iOS 7.0.2 Problems Frustrate iPhone & iPad Users

Last week, Apple rolled out an iOS 7.0.2 update for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. The update was aimed at fixing a lock screen flaw that allowed nefarious users to view things like photos in the camera roll. Unfortunately, it now appears as though the update has a lock screen issue of its own which comes in addition to a growing number of iOS 7.0.2 problems that are frustrating iPhone and iPad users.

Shortly after the iOS 7 release date earlier this month, users discovered a lock screen flaw that allowed users to use a simple exploit in order to view private details on the iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. Apple worked quickly to fix the issue and rolled out iOS 7.0.2, an update aimed at adding Greek keyboard support and tackling the lock screen security flaw.

Read: iOS 7 Lock Screen Bug Discovered Yet Again in Latest Update.

Change wallpaper iOS 7

As we pointed out in our reviews, iOS 7.0.2 not only fixed the security flaw but it seemed to be relatively issue-free with only a few minor issues hampering the experience. That’s not the case for many iPhone and iPad owners however, many of whom have discovered issues with the iOS 7.0.2 software on board their device.

In addition to the lock screen issues that apparently persist in iOS 7.0.2, iPhone and iPad owners are growing increasingly frustrated with the number of issues that they are encountering in iOS 7.0.2.

Over the weekend, we heard from several iPhone and iPad owners complaining about Wi-Fi issues and battery life, two problems that seem to arrive with all iOS updates. However, we’ve also heard about several more specific issues with iOS 7.0.2.

Several users detailed lag issues that they have been experiencing in iOS 7.0.2, specifically on the iPad. This is an issue that we have run into on the iPad 3 and it appears to be one that is more widespread that originally thought. We’ve also heard from an iPad 2 owner who has run into sharing issues within iTunes after installing Apple’s latest update. Apple’s discussion community is rife with iOS 7.0.2 bug complaints.

iOS 7 Setup GuideWe ourselves have run into two major issues after installing iOS 7.0.2. The first, random reboots which have been occurring on the iPhone 5s wherein the device randomly goes back to the boot screen for a few seconds before showing the lock screen. This is an issue that we encountered in iOS 6 on the iPhone 5 and it’s one that was solved several months down the road.

We’ve also been experiencing issues with iMessage, something that isn’t new. What is new is that our iPhone 5 can no longer send iMessages, even after flipping the service on and off, rebooting the phone, and trying an assortment of other fixes. Whether iOS 7.0.2 broke iMessage or not is unclear but the service was working perfectly in iOS 7 and during the first two days of iOS 7.0.2.

As we’ve pointed out, many of these iOS 7.0.2 issues are minor and aren’t widespread which means that Apple is unlikely to issue a swift update to fix them. Instead, users are going to have to rely on unofficial temporary or permanent fixes that emerge in the days ahead.

It’s possible that we’ll see an iOS 7.0.3 update for iPhone and iPad tackle some of these issues in the future. In the meantime though, frustrated users are going to have to settle for fixes that don’t come from Apple.

Comments

• Bertsta says

Yes leave whatever works. I “upgraded” my iPad mini to 702 to supposedly fix some bug and have a Greek alphabet, but the only one that got greeked was me. The whole look and feel and usability of my iPad has changed and it now looks like the interface was designed by someone with a fetish for matchstick men. It really sux and is a very amateur job.

• Sonia says

Don’t do it! I wish I hadn’t. My iPad 2 no longer connects to wifi. I’ve tried every solution I could find and nothing fixes it. Next step is going to apple. I guarantee they will want me to pay. My son’s iPhone 4S no longer iMessages and my iPhone 5 keeps rebooting and I now charge it twice per day! What a mess!!!!

1. Baz in TX says

My 4S stopped receiving iMessages after 7.02. It took two hours of trial and error to get it going again – all the while I was missing important messages confusing my colleagues and friends. My wife’s 5 still cannot text me – perhaps it’s a problem on her phone. Can’t wait to push friends, family, and responsibilities aside for a hour or two tonight to work on hers…

So called iOS “stability” justifying my small screen is starting to wane. Back to work……..

