The mini table we first saw back at CES 2010 will finally be available to order starting tomorrow if you signed up for Dell’s pre-sale event or Friday if you didn’t. The Dell Streak is priced at $299.99 if you’re a new AT&T customer or eligible for an upgrade. For $549.99 you can buy one without a new contract, but the device is SIM locked to AT&T.
I got a chance to play with the Dell Streak a few weeks ago and it is a pretty slick device. The thing I like most about this devies is its large display, which is far superior to the iPhone 4 for browsing. Dell’s marketing this as a tablet, but it’s essentially a big phone. It’ll be very interesting to see if people are willing to trade in their more traditional phones and smartphones for the Streak. If applications, browsing and other non-phone features are a priority, the Streak looks to be a very solid mobile device.
DELL STREAK SPECIFICATIONS:
- Android platform complete with Android Market and Dell user interface enhancements
- Powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon solution with integrated 1GHz processor
- 3G + WiFi + Bluetooth
- UMTS / GPRS / EDGE class 12 GSM radio with link speeds of up to 7.2 Mbps*
- 5 MP Autofocus camera with dual LED flash. Easily point, shoot, and upload to YouTube, Flickr,Facebook and more
- User accessible Micro SD expandable memory available up to 32 GB*. Store up to 42 movies* or 32,000 photos*, or 16,000 songs* with a 32GB* Micro SD upgrade