T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Available Now

The long-awaited T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean update is now available through Samsung Kies which means that owners of the aging Galaxy S2 smartphone can now finally make the upgrade from the lesser Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, Google’s aging version of Jelly Bean.

Read: Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Hits Another U.S. Carrier

Just a short time after Sprint became the first big name U.S. carrier to roll out its Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean update, and just after Virgin Mobile released its Android 4.1 update for the Galaxy S2. T-Mobile has released its Samsung Galaxy S2 Android 4.1 Jelly Bean upgrade which is now available through Samsung’s software, Samsung Kies. The update is evidently only available through Kies which means that users are going to need to download it and install the software through a PC.

The T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Android Jelly Bean update is now available.

The T-Mobile Galaxy S2 Android Jelly Bean update is now available.

This is because it’s a massive update, checking in at well over 700MB in size. That means that Galaxy S2 users on T-Mobile should be patient when installing the new software as it could take some time.

The software, once downloaded and installed, will replace the aging Ice Cream Sandwich operating system with a host of new functionality and features including all of the features of Android 4.1 Jelly Bean as well as Samsung’s Nature UX user interface.

What this means is that users are going to not only get access to features like Google Now, a new smoother interface, improved Calendar and Browser and better widgets, but it also means that the Galaxy S2 will now have access to such Samsung software features as Pop Up Video which is a fantastic feature for multitasking.

Read: Samsung Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean Update Breakdown.

T-Mobile becomes the latest U.S. carrier to deliver Android 4.1 to the Galaxy S2 leaving only a handful waiting for the update. AT&T, U.S. Cellular and Verizon are leading up the rear and none of them have announced specific release dates for their Galaxy S2 Jelly Bean updates.

Verizon typically is last due to extensive testing while U.S. Cellular, in this case, could be far behind as it was last in delivering the Galaxy S2 Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich update.

Comments

1. j sullivan says

Will this jelly bean update apply to T-Mobile samsung galaxy s2 users in the united kingdom also does anyone know,thanks

• vishesh says

No updates for uk users. Same as u i tried so much time to update an icecream sandwitch in to jelly bean but not successful for a single time. .

2. lolo says

I can honestly say that I’m blown away by this update, its fantastic! It literally transformed my sgs2 and makes it feel like I have a new phone, a different phone. Good job Samsung and T-Mobile! I’m impressed!

3. Janette says

Just updated my s2 for T-Mobile and I’m not seeing a Smart stay option. Wondering if we did not receive that with the update???

• joe says

that’s what I want to know,is it available in the UK,for T-Mobile,anyone out there who can help,thanks.

4. mohammad imran says

Well they are kinda late… I installed cm10.1 and I am gladly running a 4.2.2 rom. To mention its stock android! I was nervous at first but it works!:)

5. Gong says

T mobile jelly bean update is nice.
    Oh yeah… there is no Verizon galaxy s2. Just saying. False information.

6. peterless leon says

the dog won’t even shag your coke-bottled bespectacled fat banshee of a wife.. jimmie

• lolo says

They can’t have the sgs2 running the latest os with the sgs4 coming…even my international GNote N7000 only received 4.1.2. I think we are lucky to even get jelly bean on phones that are almost 2 yrs old. If we always wasn’t the newest then we have to go with nexus.

7. raiderlu says

Battery drains too fast since I updated to jellybean. Other bugs too. 100% charged, unplug it battery drops down to around 95%. Lock screen flashes too bright when I press button to unlock, press again and it dims down. Very annoying! These would be bugs, right???

8. Dats says

I am contemplating on getting s4 but i thinks it has some deficiencies that will be fixed on the note3. Just not sure if 5.9″ is too much. But If the new note has the same dimensions as n2 like s3 and s4 then I would get n3 quick especially with the faster internals and the octacore on it… True pc on yours hands

9. Howard Ducc Moots says

I really need help downloading the new version. can anyone help. I have been on so many sights and they say to use Kies. I have that and love being able to see all my phones info’ but cant figure out how to upgrade from gingerbread to jellybean. anything wil help….. thank you