Verizon HTC One “Worth the Wait”, No Surprises Coming

While HTC and Verizon still haven’t revealed a Verizon HTC One release date, HTC is telling consumers that the device will be well worth the wait and that they can go check out the device at rival carriers, a sign that the Verizon HTC One won’t be coming with any surprises when it arrives sometime later on this summer.

Several weeks ago, HTC and Verizon introduced the HTC One after several months of rumor and speculation. The announcement however did not come with any details, only that the device would be joining the AT&T, Sprint, and T-Mobile models in the summer, no date given. Since then, the companies have been mum on deals, despite an avalanche of questions from prospective Verizon HTC One customers.

We could see a Verizon HTC One at the Verizon announcement.

The Verizon HTC One should be the same as the other models.

While they haven’t relented with Verizon HTC One release details, HTC has broke away from the script several times on its Twitter account, candidly responding to questions from consumers.

Two gems emerged recently in the form of comments to one prospective Verizon HTC One buyer. One buyer, asking about the Verizon HTC One release date, threatening to buy the Samsung Galaxy S4 thanks to the wait. HTC fired back, saying that he shouldn’t do that and that the device will be “well worth the wait.” The company says to stay posted to the Twitter account for more info, a sign that something could be on the horizon.

More telling though is a response to the same person wherein HTC asks if he has had a chance to check out the phone yet, in person. The Verizon HTC One isn’t out yet though HTC says that he can go check out the device on other carriers, likely to get a feel for what is coming.

This is a sign that the Verizon HTC One isn’t going to be any different from the variants on its rivals. While surprises aren’t one hundred percent ruled out, consumers hoping for any differences should start tempering expectations.

What that means is that the HTC One for Verizon should come with a 4.7-inch 1080p display, quad-core processor, Ultrapixel camera, and a metal design. Of course, that design will likely be branded with at least one Verizon logo, hopefully one as minimal as AT&T’s.

Comments

1. Tony says

Ahhhh yes…another day, another article about the non-existent VZW HTC One. And to boot, foolish @HTC USA tells them to check it out at other carriers…do that, and while you are there just go ahead and buy one, why wait.

• Chad says

Nah, it’s not foolish for them to say to go check out the other carriers. If I buy one with Sprint or T-mobile VS Verizon, they’ll be happy I at least bought one instead of getting lured away by the GS4. It is foolish, however, for Verizon to not have more details for their customers. If I wasn’t on a company plan, I’d be back with T-Mobile in a heartbeat. I’m so tired of Verizon, and I’m not even paying the phone bill!

2. Bitter Verizon Customer says

Exactly one week ago this site ran a piece by the same author titled “Why the Verizon HTC One Isn’t Worth Waiting For”. I probably can’t put a link in the comment but it’s easy enough to find via search engines. I’m going to be sad when the phone actually ships and this daily flow of speculation comes to an end.

3. Robin says

I think Verizon is recommending checking out other carriers because they have something different up their sleeve. So when HTC ONE is finally released on Verizon, everyone who’s had to wait so long will agree: “THIS WAS WORTH THE WAIT!” I, for one, intend to wait.

4. Andrea Reese says

Thanks for your updates, Adam, appreciated, because I’ve become a half-crazed lunatic, scavenging for HTC One Verizon info. I’ve been trying the phone in other stores and I LOVE IT! Can’t wait to have it in my hands! I was so sure it would be announced today, the first day of summer, but nooooooo. Cruel, heartless Verizon!

• Rex_D says

While I think “faggot” is a little harsh, I do agree that it is another piece of shit by Adam Mills

5. Stuck with Verizon says

If the Verizon HTC One is no different than the other carriers, then what was the freakin’ holdup? And what would make it “worth the wait”?

• Seeker says

Exactly! Some there has to be some cool with the Verizon ver like the sd slot that the rest of the world got! It would save me from having to use a otg cable

6. joe says

couldnt be happier with my s4, sorry htc, not waiting months for this since my upgrade was avail in march..you lost a bunch of customers

7. Everitt says

OK, by the time the HTC one comes out ( phrasing ) the new Motorola or Google phone will be out. But at the same time,I want to support the underdog.

8. Riddles_At_U says

This article is illogical.. Wtf? Anyone with half a cell can read between these lines. What HTC meant when they made the statement “It’ll be worth the wait” clearly means that theres something coming on Verizons version thats different..

Also, asking a customer to try out another carriers same type of phone is just like asking me to drive a benz regular edition before I buy the custom edition. Its the same feel inside the car, just afew different things added later on. That said, most likely HTC will add some features like the updated OS and possibly some external memory (we can dream). Until more details are released we’ll have to see, but I think its safe to say that it doesnt take THIS LONG to slap a logo on afew hundred thousand cases. Something bigs coming.