ActiveWords has released Beta 2.0 of the very handy InkPad for the Tablet PC and UMPC. Beta 2.0 shows they have been thinking about the UMPC with a number of touch friendly additions to this already “must have” software. Here’s a list of the new improvements:
- The new interface implements a floating InkPad icon that can now be dragged to any edge of the display where it is docked as a pop-out tab. You can drag the tab from the edge to the display surface where it changes back into the floating InkPad icon.
- The type and position (tab or floating icon) is remembered between changes in screen orientation. For example, you can use the docked tab in landscape orientation and the floating icon in portrait orientation, and the position of each is remembered for each orientation.
- The InkPad is now designed for finger tip use on a UMPC. When you begin to enter your ActiveWord a “Go” button appears on the InkPad surface to trigger the ActiveWord entered. You can also simply move your stylus or finger away from the InkPad surface to trigger your ActiveWord.
- A control is included to prevent movement of the mouse cursor from popping up the InkPad. This should be helpful as you switch between “stylus” and “keyboard/mouse” entry.
- Recognition of inked ActiveWords is now even faster, making ActiveWords InkPad more spontaneous and delivering instantaneous response.
- Compatibility with Windows Vista operating system.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.