A major hack of Adult Friend Finder, Cams, Penthouse and other adult websites threatens to expose many users to the public, similar to the Ashley Madison hack that revealed data on millions last year.
If you’ve ever used any of these websites it is possible that your email and password are compromised. There is not an easy to use list of Adult Friend Finder email accounts that you can check at this stage, but it is only a matter of time before this is available if the hack works like the Ashley Madison hack.
If you are looking online to see if your husband or wife are in this Adult Friend Finder Hack in any way it is important to remember that simply finding an email in a data dump is not concrete proof as someone could have used another person’s email in an attempt to create an account.
The Adult Friend Finder hack took place as recently as October and impact 20 years of user data. It includes 15 million deleted accounts that still had information saved on the service.
Adult Friend Finder Hack Details
According to LeakedSource there are over 400 million accounts affected by the Friend Finder hack including 5,650 .gov emails and 78,301 .mil email accounts. The website outlines the following adult websites that are impacted by this hack.
- 103,070,536 passwords already plainly visible
- 232,137,460 passwords hashed with SHA1
- 99.3% of all passwords from this website are now plaintext (cracked).
- 21,422,277 passwords already plainly visible
- 41,209,412 passwords hashed with SHA1
- 96.8% of all passwords from this website are now plaintext (cracked).
- 495,720 passwords already plainly visible
- 6,678,239 passwords hashed with SHA1
- 99.9% of all passwords from this website are now plaintext (cracked).
- 342,889 passwords already plainly visible
- 1,080,303 passwords hashed with SHA1
- 99.95% of all passwords from this website are now plaintext (cracked).
- 272,409 passwords already plainly visible
- 863,317 passwords hashed with SHA1
- 99.96% of all passwords from this website are now plaintext (cracked).
It’s very important to note that 99% of all the passwords are now in plaintext. If you have an account at any of these websites you should change any password for other services that is the same.
No Adult Friend Finder Hack Searchable List Yet
At this stage you cannot search the LeakedSource database, but we will likely see other services surface the data and offer a searchable Adult Friend Finder hack database. We saw many options with Ashley Madison.
It is very likely that we will see an Adult Friend Finder database download at some point that allows people to search. This could lead to blackmail attempts and other issues for users who are part of the hack.
In a statement to ZDNet, Diana Ballou, vice president and senior counsel confirmed a problem with the site. “While a number of these claims proved to be false extortion attempts, we did identify and fix a vulnerability that was related to the ability to access source code through an injection vulnerability.”
We’ll update with any information as LeakedSource learns more and if another source allows users to search the database.
This article may contain affiliate links. Click here for more details.