• Colm says

Hi… i have had the same issue for the last few days… & just fixed it…
      i restarted the phone (holding lock button and home button at the same time for 10seconds).
      have sent 3 messages with no issue and came up as delivered.

• Tom says

Mine quit. Got it working and now it randomly quits. Rebooting the phone will solve the problem temporarily. My didn’t update to 7.02 on my ipad. Just the initial IOS 7 update on it. imessages quit on it after I update my iphone.

• Linda Plummer says

How did you get it started again. Mine says to connect to iTunes then iTunes says it can’t because it is downloading.

2. Corina says

Lost iMessage a few days before installing the iOS 7.02 patch. Has been unavailable ever since. Messages just stay as “sending” instead of sending as a txt message after the iMessage fails like it used to

3. Papasin says

It’s no surprise Apple made an unstable ios to get you to buy a new ipad or iPhone. I for one still think after Jobs death..RIP. Apple and time cook has taking Apple and made it shit! I love the new ios but after installing it on my mini, I now feel like it’s really out dated! Keyboard is sluggish along with apps that are slow! Thank you again Apple!

• Kevin Tran says

It really is very easy to deal with this typing delay issue on iPhone , you just log on to iCloud in settings app of iOS 7, close the option named “Documents & Data”, then the problem could be satisfactorily fixed. Even though you might feel this way strange, but it is actually very useful.

• [email protected] says

Woh!! really thanks that is really work.
        Now I can log in, typing without any delay.

• Raymond Edwards says

It worked! Thanks for removing an intense source of frustration in such an easy way!

4. THanks a lot apple says

I still can’t use iMessage and I lose all my messages or some will disappear. I delete messages and they reappear. Typing this message was even more ridiculous as the keyboard has a mind of its own. I see a change in my future

5. Fix iMessage says

I have the same issue. I will send in iMessage, it will be sending forever and never send.I’ve had to turn off iMessage. This is semi-ridiculous.

• Steve F says

Same here! Trying to work with notes inside of calendar entries is now IMPOSSIBLE!!! Touch doesn’t recognize blank lines or spaces that don’t have letters, #’s or characters right next to them. Also MAJORLY impacted due to touch not responding to selecting a range of text so can’t copy (or cut) -and-paste!! SERIOUS productivity impact!!! C’mon Apple!!! WTF!!!!!!! Any help from non-Apple forums/communities (like this one) to help resolve the touch issue(s) would be GREATLY appreciated!!

• Penny Kent says

The pop up screen that appears at the bottom of the screen if you have touched the screen anywhere near the bottom of your screen, is more frustrating than words can say. Get rid of the bloody thing!!!! AND touch sensitivity has significantly changed for the WORSE!!!!!!!!

6. Colm says

Hey guys… I have not been able to send iMessages for the last few days but have just fixed the issue (on my iPhone anyway).
    I restarted the phone (holding home button and lock button at the same time for appro 10 seconds) phone reboots and iMessages now work again.
    Really hope this works for others too!!!
    Let me know if it does.

• Come on apple says

I had to do your suggested method three times and then turn iMessage off and back on before it would work.

7. Jtbeams says

Lost iMessage a couple days ago. Turned the service off and back on, stopped and started wifi and 3G, signed out and signed back in to my services and finally did a full reboot of my devices (5 in the family) and iMessage came back. Weird part was that I could receive iMessages from other’s iphones (not family) but it would just sit at “sending” and wouldn’t fail over to SMS like it used to.
    I’ll stick with tried and true; if it’s so important for me to communicate with them, I’ll phone.
    Only did the 7.0.2 update today on my lunch hour. Haven’t had any issues, so far .

8. Hossein says

I can not enter events on calendar since I downloaded ios7,0,2. On my iPhone ,althoug It has not effected can my iPad. Has eny one out there can help?

