How to Fix Galaxy Note 2 WiFi Problems in 5 Seconds

There’s a quick fix for many Galaxy Note 2 WiFi problems, such as slow or disconnecting WiFi and even not being able to connect to any WiFi networks.

If you suffer from slow or disconnecting WiFi speeds on the Galaxy Note 2 there’s no need to blow through your mobile data with 4G LTE. We suggest a three-step process to fix WiFi problems in seconds.

This three-part process can solve many Galaxy Note 2 WiFi issues, but it cure every problem. In addition to checking the settings on the Galaxy Note 2, it’s a good idea to restart your router if possible.

Galaxy Note 2 WiFi Problems

Galaxy Note 2 WiFi problems frustrate owners.

How to Fix Galaxy Note 2 WiFi Problems

If you haven’t already done so, restart the Galaxy Note 2. This alone won’t always fix slow or disconnecting WiFi, but it’s the right place to start.

After the reboot, turn WiFi off and back on. To do this, pull down the notification bar, Tap on the Settings Cog in the upper right, Tap the On next to WiFi to turn it off. Then repeat to turn it back on.

Fix Galaxy Note 2 WiFi Problems

Quick fix for Galaxy Note 2 WiFi Problems.

The next step is to make sure the Galaxy Note 2 is set to keep WiFi on during sleep. Many Note 2 owners will find that this setting is already on, but if it’s not it could be the cause of WiFi problems.

• Go back to the WiFi settings page and tap on Menu.
  • Tap on Advanced
  • Tap on Keep WiFi on during sleep.
  • Check Always.

Other Galaxy Note 2 WiFi fixes include switching from a 5Ghz WiFi network to a 2.4Ghz WiFi network. This solved our WiFi problems on another Galaxy smartphone.

The last-ditch solution to fix Galaxy Note 2 WiFi problems takes longer than five seconds, but it’s worth trying if the Note 2 will not connect to any WiFi networks. This is a factory reset. Unfortunately this means reinstalling all apps and setting up accounts so only do this after you’re sure you’ve backed up photos and information.

When ready, tap on Settings -> Back up and reset -> Factory data reset. From here confirm this is what you want to do, and wait for the process to complete.

Comments

1. Sherri says

Thank you soooo much. I just bought this device and was disappointed with the wifi cutting off. Went back to AT&T and they had no clue how to fix it. Wanted to give me a refurbished phone after I paid over $300 for this one two weeks ago…ARE YOU SERIOUS!! I appreciate you help!!!!

2. cvspartan92 says

also, if you are on at&t, disable the at&t wifi app that is installed on the phone. it interferes with the wifi connection and makes it toggle off while connected to a wifi router.

3. vibhu says

this part “On this same screen make sure Auto-connect is not checked. This is known to cause issues on the Galaxy S3.” did it for me on my Note 2

4. jeet says

Hi my note 2 connected with wifi it access all internet website
    Bt I can’t access youtube nd facebook

5. mdwy62 says

None of these options worked for a Sprint GSN2 with hotel WiFi that requires authentication through a website.

6. joel says

Now heres a question…I cant connect to my home or even some of my buddys house wifi…yet at s9me places like starbucks or even at the bell store. I have already done a reboot and factory reset, even a hard reset where I had to do a program reboot, and as a last resort sent it into Samsung. ..and all they did was reboot it and gave it a cleaning….still dosnt work.

Sent from my note 2 thats sucking up all my data

7. Ann Amann says

The same thing is happening to me… it worked fine for three months and now I am finding out many people are having the same problem. I don’t know why Samsung does not provide a solution…

8. laura says

Omggg!!!! I need help!!! My note 2s wifi is not working when I press on the wifi to turn on it just doesnt and sometimes it does for only seconds. I had this phone for about 3 months. Im very mad

9. CoffeeAndThoughts says

Try hitting it. Haha. That’s worked for about 3 months for me.. Now it’s being awful enough for me to hang out in forums though… =/

10. daniel says

I too have this problem with Note 2 not connecting to wifi,however I can get it to work using WEP security but not using WPA/WPA2 PSK security… I hope this can help some of you..

• Plus5Defense says

after looking and trying for 2 days this is the only thing that worked for me. thank you

11. Saud says

Wi-Fi problem is resolved for my galaxy note 2 when I did (forget network) and then connect again. connection is no more slow with smooth YouTube streaming.

12. Robert says

Say.. Sorry if I have missed your response but why haven’t you replied to the comment asking how we could do any of your recommendations in 5 second? Seems you were just trying to draw people into your article. Please have the decency to respond. Or is there nothing you can say in your defence..

13. alex says

Hi! My galaxy note2 doesn´t load facebook or instagram only on my home wi-fi, in other places with wi-fi works just fine… does anyone have the same problem??