Windows Phone 7 users can now enjoy reading Amazon Kindle books as Amazon has now made its Kindle App available for that platform. If you don’t know the drill on this, you’ve been hiding in some old library stacks somewhere during the last year or so. The Kindle App allows you to purchase books from the Kindle Store, and sync and read them on any device supported. Which of course now means your Windows 7 Phone.
Press Release follows:
Free “Buy Once, Read Everywhere” Kindle App for Windows Phone 7 Now AvailableSOURCE: Amazon.com, Inc.
Kindle for Windows Phone 7 is the first major eBook app for Windows Phone 7-based devices
Amazon’s free Kindle apps give readers access to the largest selection of the most popular books and lets them sync their reading across all major devices and platforms
SEATTLE, Jan 05, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) –(NASDAQ: AMZN)-Customers can already read Kindle books on their Kindle, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX, as well as their iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, PC, Mac, BlackBerry and Android-based devices. Today, Amazon’s wide selection of free “Buy Once, Read Everywhere” Kindle apps is expanding to include Windows Phone 7 devices. Kindle for Windows Phone 7 is the first major eBook application available for Windows Phone 7, and includes new features built into a Kindle app for the first time, including personalized recommendations integrated into the Kindle app home screen and the ability to send book recommendations to a friend without leaving the app. Customers can learn more about Kindle for Windows Phone 7 at www.amazon.com/kindleforwindowsphone and can download the free app from Windows Phone Marketplace.
“With Kindle books you never have to worry about what to do if you change devices or platforms. Our free ‘Buy Once, Read Everywhere’ apps make it easy for you to read your books on any device you choose – your Kindle, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX, iPad, iPhone, PC, Mac, BlackBerry, Android-based device, and now your Windows Phone 7-based device,” said Dorothy Nicholls, Director, Amazon Kindle. “We think customers are going to love our new Kindle app on the unique interface of Windows Phone 7 and the convenience of our Whispersync technology, which saves and synchronizes your bookmarks, notes and highlights between all of your devices.”
With Kindle for Windows Phone 7, readers can take advantage of the following features:
- Seamless integration with Kindle, Amazon’s purpose-build reading device which is light weight, easy on the eyes with a paper-like Pearl e-ink display, and has a full month of battery life.
- Amazon’s Whispersync technology lets you read and sync your library, bookmarks, notes, and highlights with the devices and platforms of your choice (Kindle, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX, iPad, iPod touch, iPhone, PC, Mac, BlackBerry, Android-based devices, and Windows Phone 7-based devices). Read on your Kindle, read on your tablet, read on your phone. We’ll keep track of your last page read, and make it easy.
- Access to over 775,000 books in the U.S. Kindle Store – the largest selection of the most popular books that people want to read – including New Releases and 100 of this week’s 110 New York Times Bestsellers. Choose from hundreds of thousands of books at $9.99 or less, including many New York Times Bestsellers and New Releases.
- Kindle’s Worry-Free Archive automatically backs up your Kindle library on Amazon, so your books can be re-downloaded wirelessly anytime.
- