Nexus 5 Render Offers Best Look at Google’s Rumored Nexus

A new Nexus 5 render, based on the unknown device that leaked on video and in an FCC filing, offers the best look yet at what very well could be Google’s next Nexus smartphone.

Just a few short days ago, we saw Google announce Android 4.4 KitKat, its brand new operating system. And in one of its teaser videos, we saw a mystery Nexus smartphone emerge with a design that appeared to be based on the Nexus 7. Shortly after that, we saw a mysterious LG device pass through the FCC, destination unknown. And while still not confirmed, there are signs that these devices could potentially be one in the same.

In the days since, we’ve seen designers try and bring the Android 4.4 KitKat leak to life and for the most part, they’ve done a great job. However, user deuxani from The Verge forums, has gone a step further than the rest of the renders that we’ve seen emerge. Not only did he or she make a Nexus 5 render based on the device seen in the video, but he or she has also took the dimensions from the FCC filing into account, creating a realistic looking LG Nexus 5.

Read: Nexus 5 Rumors Take Yet Another Turn.

This is a very detailed look at a possible Nexus 5 from LG.

This is a very detailed look at a possible Nexus 5 from LG.

The FCC filing, which has been proven to be for a device not called the LG G2, revealed a device with 131.9 x 68.2 mm dimensions, a screen that measures 126 mm diagonally and a 16:9 screen ratio. Deuxani took all of this into account when creating this render and the results are fantastic as the render is on par with one that Google would release.

He or she also takes it a step further, pitting the render next to the Nexus 4, Google’s current smartphone, and the device that any new Nexus smartphone would be replacing. If this is dead on, we can expect a Nexus 5 that is on par with the Nexus 4 in terms of design footprint.

The same render next to the Nexus 4 render.

The same render next to the Nexus 4 render.

We expect to hear about the Nexus 5 in October alongside Android 4.4 KitKat and a new Nexus 10 2. No date has been set into stone just yet but given that the Nexus 4 8GB is discontinued, we are as close as ever to a Nexus 5 release.

Rumors have suggested that the Nexus 5 would share internals with the LG G2 including a large 1080p display and a Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core processor but beyond those, the device remains a mystery.

Comments

1. marcus says

I hope it has a removieble batter I did not buy the nexus 4 for that reason we all whant a removieble batter so if it die we can get a new battery not a new phone

• Aaron says

I doubt it will be a replaceable battery, is the way all phones are going. Batteries don’t go bad as often as before. No need to replace them. My 4 is a year old and performing the same.

2. jordan says

I think they “slipped” on purpose just to give us a bit of a tease at what it will look like.

3. Andy Turfer says

If the N5 doesn’t have a replaceable battery, I’m going to shop for something else, perhaps the Note 3. I need a replaceable battery as I go on long cycling trips, and GPS chews juice. When I had a Galaxy S2, I would always take 2 spare fully charged high capacity batteries in my back pack. With my Nexus 4 I carry an external charger, but it’s nowhere near as convenient or practical for my particular use case(s).

I love the Nexus 4, but not being able to swap out the battery as and when needed will be a deal breaker for my future handset purchases.

• Terry says

I agree that replaceable battery is a must for demanding functions of our latest and greatest smart phone. but, but the makers like google specially don’t follow the drift. they tend to set the trends and standards. even if they are low. look at LG G2 and I think its an amazing phone but they upped the battery rather than making it replaceable. no sd card. I reckon samsung is the only maker of smart phone (among very few and rare) who’s giving replaceable battery option and sd card. I don’t expect any thing like that from google at all. no way. they are making their cloud service forward, pushing and forcing is the right word hence, less phones have sd card options. I didn’t buy nexus 4 because of its OK camera, non replaceable battery and no sd card. 8GB nexus 4, gosh what google was thinking anyway? so replaceable battery and sd card in a google nexus device.. is wishing to much. so much that santa clause might be real but these options are not. cheers

• Thomas bent says

I have cycled 120 miles through the alps while tracking it with GPS without needing another battery I’m sure you will manage.

4. bitsonhj says

There are plenty videos on YT showing you how to take out the battery…. Google is your friend !Do some research before putting up a comment…