Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Rumors Take a Twist

Thus far, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 has been rumored to either have a 6.3-inch display or a 5.9-inch display, with the latest rumors suggesting that Samsung will use its flexible, unbreakable display technology. However, if a new rumor is to be believed, at least one of those rumored screen sizes could be inaccurate.

Read: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with Flexible Display Rumored for September.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 was only released in the United States in October of last year but already, we’re hearing murmurs about its likely successor, the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Rumors have suggested that it will utilize Samsung’s two announcements at CES 2013: The Exynos 5 Octa octo-core processor and Samsung Yohm, which is Samsung’s flexible display technology.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 may or may not come with a larger display.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 may or may not come with a larger display.

We’ve also heard that the device may have a 5.9-inch display or a 6.3-inch display, up in size from the 5.5-inch Galaxy Note 2. The Galaxy Note 3′s rumored 6.3-inch display was seemingly even backed up by an accessory listing for the Samsung Galaxy S4 which noted support for a display size up to 6.3-inches. However, despite numerous reports, the 6.3-inch Galaxy Note 3 may not be the real deal and if a previous rumor holds up, a 5.9-inch Galaxy Note 3 may not arrive either.

Back in January, around the time of CES 2013, we heard a rumor about a 5.8-inch Galaxy Fonblet which would be coming with a 5.8-inch display, larger than the Galaxy Note 2′s. That rumor suggested that a device with model number GT-I9152 would be a 5.8-inch device called the Samsung Galaxy Fonblet.

Now, another Galaxy Fonblet rumor has emerged, courtesy of Blog of Mobile, who claims that Samsung has listed variants of the phablet on its website. The site believes that listings for a GT-I9205 and additional listings of GT-I9200, GT-I9208 and GT-I9205 are all for the Galaxy Fonblet. The devices in question have been categorized as tablets, not smartphones, it seems. Furthermore, the site suggests a device with a 6.3-inch display, just like the Galaxy Note 3 rumors suggest.

The Galaxy Note 3 is rumored to be coming this September.

The Galaxy Note 3 is rumored to be coming this September.

While certainly not confirmation, Blog of Mobile has been accurate with information in the past and listings on Samsung’s website are certainly for unreleased devices.

This new rumor could mean several different things:

• The Galaxy Fonblet is actually a 6.3-inch device, not a 5.8-inch device and the Galaxy Note 3 is indeed 5.9-inches.
  • The Galaxy Fonblet has two models, 5.8-inches and 6.3-inches and the Galaxy Note 3 is smaller, perhaps the same 5.5-inches.
  • The Galaxy Fonblet has two models, 5.8-inches and 6.3-inches and the 5.9-inch Galaxy Note 3 is dangerously close in size to the 5.8-inch Fonblet.
  • The Galaxy Fonblet is actually 5.8-inch device, not 6.3-inches, and the Galaxy Note 3 is 6.3-inches.
  • Both devices aren’t real and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 could have a 5.9-inch or 6.3-inch display.

Unfortunately, because we’re so far off from launch, these are all plausible at this point. The emergence of a possible 6.3-inch Fonblet certainly adds a new twist to the Galaxy Note 3 rumors however as Samsung obviously would not have different devices with the same size display competing against each other in the same markets.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is rumored for launch in September and it could be that we have to wait until then to find out what’s what.

Comments

1. Oscar says

I think 5.5inch is perfect for that type of phone I just want in the note 3 1080p, octa- core 2 or 3 of ram 4000 hAm batterie no more chip plastic and 7.0mm thin

• MarsG says

I think I would rather have plastic, because then we can get 3rd party flip covers, micro SD and removable battery’s. With aluminum we couldn’t get any of that. Look on amazon at the 3rd party cases for the note 2 that include materials such as leather, alligator skin, aluminum, carbon fiber and such. A lot more options with a plastic removable battery housing, and the front of these devices is glass.

• trob6969 says

The original Motorola Droid’s entire casing was made of metal yet it STILL had a swappable battery AND microSD slot…I’ll take polycarbonate over aluminum for a phone any day due to aluminum’s much higher tendency to dent and scratch.

2. no name says

Again with using the word rumored over and over to grab attention of search engines. Give me a break dude, write good content to draw in your audience. Have an original thought for once.

3. No One says

The latest rumor is that this site is rumored to only use keyword, such as rumored, to improve SEO. The rumor is this site writes no original content, and they are rumored to just typing the same keyword over and over again to get results. That’s the rumor.

Annoying, isn’t it?

4. TAUSMC says

I wouldn’t mind if the screen gotten bigger or even making the phone a little bigger. I think they might do what they did with the S3 to the S4. That is keep the same size phone but the screen bigger with a smaller bezel. I love my Galaxy Note 2. I just really hope Samsung can get this Flexible OLED screen to its phones soon. I have been waiting for that technology since I seen it back in 2011. Then you will never have to worry about your screen breaking.

I don’t care if they use plastic for their phones. Plastic is light, durable, easy to replace, it doesn’t fade, looks good and you don’t have to worry about it scratching as easily like other materials. If it is good enough for your cars and trucks, then why not your phone. Most people use phone cases anyways, so who cares on how the phone feels. The biggest complaint about the IPhones metal case was how easily it scratches and they were coming brand new all scratched up. Almost all people who own IPhones always have a huge case protecting it. What is the point of having a thin phone if you have to have a huge case protecting it? I don’t have a case on my Note 2 because I don’t need it. If you don’t like the plastic, then get another phone.

• Nelson Marquina says

I am with you as far as “if you don’t like plastic”, go for another phone. I would like to see the Note 3 to be much bigger than the Note 2. I have a Galaxy S3, but I am waiting for something really larger than what’s available. Also I am afraid that metal is easily scratchable.

5. Noel Behailu - Tech Enthusiast, Predictor and future blogger. says

I’m about to blow your mind. The Galaxy Fonblet is 6.3 inches, but it’s the foldable phone displayed at CES (Fone-Tablet…like the “Phone. Tablet.” displayed on the ad they used), with 6.3 inches when folded out. The Galaxy Note 2 will be 5.8 or 5.9 inches. Boom.

• Nelson Marquina says

If it’s going to be foldable, I don’t want to hear about it; I want a one-piece phone.

6. Thongam Kishorchand says

please stop any kind of ridiculous rumours. the fact of the matter, many people will not buy if Galaxy Note 3 is not coming with 6.3″ high definition display screen as Huawei ascend Mate is already 6.1″. Then it is real negative for Samsung since many people like me who are browsing most of the time either on the road or at the office for stock trading hours, are looking desperately for 6.3″ .

• Nelson Marquina says

So am I. I am really desperate for the Note 3 6.3″ so I can read and listen to my books while on the road. This way I won’t have to carry around my Nexus 7 tablet.

7. thongam kishorchand says

in smartphone section, people expect much bigger screen for easy touch feel with a lot of space in it. At the same time, it can be a good handset phone that’s what people like it. But what people expect from Samsung—- it should be high end and very fast and bigger screen smartphone otherwise many people will switch over to Huawei who is already producing high end smartphones and Huawei looks very promising in this category. People’s verdict — if you are excellent and competitive in your product line, then it is a matter of time that it will become top. have the spirit in that manner.