9. Stacy says

I haven’t downloaded 7.0.2 but have been having issues with iMessage. Got it to work two days ago (I think the reboot was what worked) but today it’s back down again.
    And yes – the new calendar sucks!

10. iREGRET says

After downloading the faulty software (iOS 7) there is no chance in hell I would download THIS update.

Why is my keyboard lagging as I type this? Oh yeah, iOS7.

11. Paul says

Agree with the lag on iPad Mini. Feels like an old Amstrad. However, worst thing is music. Problems have been profound Eg iPad wiped itself of music. Had to fully restore iPad as new 3 times to fix it. Music stalls, sticks and pops when you try to do any additional task. Looks great, but search functionality significantly worse in music and look of music on iPad, simply awful. Hmmm!

12. SEB says

I installed the GM version when it was released a few weeks ago. Had the random reboot issue several times last week. Did DFU restore to iOS7 on Thursday then shortly afterwards 7.0.2 became available so OTA updated to it. No issues since.

13. Ios user says

I lost all my contacts and i have issues about sending txt msgs.. This is true and am i the only one experiancing this???

14. gbnyc1 says

I also lost the ability to send iMessages on my iPhone 5 a few days ago, but that was before I updated to 7.0.2. I since updated, but the problem remained.
    Just now, however, I got it working again: I turned off iMessage, “Reset Network Settings,” restarted (holding power and home simultaneously), and turned iMessage back on, and now I’m again able to send iMessages. Maybe this will help some of the others here with the same issue.

15. cris says

the problem of ios 7.0.2 the notification on email is still their even if you open the mail,. it took 3 to 5 times you open it before the notification gone.,e mail is very important to me.,unlike tht old version,. after you open the notification remove,.

16. rodger says

why do i only get a screen with i tunes logo and a pic of the charger cord on my i phone 4 ?

17. Janet says

Several of my apps won’t rotate anymore when I turn my ipad (since I updated). Anyone else had that problem?

18. Iphone5s to be gone says

I took my ip5s back the same day I got it!! It was so unstable I knew it just like last year just a new look with issues why the heck does apple get people all hyped than update issues?? Screw it never again!! I went to my Sony Xperia and that blows the 5s to shreds!! Apple is done Steve jobs would not allow this to happen!! Tim cook or Tim crook your FIRED!!!

• Romo says

Yeah that fool is fired!!!,so my best bet is not even to bother to update,to iOS 7.0.2 “???”,I haven’t even updated to iOS 6,LOL… Guess I should just stay where I’m at HUH”???”

19. cashxx says

No problems at all here on 4S on Verizon. iPad 5 and Mini iPad. Friends and coworkers haven’t complained either.

• Selvin says

Not single pblm on my devices so wht the hell r they yakng about me i5 abd mjni r so perfect like new dont get it

• abc123 says

Hmmm, Apple said there were issues in the updates. Perhaps you guys should call Apple and correct them.

20. Cat says

My iPad 2 keeps stopping mid game or email. I have to do a complete shut down then turn it back on before it starts working again, sometimes it happened every few minutes. I am regretting the update to ios7

21. katherine d'arcy says

you know how Apple loves to trash its competitors for their frequent software fixes, updates and debugs? I can’t tell you how much down time I have suffered for Apple’s fixups, some of which appear to be more cosmetic than beneficial. IOS 7.0.2 made two of my email accounts dysfunctional. I only installed it a couple of days ago and am already being asked to install fixer uppers. If I wanted a locked password access, I could have added it under the old operating system. Now i don’t seem to have a choice. And Woe to those who don’t install the new IOS soon after it’s available, because within a short time none of your apps will work at all. Apple, appreciate that style and coolness are supposed to be part of your shtick, but I need stuff that works. The new IOS is slower on the internet than the old OS and the little thin sticky type is hard to read for 58 year old eyes that have been using computers for more than 40 years. Get over your self-conscious preening and think about the customer experience of your products! Make them work smoothly as well as look good.

