Mac owners who use Amazon for their music playing and purchasing will be happy to know that Amazon has released the Amazon Cloud Player App for the Mac. This desktop client works side by side with Amazon’s Cloud Player service for playing and purchasing music. Amazon had previously released a version for Windows machines. For Mac users (OSX 10.6 and up), the new Amazon Cloud Player app can be downloaded here. The desktop client will allow users to browse and play music from Amazon MP3’s large catalog of over 25 million songs as well as play music from your computer that you’ve uploaded to Amazon’s Cloud Player Service, whether purchased through Amazon or iTunes.
Amazon’s Cloud Player has been available for mobile devices (iOS, Android, and some TV and set top boxes) for awhile now. If you’ve taken advantage of Amazon’s AutoRip service you’ll find those titles in your catalog as well. Note that importing music to the Cloud still takes you to the web interface to do so.
From the press release:
Amazon Cloud Player for Mac features include:
- One-place for all your music: Play your Amazon and iTunes music all from one place, even when offline.
- A music library that is always up-to-date: Cloud Player automatically detects and adds new music to your library even if you bought it from iTunes or ripped a CD. The app does all the work for you.
- An integrated MP3 Store: You can shop from the Amazon MP3 catalog of more than 25 million songs and discover new music with personalized recommendations, all without having to leave the app.
- AutoRip: Buy an AutoRip CD or vinyl record from Amazon and a free MP3 version of the album will be added to your Cloud Player for Mac library.
- Built for speed: Forget bloated players with extra features you don’t need or use. Cloud Player for Mac is lean, mean and made for your music. It’ll get you from launch to play in seconds.
- Music management made simple: Download your MP3 purchases automatically or with one click. Export your music to other music players. Create and manage playlists using simple drag-and-drop.
- Instant search & play: Find music easily and quickly. Type anywhere to search for an artist, album or song and play directly from the search results.
- Rich artist content: See artist photos, bios, tweets, and gorgeous, large album art.
- Anywhere access: Music purchased using Amazon Cloud Player for Mac is securely backed up in the cloud for free and made instantly available on any Kindle Fire, Android phone or tablet, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Samsung TV, Roku, Sonos, PC or web browser.
There are a myriad of choices where and how you get and play your music these days, but if you are a Mac user and still have a large library of music on your desktop or laptop and want to use Amazon’s services, this might be an option for you to look into.