Apple Prepares Staff for iOS 7 Release, New Looks and Features

Apple is preparing staff members for the upcoming iOS 7 release date so Apple Care employees can answer questions from users who upgrade to iOS 7 and need help adapting to the new look, new iOS 7 features and iTunes Radio.

Apple announced iOS 7 at WWDC 2013 and the latest version of Apple’s iPhone, iPad and iPod touch software is in beta testing with a possible iOS 7 GM available on September 10th when we expect Apple will announce a new iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C.

Read: 50 iOS 7 Features You’ll Actually Care About

The iOS 7 release date is likely set for September 18th, not September 10th.

AppleCare employees are reportedly training for iOS 7. The iOS 7 release date is likely set for September 18th

The iOS 7 beta is in the hands of developers and insiders at Apple, but Apple Store employees are not allowed to use the beta as they might accidentally show it to customers.

According to the latest leaks from AppleCare employees to 9to5Mac, Apple is starting a new training program to prepare staffers for an influx of questions about the new iOS 7 design and features.

Apple will reportedly bring several part-time support staff up to full-time as the iOS 7 release date approaches to maker sure customers get answers fast. Apple recently launched a 24/7 AppleCare chat service which could see more usage in late September.

The new iOS 7 design could bring additional questions from users who are confused by a new lock screen, enhanced multitasking and the new Control Center tab that offers fast access to settings and controls.

AppleCare employees will also be able to answer questions about iTunes Radio, Apple’s new streaming music service that will come to the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch with iOS 7. iTunes Radio is free with ads and a premium option is included in iTunes Match with no ads.

The video below showcases many of the new iOS 7 features.

Read: iOS 7 Release Date & Feature Roundup

AppleCare employee training for iOS 7 needs to be completed by the second week of September according to the report, which lines up with the likely iOS 7 GM release to developers.

The training end date does not indicate Apple plans an iOS 7 release date for September 10th to the general public, as one email suggested. Rather it looks like the iOS 7 release date should come closer to a rumored iPhone 5S release date of September 20th. iPhone, iPad and iPod touch owners should expect an iOS 7 update on or around September 18th based on Apple’s previous timelines.

Comments

1. Ali says

We miss Steve jobs if he were still around this crap would never happen change back the dial pad as it was originally

• Anonymous says

IOS 7 are better and clean UI.saturated icon detail.better notification support.flat design that I really love from Windows Phone

2. Anonymous Pissed Off says

I just want to get the new IOS7 update already. I saw how it looks and its amazing. Its really cool how Apple is not only taking 1 step ahead but many steps. This design is going to be the next big design/system in the world. So who ever says it’s wack or crappy. Dont buy a iphone or sell your iphone. Buy a shity phone. Dont put the Apple people to shame for what they did. Its a awsome design. Keep up the good work.

• Ronald Hunter says

If you like plain, flat, and minimalist, I am sure you will love the new styling. I don’t like what I have seen on the videos, but hope the real thing will look better. But the new features are what I will upgrade to get, not the style.

3. Jenna says

Apple products are amazing. I have never had a issue with any of my products. I have a MacBook Pro, iPad, iPad mini, and iPhone. iOS 7 is going to be absolutely amazing. It is a sign that apple is stepping their game up even more than they already have. Go Apple!!!!!!

4. Durameter says

I’ve been running the iOS 7 beta 6 for about a week now and have not encountered any errors. I think the design itself is wonderful looking. I’m surrounded by Android users at work who constantly step on Apple. This update however has them thinking that the Apple iOS is pretty cool. I personally like the rounded dial buttons myself btw…

• Courtney says

Couldn’t agree more!!

To be honest, I really like iOS 7. I am running beta 6 right now and I can’t wait until It’s fully released.. I will be jailbreaking but only to go back and forth with the “ayecon” theme and original iOS 7. THUMBS UP APPLE!!