• Annie Patterson says

I second your comments on the thin icons and typeface. I also think the new app icons look cheap and garish. I wish I hadn’t downloaded it.

22. Alanya 🐯🐵🐼🐬🐳🐼🐵🐯 says

I wanted IOS 7 and when i downloaded it was iOS 7.0.2 I can’t hear the sound everything goes crackly my friends has this new update and it doesn’t do it to hers.

23. Scotty says

I downloaded iOS 7.0.2 on my IPAD 3 and when I access NETZERO (in Safari) I can’t get past the login screen. I end up in a continuous loop when I enter my password and try to login. I also hate the new keyboard, as the old OS had a key labeled .com, making typing faster. The new user interface is not that intuitively obvious either! I know that they had to fix sme “broken” issues, but for the others, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it!!

• Bertsta says

You’d think they had enough to do fixing up the issues people have but guess they couldn’t help screwing up the stuff that worked too.

24. Linda says

After updating the new iOS 7 on my iPad mini, I am definitely NOT going to update it on my iPad 3! The wishy washy icons and arrows are way too faint for my liking (and I am not alone here), and Safari has gone down the toilet! Can’t find my ‘recent search’ box anymore and trying to type into the single search box is an absolute NIGHTMARE with the infuriating predictable text suggestions taking over……It seems that by joining the search bar and website bar into one, the system just cannot cope! One tap and it either deletes everything or searches what it THINKS you want??? The clear dark bold icons in Safari iOS 6 were so much clearer to see, especially if you have some vision problems, in iOS 7 these icons are a fine faint blue and having the 2 search boxes in the old Safari was just easier. Sadly you can’t reinstall the old iOS 6 once you get the new update, so I guess my iPad mini will hardly be used now, or up for sale!

• Steve F says

At a minimum, Apple (and other software giants) should pay customers for loss of use of expensive Apple devices due to software updates that render the devices useless or less useful than they were before the updates!! Productivity impacts = lost time x hourly rate (simple formula could result in Apple having to pay customers far greater $ than even the devices are worth)!! Someone should consider starting a class-action lawsuit! I’m tired of all the time lost due to crappy software updates!!!

• SC says

After completing the ‘downgrade’ to the new fisher price designed version I have had no end of problems. I absolutely hate it, with a passion and wished I’d never bothered!

25. Jerry S says

No issues on my 4S on Verizon…..not sure what the big deal is. Ios7 seems fine to me.

26. Robert Meares (@RobertMeares) says

Today I filming with my iPhone 5 and it was at 78% and it just tuned off and I got the pictures that says please connect to charger and then I waited and was able to turn it back on but then it showed 18% I turned it off a few times during the day and even left it off and when I turned it back on it did not change so then it was at 10% and stayed there all day at 10% and now i just turned it off and back on and it showed 28%. So now im going to let it die completely and then restore my iPhone then charge it to see if that works.

It also turned off and on before I did the update to 7.0.2

27. Lock problem says

I m getting problem in lock after I update to ios7.0.2
    I want to know the time of new update

28. leopold81 says

I’ve had lagging issues since update in addition to random cuts to boot screen when it seems like my ipad has had enough or can’t cope with the lag. I’ve also got problems with battery drain. I’m using ipad 3.

29. PJ says

Since I updated to 7.0.2 this morning, I have been going nuts. My e-mails are sending without hitting send and before i finish typing the e-mail. Also, in the middle of sending a text, it will just back out of nowhere and won’t allow me to send a text to certain contacts. Very frustrating.

