T-Mobile 4G LTE: Where to Expect it Next

T-Mobile looks like it will be making big strides in its attempt to catch the 4G LTE networks of its rivals as a new leak suggests that the carrier is prepping a massive expansion of its new high-speed network, set to take place in both May and June.

Earlier this year, T-Mobile finally rolled out its own 4G LTE network, far later than its rivals AT&T, Sprint and Verizon, all of which have been working for a number of months, and in the case of Verizon, years, to expand their high-speed networks across the United States. And while T-Mobile has entered the picture late, it hopes to play catch up in 2013 with plans to cover over 200 million Americans with its new network.

Read: T-Mobile 4G LTE Speed Test: Galaxy Note 2 Picks Up Serious Speed.

The T-Mobile 4G LTE network might get larger in May and June.

The T-Mobile 4G LTE network might get larger in May and June.

Thus far, its LTE footprint is rather small, checking in with only a few LTE cities including Baltimore, MD, Kansas City, KS, Houston, TX, Las Vegas, NV, Phoenix, AZ, San Jose, CA and Washington D.C. And while the network is small right now, it looks like it will be growing very soon.

TMoNews has unearthed a massive list of probable T-Mobile 4G LTE markets that are apparently set to go live in both May and June. As it notes, these are subject to change, but these are likely going to be the places where T-Mobile’s 4G LTE network strikes next, whether it’s in May, June or beyond.

Fortunately for T-Mobile customers who may have just bought the HTC One or Samsung Galaxy S4, both of which have LTE enabled, the list is pretty expansive and includes not only major metropolitan areas but smaller cities as well.

In the month of May, Austin, Texas; Honolulu, Hawaii; Minneapolis and St Paul, Minnesota; Tulsa, Oklahoma; Sacramento, California; Philadelphia, Pennsylvania are all thought to be getting 4G LTE data speeds. Parts of Los Angeles and San Francisco will apparently go live as well, but those roll outs evidently will last into June.

T-Mobile's 4G LTE network is much faster than its 3G network.

T-Mobile’s 4G LTE network is much faster than its 3G network.

In June, T-Mobile is rumored to be firing up 4G LTE data speeds for the Atlanta area, Charlotte and Rock Hill in the Carolinas, Chicago, Cleveland, Bridgeport, Stamford, Norwalk in Connecticut, Columbus, Dallas which includes Fort Worth, Detroit, Long Island and areas in New York and New Jersey, Oklahoma City, Orlando, Miami, Boston and Cambridge, San Diego, Oakland, and Tampa.

Needless to say, if this pans out, it’s an ambitious roll out for T-Mobile and fantastic news for its customers. The carrier remains mum on these cities so it will take an announcement to make it official but don’t be surprised if these are the next markets that get the Magenta carriers new high-speed network in the coming weeks.

Comments

• Sbake384 says

I had Verizon, now tmobile and wow tmobile has pretty good speeds.i Know people who have sprint n hate it. Slooooow…La. O.C cali.

• E says

I want to make the jump. Are you getting LTE in SoCal I am on the move from LA to OC to San Diego. Just waiting for confirmation.

• Jose R. says

I just left Sprint for Tmo. Sorry Sprint, but dial-up speeds were acceptable in the early 90s, but not anymore.

1. anonimous says

I am not sure why people still refer Sprint network as 4G LTE when it is not. Last year I switched from Tmobile to Sprint and their speed was driving me nuts, which have me switched back to Tmobile, which has better speed than sprint -no doubts-.

• Willie says

Sprint has LTE in 88 cities thus far and the speeds are on par with Verizon and ATT. My area (Detroit) is currently being upgraded. Detroit is not even listed yet but its here.

• Johnnie says

OMG I was just sitting here saying the same thing! T-mobile customer for 10+ years i deserve it!!! C’mon Tmo

• corey says

Its here already.. I receive LTE speed and signal on the West side Normandy area today on my At&t unlocked Iphone 5 with T mobile carrier update… Thanks T-mobile

2. Drew says

I have been with TMO 8 years and would never think about switching carriers. I live in the East Bay and was in Antioch about a week ago and noticed I had 4g lte so I immediately pulled over and ran a few speed.net tests with this average: DL 27.55, UP 11.14, ping 45ms. Network LTE, Server West Sacramento CA. Now Antioch is about 70 miles away from San Jose with the server even farther. I have since seen my phone switching into lte daily.
    Now these numbers still may seem low to most, but I’m not complaining

TMO Note 11

• COREY says

I LIVE IN MIAMI AS WELL I HAVE THE IPHONE5 AND HAVE HAD LTE IN CERTAIN AREAS ITS SUPER FAST CANT WAIT

3. AJ says

I just like to add, we do have LTE in New York City at Times Square. My average download speed is 16 Mbps and upload speed is 8 Mbps.

4. Erick G says

Just today I went to walmart and notice my tmobile note 2 had LTE ive been soo excited that finally Austin, tx tmobile has LTE here in my city!! Im surprised the Internet is wayyy faster im soo shocked that I never thought it would be soo fast now my note 2 is up the bomb lol

5. james ruiz says

i live in linden,nj and i had sprint for 10 years before jumping back to tmo. all i can say is sprint sucks completley ….. the HSPA speeds in the 15 mile radius around my home town go from 5mbs all the way to 27mbs.. and upload if ok like about 2 to 4 mbs.. i cant wait for lte in this area …. Sprint was full of promises but empty promises … Switched and never looking back

6. MzHolliWudKitti says

I been gtg LTE for a few days to about a week now! I’m in Orange County Cali. The only problem is that every now and then ill lose service completely for a few seconds. But glitches or some issues r expected with any new technology!

• MzHolliWudKitti says

I didn’t know about this LTE roll out before I googled it tonite! Lol
        I was at LAX last nite and had 3-4 bars AND 4G and my data wudnt work! My daughter said when she worked there her service was terrible too.

7. 2134614665xm says

Yeah, im in Mission Valley and LTE is on here, at least it was earlier, 27 down, 8 up.

8. DJ says

I was in Okalahoma City yesterday they have Tmo LTE now. 27.3 Mbps Up and 11Mbps down on one of my several tests i ran, this is great. However the disapointing thing is the fact that many tmobile customers are still stuck with Edge. I am one of them, I ran a test last night from my home in got 0.088 mbps up and 0.013 Mbps down. I guess the rest of us do not count…Tmobile seems to only care about those big cities. I would be happy with 3G…is this to much to ask Tmobile?

• Chris says

Well of course…..more bank for the buck. It’s the reason the sticks doesn’t have high speed internet for the most part. Why would a carrier want to run fiber out to an area with an average count of 50 people when it can roll it out in the city with an average count of 500+? Cost efficiency.

• Tony says

I live in Yukon just outside of OKC, what part of OKC were you traveling through? I currently have Verizon and the $200+ a month for 2 lines is ridiculous and thinking of switching.

9. Jeff Gettis says

I just had LTE on my TMO IPhone 5 for like 10 mins in Lakewood, NJ. Now it’s back to regular 4G:(

• MzHolliWudKitti says

It keeps flip flopping! I’m AT HOME…stationary and I keep losing data altogether! LTE>>4G>>LTE>>NADA!>>4G no particular order! =(

10. Mitch says

I will hope that the lte reaches out from Minneapolis to stcloud I would greatly appreciate it.

11. abby says

if I get the lg optimus g pro the korean version will I get 4g lte or just 4g I live in california