How to Disable Lock Screen on Galaxy Note 3 and Galaxy S4

40 responses

1. Jerry Strickland
    10/13/2013

Great tip!
    I have been wanting to disable the lock screen and didn’t think it was an option.
    BTW do you know if the confirm screens can be disabled? So when you want to delete an email or picture you won’t be asked to confirm.

• cactac
      10/14/2013

Hahaha that is so funny you were thinking ” it was an option”
      Not all the things can be disabled. You need to mention details here because it works on some particular applications.

• Cory Gunther
      10/14/2013

Thanks Jerry. Which confirm screens are you talking about here? All in general, or just for emails and such. I know Gmail has an option to delete without confirmation, but this setting will be app-specific.

2. “Mr Lucky”
    10/14/2013

Why I wouldn’t want my phone lock so if I misplace,lost or stolen
    Accessing my phone won’t be so easy.

3. Joe Sellers
    10/14/2013

What sucks is if you use a lock screen pin you can’t use shortcut widgets or access the camera or notes on the lock screen like you can with the swipe unlock method.

4. max
    10/15/2013

i m totally agree with Joe Sellers. im stuck i can’t disable my lock screen that i use with pin

5. max
    10/15/2013

nver mind i find it how to do it ,

6. Mohamed Rashed
    10/26/2013

I went through these steps but I could not disable screen lock because the only active option is Password. The rest of the options are dim (inactive). The last option “None” is inactive as well.
    Is there another way to disable screen lock in this condition?
    Someone told me you can only do it by resetting the phone but this will erase all downloaded applications. Is there an easy way without having to lose my applications?
    I will appreciate any help or suggestions. Thanks

• Mohamed Rashed
      10/26/2013

In brief, I cannot disable screen lock following the above steps.
      Is there another easy way to disable screen lock or do I have to start from scratch reinstalling everything?

• George
        11/02/2013

Mohamed, I had the same problem. Did u figure out anything?

• Sharon
        11/24/2013

Go ahead & follow those steps. Settings>> My Device>> Lock Screen>> Screen Lock. It asks for your pin. Put it in, and THEN you will have the option to switch back to swipe.

• Mat
        07/19/2014

yess sharon its worked thank youu

• Real Honest
      12/09/2013

Your problem might be that you need to disable Encrypt external SD card. Go to security, then select Encrypt External SD card, if it says SD card encryption has been turned on then there should be an option at the bottom left that says ” Turn off” , select that, after you will need to enter your password. The screen then should show the option to Turn off SD card encryption. Just select “Apply”. Wait a few moments for it to apply it then go to lock screen like usual and enter your password, then select “none”. Hope this helps!

7. John Ferguson
    11/02/2013

My other Options for Lockscreen are greyed out. The None and Swipe options are grayed out.
    Message says, Turned off administrator, encryption policy or, credential storage. HUH?

• Real Honest
      12/09/2013

8. Lucille Borella
    11/09/2013

Same here. Once I enabled the pattern password on my G S4 to try it out, it no longer gives me any options to change it back.

9. Johnlaw
    12/02/2013

Same thing on my S4.

10. Verna
    12/13/2013

I have the same issue on my G3. I recently was forced to do a system upgrade, and now I no longer have the option to change my lock screen. I had it set to pattern, and wanted to change it to swipe. I no longer have the option to pick how I want my lock screen. Any help would be appreciated!

11. Ashley
    12/26/2013

I tried your suggestion to turn off sd card encryption. But mine is showing it’s already off.. :(

12. steven
    12/28/2013

I am having the same issue with my Note 3.. I want to turn off my screen lock and I can not do so… I have read all the suggestions I’m the previous post and I am still unable to do so… any other suggestions on possibly resolving this situation would be highly appreciated. ..

13. Matt Fisher (@MattFisher515)
    12/29/2013

I cleared all of my certificates and it fixed the problem.

• ditta
      01/06/2014

Settings
      Device
      Luck Screen
      Screen Luck
      Swipe

• Mindy Platt
        07/08/2014

Thank you!! Sooo happy to have been able to change my lock screen finally :D

14. Andy
    12/31/2013

Ditto. Clear credentials or certificates. Then swipe can be enabled.

• James
      05/29/2014

This was the solution that worked for my Galaxy S4. Thanks!

15. AsimS
    02/01/2014

yess absolutely right …great it works. After Clearing certificates it is fixed.Thanks

16. wohb islam
    02/07/2014

I have s4.my issue.i am not removing pettern lock.
    Setting..my device,lock screen…but there was already unclickble ..none option…ply any one help me.

17. Dom
    02/21/2014

On my unit CLEAR CREDENTIALS is ‘greyed out’

18. Wasif
    03/23/2014

I cant disable the lock screen that has pin on my galaxy note 3

19. deb
    04/18/2014

It worked!!!!!!

20. Natty Bee (@TheNattyBee)
    04/19/2014

I had a password set, and now it won’t let me go back to swipe or none

21. kim tucker
    04/29/2014

Thanks Sharon Worked as you described.

22. grace
    05/08/2014

what if the none to disable by adminuustrator is greyed out

23. darin
    05/12/2014

clear credentials is grayed out

24. Linda
    06/08/2014

there is no “none” on my S4

25. Bran
    06/09/2014

Help Please… how can I removed the password I entered on my note? every time I open any of my apps it ask my password? Thanks

26. MORENIKE OLADUNNI
    06/30/2014

With ur unentered Google Account, Samsung or Google should help us out.
    The Most impt thing is to be able to confirm ur identity. Imagine a situation
    Where u loose all ur stored information because of ‘Forgotten Password’.
    Help out Samsung, Apple, Google, Yahoo

27. Jane
    08/10/2014

Thanks, Sharon! Your way worked.

28. ms.T
    10/26/2014

Thank you Sharon! Your directions are perfect for my Galaxy Note 3.

29. Tim
    11/09/2014

I’ve been browsing the Internet for a solution to screen lock being locked due to administrator, encryption policy or credential storage, thanks Sharon perfect instructions.