Here are the first Guitar Hero Live songs that you will be able to play when the new Guitar Hero Live release date arrives this fall. Listen to the Guitar Hero live song list to prepare for your first set list that spans from Ed Sheeran and Skrillex to Rage Against the Machine and Pantera.
This marks the first Guitar Hero game for PS4 and Xbox One, but you will also be able to play on older consoles like the PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii U.
Although gamers can expect a similar experience to previous guitar games, but there is a new focus on the lead guitar player and a new Guitar Hero controller with six buttons up near the top of the controller.
In addition to Guitar Hero Live on consoles the announcement says that Guitar Hero Live is “fully playable” on tablets and mobile phones. The Guitar Hero Live release arrives this fall for $99 with the game and a new guitar controller.
Guitar Hero Live Songs List
Thanks to Rolling Stone we now have a look at the first Guitar Hero Live songs. There are 24 songs spanning a range of music genres and history.
You can watch the music videos for each of these songs in the YouTube playlist above with all 24 videos of the Guitar Hero Live songs. Even if you are familiar with some of them, listening to a playlist fo the Guitar Hero Live songs is good prep.
- The Black Keys – “Gold on the Ceiling”
- Blitz Kids – “Sometimes”
- Ed Sheeran – “Sing”
- Fall Out Boy – “My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark (Light Em Up)”
- Gary Clark, Jr. – “Don’t Owe You a Thang”
- Green Day – “Nuclear Family”
- The Killers – “When You Were Young”
- The Lumineers – “Ho Hey”
- My Chemical Romance – “Na Na Na”
- Pierce the Veil – “King for a Day (feat. Kellin Quinn)”
- The Rolling Stones – “Paint it Black”
- Skrillex – “Bangarang”
- The War on Drugs – “Under the Pressure”
- Black Veil Brides – “In The End”
- Rage Against the Machine – “Guerrilla Radio”
- Judas Priest – “Breaking the Law”
- Pantera – “Cowboys From Hell”
- Sleigh Bells – “Bitter Rivals”
- System of a Down – “Chop Suey!”
- Alter Bridge – “Cry of Achilles”
- Alt-J – “Left Hand Free”
- Broken Bells – “Leave It Alone”
- Red Hot Chili Peppers – “Higher Ground”
- The Pretty Reckless – “Going to Hell”
Part of the new game is the first person perspective that lets you interact with the crowd and your band mates. If you mess up, the crowd isn’t your only enemy this time around.
These are not the only songs you will find in Guitar Hero Live. The GHTV mode is, “the world’s first playable music video network.” From the sounds of it, the GHTV mode is where a lot of fun will be. Here’s a quick look at what it offers.
- Continually updated music videos to play to
- multiple channels and themed shows
- or On Demand songs to play to
- Play against friends in the same room and online.
Guitar Hero Live is available to pre-order today on Amazon, GameStop and Best Buy as well as other locations.