30. Bianca says

I updated my iPhone5 to iOS7 the day was released. My phone will not allow me “error uploading” says to 7.0.2 version but wont’ tell me why. I can’t add any new phone numbers or delete any on my iphone, even though let’s me type and then when I press save nowhere to be found! The pictures of people that I had linked to my address book does not pop up when dialing or calling them. Every few minutes, at times seconds my phone is either FREEZING or apple sign comes on and goes black and then back on to screen to enter my password. Any application I try to open it only flashes and then either goes to home page of CRASHES the phone. what apps? gmail, weather, match.com, games, any … and all.. I am fortunate enough that the basic iphone mail works but crashes too. I am BEYOND upset! this particular phone is only 2-3 months old and was working well since I got it replaced and used iOS6. This is my second iPhone5, as the first one worked fine for a while and then got some screen discoloration, wiFi problems and I got a brand new phone! I had to start all from SCRATCH and it took few days and about 20 hours of Apple, Rogers and my time to try to fix it till everyone gave up and gave me new one. So you can imagine how I dread to RESET my PHONE to SCRATCH brand new, when I have so MUCH settings and work put into this phone!! I have 64GB and used only 11.5GB but my calendar, my contacts, my pictures, my old laptop that I hardly use because my iPhone was to be USED for all and all the time and it’s one that I want to throw from my balcony!!! Even talking on the phone crashes! At times goes black and it takes few minutes before comes back on again… I don’t know why and how long will it take to be On again… random insanity I call it. I am going to Apple store in few days to talk to a Technician but the employees at Eaton’s Centre aren’t nice or even that good in comparison how they were helpful and time giving in London UK and NYC and Paris… there, they were showing me things that I had no idea my phone could do since I always had Blackberry in the past and waited for iPhone5 for a year. And for this?!

• IOU812 says

Sounds like you need counciling and anger management?? Get over it it’s just a phone!! Be thankful you have life

• IOU812 says

My iPhone 5s is doing worse but what can I do?? Take it back or just wait the bugs out in time, getting pissed won’t help u

• Steve F says

Idiot! Nice way to talk to someone who’s going thru hell. Get off your complacent *ss and find something MORE to do about the issues – don’t just preach that nothing can be done. Why not get a class-action lawsuit going and sue Apple?

• Bertsta says

Iou812 obviously doesn’t mind paying for stuff and getting poor service so I guess he’ll pick up the tab for the substandard poss apple is supplying. Send cash in plain brown envelope…

31. mr.jam84 says

I’m having issues with audio. Can hear phone ring,alarms that are set and hear when speaking on the phone through the speaker but can not hear itunes radio, pandora or even personal videos. No audio in these apps when ran

32. Anne says

Does anybody have issues on the battery life of ipad 2 after installing the ios 7? my battery life decreased significantly. Had to charge every night. Hubby uninstalled a lot of games already, did all necessary adjustments like brightness, etc. to increase battery life but still the same. Its frustrating.

• mary says

I have an ipad 2. It works fine. Why upgrade until glitches worked out? After all of the reports, I just don’t get why people are updating when the problems are all reported all over the place!

33. Ex-fan of IPads says

Regret I installed the update. Lost all my calendar entries: past, current and future.
    Improvement for Apple or its customers????
    Why launch untested changes??

• K says

Same here lost all calendar, not near as good, upgrade also locked wifi, main page & favorites (icons) reloading n filling page is useless …
      Got no helps for issues from Apple sites, Local Verizon was no help! Public Library IT tech support helped w/iCloud reset but Apple no longer will let you back to before update to iOS 7. This is Big Mistake.

34. Fawaz Kareem says

i updated to iOS 7.0.2 and im not satisfied!!!! just during updation my wifi connection gets disconnected. and after finishing up i could not use Wifi for the next 24hrs, then later i got it automatically, and now again after a day i lost. the wifi button can not move properly and whole system getting too much late to respond like 4-6 secs to open settings app. will it be fixed with the upcoming update,??

35. timluna says

iOS 7.0.2 killed my iPad’s ability to detect Wifi networks. It’s an issue that I’d like to talk to apple support about, but I don’t believe I should have to pay $19 for customer support.

36. timluna says

Talk about computer woes. I got windows 8 on my PC and that operating system is just pure garbage. Then I was foolish enough to update my iPad to iOS 7.0.2. Why do I fall for these BS updates? And why do these companies keep making things worse instead of actually making updates that make things better?

