival.

Thanks, Robert!

Comments

1. Bugsfan1 says

Would be nice to see Verizon roll out Jelly-bean to it’s customers. Why does Verizon have to be the VERY LAST carrier to get updates out to their customers??? Droid Maxx & Droid Razr along with the edition of the new Droid M have their updates already. I bought the Samsung Galaxy & they told me Jelly Bean would be rolled out for my phone by Dec. Well it’s Dec. & all you hear is just talk. The same thing that was said 2 months ago. Verizon is the BEST carrier. But they can’t get their updates rolled out in a timely fashion. And that’s the TRUTH!!!!!

• raydar07 says

Verizon and At&t are usually last because they have a much larger customer base, compared to Sprint and T-Mobile. I won’t be surprised if you saw a Verizon update by weekend. GL!

2. Pual Ritchie says

I updated my S3 with the Jellybean here in Australia last week and I would NOT Recommend it. There are quite a few bugs with it – wait until they fix the update before you install it. For example the screen comes on without reason, and stays on when it should be going off to save battery life, emails have to be manually synced, it sometimes freezes and overall is a lot slower than the Ice Cream Sandwich. Not happy at all with the update.

3. JewishMan says

Im on kies and see no update. Maybe the article is wrong. Anyone update their GS3′s for at&t?

4. austin says

Does anybody have instructions on how to do it do I.just use kies and type in the url thing it tells me or what I would like to know and what all needs downloaded also please help out

5. Andrew says

I do not recommend the update. Just tried it, and it has a serious problem. After the jelly bean update. Every single time I try to connect my phone to Kies, it crashes the whole darn program. DO NOT UPDATE! Such a disappointment.

• khakdoun says

Pardon my limited knowledge. I mean what do I do next for the unzipped files to take effect.

6. Pual Ritchie says

I tried to warn people NOT to update….wait until they fix the problems with it. DON’T BE IMPATIENT PEOPLE!

7. alex corona says

Why does this article have a picture of an HTC EVO 4g LTE I know that phone is the best but w.e

8. Nick says

It will not be available ota. Only through Kies. So anyone that’s rooted will have to download the rom and flash with Odin…

• lestatsghost says

this is only if you want to maintain root. Kies will update if you are rooted it just takes root away. I didn’t have any issues updating my S3 which was rooted but now it is not.

for those who download the zip file it should be like flashing a custom rom.

9. Chad says

At&t here. Do not update!! I updated and turned my phone into a paper weight. After the update i could only receive 2g service. I flashed and returned to stock ICS and problem remained. Know body at At&t could figure out the problem so, their sending me a new one.

10. Arezo says

I updated my phone(Galaxy s3). I keep getting notification for upgrade again and again and again! I only can postpone it but there is no way to cancel it. I upgrade the software more than 5 times and it still ask for upgrading!