How would you like to edit your mindmap in Microsoft Word? Well, with a new add-in for Word 2007 you can. The new innovation allows you to embed a MindMap in Word 2007 and do the following:
- Allow users to use Microsoft Office Word 2007 to edit the document.
- Allow users to view and modify the MindManager content, like icons, map markers, task planning information, attachments, and comments from within Word 2007.
- This is all done without installing anything else (like add-ins) on Word 2007 because all of the code to modify the internal MindManager Map is in VBA Macros in the .docm file.
- Create the .docm files without having Word 2007 on the system with MindManager.
- Essentially edit the MindManager map on a system without MindManager on it. (I know this sounds like herasy to this audience but keep on reading).
- Because the MindManager map is embedded in the Word Document, merging the Word data back with the MindManager data is possible and doing a round-trip of the map back to MindManager is practical — without losing information.
Michael Scherotter has the details on the Mindjet Blog, and AdminID of NoteTalkers is hosting an incredible video demo of this in action on NoteTalkers. Make sure you check it out. And note that Michael has put out a request for you to test this out if you are beta testing Word 2007. This looks really cool.