AT&T Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Update Is Close

Samsung seems to think that the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 already has access to the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. That, as we know, isn’t true. However, the listing on Samsung’s website is a good sign that a Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 update for AT&T users is now closer than ever and could roll out in the imminent future.

Several weeks ago, a leaked Android 4.3 update schedule leaked out, presenting possible release dates for owners of the Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 in the United States. Some of those dates have been dead on accurate, others, haven’t been. Yesterday, we were supposed to see two Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 updates announced in the United States and sadly, we only saw Sprint announce its Galaxy Note 2 update. AT&T, the other carrier that was rumored to have something for users, remained silent.

December could bring the Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 update release in some regions, with Galaxy Note 3 features.

Anticipation is high and AT&T Galaxy Note 2 owners are likely looking for answers. And while there is no concrete date set in stone anymore, it does look like the update might roll out in the not-so-distant future.

Samsung’s website shows the AT&T Galaxy Note 2 as running Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, an operating system that the device currently does not operate. Thanks to a cached version of the website, we know that this change was made very recently. We imagine the change could have been made based on yesterday’s presumed roll out date only to see the update delayed.

While we can’t say for sure, we do take this as a sign that something is close for AT&T Galaxy Note 2 owners. It could be today, it could be tomorrow, it could be in a few days but Android 4.3 Jelly Bean is on the way. This is also the first confirmation that we’ve seen out of Samsung, even though we’ve known that the update is coming.

Screen Shot 2013-11-21 at 11.43.12 AM

The next rumored Galaxy Note 2 release date is for Verizon, an update that is supposedly going to start rolling out on November 29th, or, Black Friday. That hasn’t been confirmed by Verizon and it will be interesting to see if Verizon also misses its presumed release date. We’ve seen at least one carrier outside the US delay its upgrade, so, it’s possible that we could see some further delays in the U.S.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 update is, in fact, rolling out in other parts of the world and the update is delivering much anticipated Galaxy Gear support, Samsung KNOX and a host of other enhancements and fixes. The update, believe it or not, represents the Galaxy Note 2’s first major Android update.

Comments

1. Art Vandelay says

@neefee – you’re looking somewhere different then. I have checked the samsung.com support page for the AT&T Note 2 models (both titanium and white) and they list 4.3 as the current OS.

2. Art Vandelay says

Neefee – The Samsung support site says 4.3. AT&T says 4.1. This would be a sign that Samsung has submitted the update to AT&T but AT&T hasn’t published it to the users yet. That’s all this article is saying. If the Samsung support site update wasn’t a mistake (and it would’ve changed by now if that was the case), then it’s a matter of AT&T being satisfied with the update and publishing it which could take anywhere between 1 and 10 days in all likelihood.

3. WarDawg0629 says

I contacted Samsung Support and they asked for my baseband version and said that there is no update available for my device. I asked about the specs on their website and stated that all devices released prior to November 2013 don’t have a 4.3 update and that all newly purchased devices will. I’m sure we will get it, just not on time, now that it is two days passed the leaked release date.

4. Art Vandelay says

I don’t think the support reps all really know what they’re talking about. However, if new devices are going to come with 4.3 in November (which is 2/3 over already), then the software has already been updated for the device and it’s just a matter of publishing an upgrade to existing users. It could be the update/upgrade process hasn’t been fully vetted but, again, given the info we have, we should be close.

• Michael says

so I updated to 4.3, on a galaxy s3. No I get a very annoying camera flash with every single incoming phone call. Tech support and the Internet has not been any help as to how to disable this feature. And yes in the settings accessibility tab the flash notification is off. Does anyone have a fix? How do I disable the camera flash on incoming phone calls?

5. neefee says

Thanks for the clarification. I really don’t even know what im so hyped about. A new gadget a new toy. The way of the world now always want more the newest latest and greatest. But not willing to get note 3 or watch just yet. TOO MUCH DOE!!!!

6. Stacy Gaddis says

ATT: Hey, I see that you would like information on the 4.3 release for the Note II, I can definitely help you with this.

Customer: Good, so can you tell me when it will be pushed out by your company?
    ATT: Unfortunately, there is not a release date. We released it for the S4, but the update caused issues with the device. So AT&T and Samsung made a joint decision to pull the update until both parties were sure it wouldn’t happen again.

Customer: That’s just swell. So you really couldn’t answer my question. I will post this on my forums, and I should have received a txt frm your company explaining this to me. You sure as heck tell me when my bill is due. Good job.

• ryot says

Sprint galaxy note 2 4.3 update came my way 407am pittsburgh pa charging battery 100 and installing ill repost with quality

7. jerettferett says

I just talked to an online chat agent for AT&T as well. I don’t know how much I can rely on his answer, but this is what he said:
    “Effective November 15, 2013, the software update is temporarily on hold while AT&T and Samsung look into potential improvements. ‘To quote an internal article.'”

He also said that this was due to prior issues with other phones updating to Android 4.3 and that Samsung decided to pull the update for the Note 2. I then asked why Sprint customers got their update to 4.3 and he had no response. He also didn’t know of any date for how long the “temporary hold” would last, or a possible date for when the update might be released.
    I am hoping that he either hasn’t told me the whole story, or that he doesn’t know the whole story himself, and that there is a possibility that the update will come soon.

8. Stacy Gaddis says

Very true Kevin. I have been with them for quite a few years, and I have had enough. Letting this contract end then going to straight talk.

9. jerettferett says

Got my update last night. So far I like what I see. Now I just wanna know what all I can do with my phone that I couldn’t before. If anyone knows of a tutorial or something similar that goes into detail about the new features that would be awesome.