Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Update Roll Out Finally Winding Down

The Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update roll out is getting closer to completion as yet another missing Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update has rolled out today to users.

In October, Samsung announced that it would be rolling out a Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update to users around the world. The update, Samsung said, would not only include Galaxy Gear support and Samsung KNOX support but would also come with a number of enhancements and fixes. As we have learned, some of those enhancements included some of the software features that first arrived on the Galaxy S4 back in April.

Samsung Galaxy S3 wireless charger Review - 004

Samsung began rolling out the Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update in November, just a few weeks after it was announced. And while most variants have received their upgrade to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, there are still some variants that remain on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.

One of the major carriers that, until today, had been without a Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update was French carrier SFR. The carrier, back in late 2013, had said that issues had forced it to postpone the Galaxy S3 and Galaxy Note 2 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean updates into 2014. It did not, however, provide any specific dates.

Today, the carrier announced that it has rolled out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update for its 3G version of the Galaxy S3. The update is rolling out now which means that users in France will want to check for an update. The carrier still has to roll out a Galaxy S3 LTE Android 4.3 update and updates for the Galaxy Note 2, but this is a start. It’s also a sign that the Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update roll out is winding down.

In our estimation, SFR is one of only a few major carriers yet to roll out the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean update. Australian carrier Telstra, which recently rolled out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean to its Galaxy S3, still hasn’t rolled out Android 4.3 Jelly Bean. Other carriers are less visible because they don’t provide time tables or public information on a regular basis.

Galaxy S3 Review Best Of

The update comes just a few months before Samsung is expected to update the Galaxy S3 with Android 4.4 KitKat. Rumors suggest that the device could get the update as early as April though Samsung still hasn’t confirmed an update or provided any release date details. The company typically does not announce anything until it gets much closer to an actual roll out.

The first Android 4.4 KitKat updates are expected to be for the Samsung Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3. French carrier SFR claims that it will roll out those updates in late January or early February.

Comments

1. Robin says

Abigail. if you, thought Sylvia`s c0mment is terrific, on wednesday I bought a gorgeous Citro├źn 2CV after having made $6101 this past five weeks and also ten-k lass-month. it’s actualy the easiest work I’ve ever had. I actually started four months/ago and pretty much immediately started bringin in more than $79 per-hour. site link…… http://clockurl.com/BeF

2. skb says

Why did samsung refuse the update for india. India is the largest market for samsung smartfone users.

• Ramesh says

Yeah. U r rit. Many of my friends throwed samsung away and joined Nexus. Even I gonna do the same. Its time to say Goodbye to Samsung in INDIA.

3. Helen says

Got 4.3 in December worst thing I ever did bugsin my phone freezes bbattery life drains amd doesn’t charge and lines across screen since update. Don’t ask when ur getting it u won’t want it after what it’s done to my phone yet still have to pay monthly for it till the update is fixed

• Nicolas says

Sometimes I’m asking if samsung will not simply skip 4.3 and upgrade directly unlocked devices to 4.4 ;-)

4. seth says

this update should not have been released yet. I have Verizon and it makes previously installed apps crash and battery drain among other issues. they need to release a update to fix all of the bugs that 4.3 has caused 4.1.2 was so much better I would go back if I could without a factory reset or losing app data.

5. hergeli pulopi says

Never again samsung. Their update system is horrible… i have an international version (with united arab emirates region code) when will i get that damn 4.3???

6. Sue says

I live in Egypt and I haven’t got the 4.3 software update yet! When will it be available?!

7. Ron says

Hi, I am from india and the update for andriod 4.3 has started. just update yesterday. all is well. works like a charm

8. Youichi JP Wong says

I’ve been waiting since late Oct 2013 and now it’s already mid Jan 2014 for goodness sake and the update hasn’t even released to even half of Asian countries when it’s an Asian tech giant company we’re talking about. How great is that?

9. Pritesh Palan says

After 4.3 update on S3, battery drains a lot even on Standby Mode. At night after Disabling Data, Sync & Block mode Enabled, battery drains to 16% from 65% in just 8 hours. Any of you facing same issues, please comment.

10. Sweden says

I have noticed a lot of bugs after the update.
    The standard music player & the video player lag A LOT,
    and all programs on the device react SLOWER,
    as in: it takes longer for the phone to react to a touch. This is more annoying than one might think. Really, this was a horrible, horrible update for me.
    Haven’t studied my battery, but yes it sucks.

11. Nicolas says

Finally received the update yesterday (France, XXUGMK6) for my unlocked S3 (GT-I9300), everything seems to work fine, the phone is very smooth and reacts perfectly, battery life is normal. Some visual improvements, some enhancements in menus, lockscreen, notification bar, and apps (mail, gallery…), overall still the same good old S3 :-)

12. Rupinder singh says

I gota jellybean 4.3 update for my s3 an hour ago here in new Zealand. I love it. Have had no problems with my fone. Pplz out there stop complaining.

13. Pratik Koria says

I haven’t got the update till now. I am in Kenya, there are other galaxy s3 users who have got it, but i haven’t got it. i search for an update it says “the latest updates have already been installed”. i dont know why it is doing this, please i need your help.