Will Apple’s iWatch Replace Your iPhone? Rumors Say Yes.

8 responses

1. Theo Priestley
    02/11/2013
  2. Adam Daieh
    02/11/2013

I still prefer having a phone than a watch being substituted as a phone. Once the iphone is jailbroken, it can almost provide every users needs. I just jailbreak my phone to ios 6.1 using this http://jailbreakhome.com/untethered-jailbreak-for-ios-6-1-on-any-iphone-any-ipad-any-ipod

3. blaze
    02/11/2013

Late!…watch cell phones have been out for years. Nothing new but the name with a I.. In it to make it seem and sound fancy.

4. spookiewon
    03/01/2013

So would this make Woz retire his famous Nixie Watch?

5. Douglas Stuart Marker
    03/04/2013

I have an I’Mwatch and have ordered a Pebble watch. I will bet that there is *no* IWatch close to coming to market and for these pretty obvious reasons…
    1) The IMwatch is a joke even though it is smart (but it *is* chunky)
    2) The IMwatch need to be charged a min of each day. Is sluggish to use.
    3) The IMwatch suffers from the same problem an iwatch would – the screen can only remain on for a few seconds because it flattens the battery. So, I can’t see the time without having a free hand to press the on button. This annoys me so much that I just don’t wear the IMwatch any more. Until the screen makers can deliver a color screen that is ON ALL THE TIME, then any so called watch phone is just not going to cut it. At least the Pebble watch lasts a week but it uses eInk (like the kindle). The eInk inventors have a color screen but it looks very washed out.

The Imwatch needs an iPhone to tether through. That defeats the purpose of the watch ! – this makes it a gimmick device for the fanatical user. Combine this uselessness with the screen always turning off & you will see the market turn off once the gimmick nature of the device wears off.

Anyone who imagines the chunky images we have been seeing depicting a big square object on a watch band (i.e. like the iPod Nano 6th gen) just doesn’t understand design nor the market. That is so out of touch that when someone proposes it I know they are in another planet. Johhny Ives (Apple chief designer) would fire them on the spot.

The images showing a bracelet style device are on track* IF* they can solve the battery life & color screen not being on all the time issues. BUT, the iWatch is only realistic if it can do most if not all what an iPhone does today (without the need for the watch to tether).

So, the reality I see is that this is little more than a talk fest for filling in print space until a year or two when the technology may arrive that can actually deliver something elegant & useful.

Doug M (Senior Tech Architect)

6. johnny ives
    03/14/2013

word

7. SCOTT
    03/18/2013

I HAVE SEEN I\THE IWATCH ITS GOING REPLACE ALL CELL PHONES, BUT I WILL COST YOUR A PRETTY PENNY..

8. Suzanne Copher Hurst