• Ann Burbidge says

After I installed iOS 7, the text in the calendar was really faint. The dates are blooded but it’s hard to read the entered information. Is iOS 7.0.2 any better? I think I will wait for 7.0.3.

• Pavel says

Absolutely agree having completely same feeling IOS 7.0.2 is garbage piece of very very bad software, the same piece of shit like WIN 8.

37. Frustrated says

We are an Apple family. However, after this last update I am done. Thank goodness I waited until I got home to download 7.02. My screen locked me out completely and after plugging in my phone to iTunes I had to restore my phone. The last time my phone was backed up was on the 19th of September, so needless to say anything at all that occured after that was lost. Like I said before, we have several Apple products; however, I would not recommend downloading this new update. Unless, of course, you can afford to lose some of your information. I do recommend, however, that people at least wait until they are home from work. Otherwise, you are likley to find yourself without a working device all day and most clients/employers dislike that.

38. malena smither says

i have an Iphone 4S and downloaded 7.0.2 and now cant open jpeg pictures sent that I had no problem with before the download–anyone else experiencing this issue?

39. Seana says

My daughter has the iphone 4 and downloaded iOS 7.0.2 yesterday. Now her phone is locked and saying connect to iTunes. When she does this the prompt tells her that her phone needs to be restored. Unfortunately she has been bad about backing up her phone so she’s going to lose a ton of stuff. Any suggestions on how to get around this? So frustrating! Thanks …

• Frustrated says

I had the same thing happen to me. I lost everything that happened after the 19th of September. What is worse than that is now my phone cannot send or recieve text messages or phone calls. I had to call my carrier, stay on the line two hours while we troubleshooted, only to find out that they have to send me a brand new phone because mine is now useless. It will be overnighted but because the mail had already gone out for the day it won’t be here until Friday. I am very upset about this whole thing. Good luck to your daughter though, maybe she will have better luck. Fingers crossed!

• Sorry I trusted Apple 7.02 update says

I did have backup and the computer kept telling me Itunes was in error and would not accept the backup!

I lost everything. Can no longer trust Apple.

40. Paula mac says

Updated my iPad with iOS 7 and lost SIRI ! If us have an iPad 2 DONOT update! You will ever have SIRI again.b

41. Tina says

My daughter installed 7.02 on my ipod 5 and it says connect to iTunes. We connect to iTunes and it says we need to restore it but it will go through the restore only to say it needs to be restored again. It is now completely unusable. Frustrated and need help to fix.

42. Mazzda says

Glad I didn’t do the update after reading on OSX Daily there were big problems with iPad.

• Larry says

Glad to see a not a rush rush got to have it person, good for you, I have the 5S and is a nightmare I’m returning it back to apple store today, I’m not going mad crazy ya I’m a bit upset apple makes all the $$$ and such a bad new product but that’s ok I can get my $$ back and that’s ok with me!! Ya don’t update to it at all with iPad my sister is mad too

43. Glenn says

Shouldn’t have updated iPad IOS 7.0.2 … what a damned mistake! I know changes are a ge’me, BUT ver. 7.0.2 SUCKS !! it really does. Problems with ios 6.0 got compounded by 7.0.2. Functionality NOT smooth. Your software NEEDS work.

44. Murphy says

I rarely jump to update anything and really regret going for the recent 7.0.2 for my iPad. I hate the wishy washy icons and want to get rid of the passcode completely. So far i cant even find a way to change it. Grrrrrrrrrrr

45. James says

I’m experiencing lost wifi signal. I’ve got some lag on my keyboard now which is weird since this didn’t happen before now

46. JB says

I and a number of other people are experiencing issues with the rear camera, this has not worked for me since installing iOS7. There are a number of posts on the Apple forum so I know I am not alone.

47. Valerie says

I was prompted to update to iOS 7.0.2 this morning whilst travelling internationally. Immediately I notice I don’t care for the changes in style. Then I discovered… my ipad 4 no longer rotates. The lack of ability to rotate is completely infuriating – especially when I’m using planes, trains and auto mobiles. I’m less than an hour into what I consider one of my all time biggest technology mistakes – trusting an update prompt before researching known issues.

