Verizon Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Update Only Major Update Left

The Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update roll out continues in the United States and today, it’s the T-Mobile Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update that is rolling out to users. This leaves the Verizon Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update as the only major update left in the United States.

Several weeks ago, T-Mobile pushed out a Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. However, the update only encompassed some of its Galaxy S3 users because it was for the HSPA+ model and the HSPA+ model only. The carrier promised the Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update in the near future though that future did not arrive until today.

Today, the Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update is rolling out to users and it’s also available through Samsung Kies. T-Mobile itself has confirmed the roll out on its support page and Galaxy S3 users have told Gotta Be Mobile that the update is indeed available. Users can choose to wait for the OTA roll out or upgrade through Samsung Kies where the massive update currently resides.

Wirelessly charge the Galaxy S3.

Users have told us that the experience, thus far, is extremely smooth though that experience could certainly change as time goes on. In fact, Galaxy S3 owners in the United States, on other carriers, have been complaining about issues with the Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 update. So, the Galaxy S3 LTE on T-Mobile certainly could see bugs pop up as time goes on. For now though, it appears that the update is cooperating.

Samsung-Galaxy-S3-wireless-charger-Review-006-575x380

We know little about the update, only that it comes with Samsung KNOX and Samsung Galaxy Gear support, two of the features that Samsung promised back when the update was first announced in October. However, T-Mobile Galaxy S3 users can also expect other enhancements and fixes on board, features that should help to shore up the experience on the aging flagship.

T-Mobile’s roll out brings the Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 roll out closer to its end in the United States. It also means that the Verizon Galaxy S3 is officially last when it comes to major carriers.

Thus far, Verizon hasn’t chimed in with any kind of timing for Galaxy S3 owners which means that they will likely be in the dark until the carrier posts the change log and starts rolling out the software. The software was originally pegged for release in November though it was clearly delayed.

Comments

1. Klaus says

After bееn without work for 6 months, I startеd frееlancing ovеr this sitе and with a little effort I easily bring in around $65 to $95 per/h! Without any doubt, it’s the easiest and most financially rewarding job I’ve ever had. It changed my life for the better and now I couldn’t be happier. This is what I do… ­w­w­w­.­Јоbs95.С­о­m

2. Mike says

What is Verizon waiting for ……. Christmas !!! I know they want to get it right, but come on now, if all the other carriers have it out and its working fair to good for them Verizon is either incompetent or just enjoy jerking there customers around. The 4.4 KITKAT might be out before we see 4.3 JB. Co-mon-Man!

• tyler durden says

it shouldn’t be flawed seeming as they are taking a whole extra month to patch it up!

• BrianK says

4.3.1 is not flawed, the roll out is flawed. The update package is flawed. Avoiding 4.3.1 is not the answer. I’m using CM 4.3.1 on my verizon s3 and it works great.

I did try the kitkat nightly Sunday. I don’t like 4.4.1. That’s right, I said I don’t like 4.4.1. Its got everything backwards. It feels like 4.3.1 but when you want to do something its the opposite of Jellybean. And they moved the buttons around on the key board. It feels like they just did things to make it different. Unless they did it for the people that were mad about the changes from ice cream sandwich to Jellybean, then those people will be happy. The two launcher thing is confusing. And adding screens is annoying! It adds them and removes them when you add or remove items to them. I have used the same setup for a long time and trying to setup my screens was frustrating and time consuming.

Try that thread and go to section 1 and 2 for instructions. Its not hard, just make sure you read, read and read. Then read it again and do a dry run. Make sure you understand the process but don’t worry if you F it up, you can always go back. Just do not remove the battery while flashing. You can download any of the Roms that work with the i-535 (aka Verizon S3).

3. Shawn Carter says

i need the 4.2.3 update!!! lol not really but im really considering rooting my brand new gs3 but i want the step by step way to do it right and not mess my phone up completley. i have absolutley no experience in rooting so any help would be greatly appreciated

• Mike A says

I’m in kentucky. I have a verizon plan from michigan. It says its ready to update. Just waiting to get to a wifi hotspot. Finally its here. Hope it was worth the wait.

4. Steve K says

It is done now. Kies didn’t show it had to do a system upgrade software. Had to download Kies3 on my computer to connect after

• Mike A says

Verizon pushed the knowledge 4.3 yesterday. It is well worth the wait, I love it. Now I can’t wait for Kit Kat ;)

• Mike A says

The only issue I have is unstable wifi, even at home where I never had an issue befor ed the update.