48. Martha says

After the iOS 7.0.2 update I found when making a call I can’t put my face too close to the screen. It either disconnects the call, turns the speaker on or connects to FaceTime. Never did this before. Several of my friends are experiencing the same thing. Has become very annoying. Sorry I updated!!

49. Nora says

My brother and I both have iphone 5′s.

Since the 7.0.2 updates, he has been unable to receive or send imessages. The fixes on this thread helped him “for now” as he says. Hopefully thats the only issue he has.

Me on the other hand, any notes I wrote in 7.0 before the 7.0.2 update have been lost. They werent backed up on my icloud (it was only a few days but I use my notes for EVERYTHING) and I even downloaded and tried a program that was supposed to help recover them. Nada, zip, nothing. But any notes made prior to my 7.0 download are still there.

While im grateful I didnt lose anything else, and the lagging that my phone did prior to the update has gotten much better, this still sucks. They really need to test things better before they release them.

50. Philip says

I am very frustrated about this new iOS, i am so frustrated of the lag during typing, pls fix the problem

51. Gerry says

iOS 7.0.2 on iPhone 4S – 117 songs not available in the public domain, loaded on the phone via a third party program (Xilisoft Transfer) before the Apple software “upgrade” (and working fine), now 24 of those disappear when the phone is in airplane mode. The songs to be at random, no verifiable pattern to the disappearances.

52. Geo Calgary says

I have the 4 and just did the upgrade. Problems I am having are different. On one of my email accounts it said I had 2500 unread emails. I clicked edit, choose all, mark as read and now have 450 that it says are unread, though I cant see them.

• David says

“Also, I used to double press the button and then could choose apps I wasn’t using and turn them off. Doesn’t work anymore. It just loads the app. Any ideas?

Once you double press, take your finger on the app and slide it up as to send it up this will remove it.

53. Bill says

If you have an iPhone 4 and haven’t already done so, I strongly suggest that you don’t upgrade. Performance is so bad on my iPhone 4 that I don’t even want to use it anymore. Apps are slow to load or change, screen animations are nauseating and anything with video content is a complete waste of time – playback freezes momentarily every 5-7 seconds. The color scheme looks like something from Fisher-Price rather than Apple (no disrespect to Fisher-Price). The color schemes appear to be designed for children rather than for 40-something working stiffs.

Apple seems to have stolen a page from the Microsoft playbook and released an upgrade that makes older devices perform so poorly that owners will be encouraged to upgrade to a newer device. MS has been doing that with Windows for 20 years. If iOS 7.0.2 is what we can expect from Apple, I’m definitely switching to Android.

If the original iPhone UI looked and performed like this, I never would have chosen an iPhone in the first place. Definite upgrade remorse. There was nothing wrong with the old UI. Why did Apple feel the need to change it? If there was ever a case where Apple needed to allow downgrading iOS, this is it.

This is an employer-provided phone and I’m stuck with it for another year.

• Frustrated! says

How did you downgrade back to iOS 6 I would appreciate your input as I am getting more frustrated by the day with IOS 7. Thanks!

54. Helen Smith says

My IPAD is so slow now…sorry updated…any fixes out there or do I wait for apple to fix?

55. Pavel says

On 7.0.2 I experience following bugs I switched off wifi and opened safari trying to browse internet via my mobile data subscription. After a while I see wifi on icon!!! Software switched on wifi alone!! Other issues is slower than previous versions. IOS seems me step backwards in all aspects including horrible graphic. Pavel

56. Sorry I trusted Apple 7.02 update says

DO NOT ALLOW THIS DOWNLOAD! I LOST EVERYTHING – EVERY PHONE NUMBER, PHOTO – EVERYTHING!

APPLE you are untrustworthy!

57. Mike says

I absolutely hate the new interface…looks amateur …Apple better put back the capability soon to revert back somehow!!!!

58. Floss says

I am not at all happy with iOS7.0.2. and regret downloading it – wish that I’d found this site first!
    Thanks to comments found here I have now been able to update most of my apps some of which would not even open before

I much preferred the use of DELETE rather than TRASH on emails.

All that remains now is to find a way to close all of the open apps. Clicking twice on the home button then on the x of the rocking icons is no longer an option on my iPad. Any ideas please?

59. italo says

ios 7.0.2 what a load of rubbish cant imessage cant facetime wont let me activate either through iTunes just says check connection been on to o2 and their online guru cant do it either

60. Kevin says

This IOS 7 has taken the iphone from being the best smart phone on the market to one of the worst come apple you going backwards

61. Unhappy says

This IOS 7.0.2 is complete rubbish, I’m betting under Steve Jobs this shit software would never have seen the light of day…. No more Steve Jobs I think it’s time to get a HTC one

62. XED says

DO NOT UPGRADE TO IOS 7.0.2 !!! I commited that mistake, now my iphone 4s battery wont last 12 hours without use, everything is sluggish as hell and sometimes the phone and apps freeze for minutes. Now I have an expensive wired phone. I’m waiting for the fix but its taking too long… they should at least let you downgrade…

• skip981 says

If you would restore it as a new device I think you would be much more pleased with the battery life. When talking about the sluggishness, don’t even get me started with the iPhone 4. they have a lot of work to do. I would agree with you on this one, they should at least let you downgrade to the last firmware day were signing (6.1.3).

Anyone remember the days when iOS 5 was on an iPhone 3GS? Now that was horrible. They fixed it, haven’t they?

Stop whining, they’ll fix it.

63. Barry says

after installing 7.0.2 my iphone4 does not ring on calls, messages, or mail. constantly having to check, and yes all ringer settings are correct tried reboot and turning off,very frustrating. wish i knew how to go back to old system.

64. Anoop says

Other Issues: (1) While talking, automatically goes on to speaker mode (2) Hangs or slows down while typing e-mails/ SMS/ Whatsappp messages etc (3) Looks are pathetic ccompared with original iOS (upto 6)…

65. iMessege Problem Fix says

I actually had problems with iMessege as well, but I found a fix. I went to Settings->Wi-Fi and entered the DNS of my router as 8.8.8.8. and restarted my device. Then I signed into iMessege, and it worked. Be sure to change your router DNS to the original, though

66. Mark Cassler says

I’m trying to upgrade my I pad to IOS 7.02 and all I can see is the i tunes logo and an adapter cord on the screen. This is what’s on my I pad screen. Tunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes. What do I do?
    Mark Cassler

67. Chris says

Ihad to have mine re booted by people at 02. Is a nightmare. My daughters phone cuts out in a call ir goes to face time. And messages dont seem to go to people who havebt got i phones. Both 5s abd only a few months old

68. Treppie says

I am so disappointed with Apple. I hate 7. It sux power like crazy, and I hate the changes. I wish they would have allowed folks to go back if they wanted to. I’ll never EVER update again.

69. ik123 says

iPad 2 with iOS 7.0.4 – WiFi problem still present (not detecting WiFi networks, unstable connection on detected networks…). None of the methods that can be found online helped to fix this, so still waiting for the next iOS upgrade or official explanation from Apple.

btw, there’s ongoing petition at change.org
    Apple Inc.: Release an explanation on the ongoing iphone Wifi problems

70. Frustrated! says

7.0 to 7.03 What a disappointment the washed out cartoonish icons to the confusing new email format with washed out backgrounds and symbols and how could you eliminate the number of associated emails feature with arrows. I am so frustrated with Apple making life more difficult with this new IOS, I am not sure what are you thinking. I hope in short order you just admit this iOS sucks and go back to the old 6.0 format that won over so many customers ……that is the prudent business move to reward all the faithful customers that have rewarded you with their loyalty and make it right…..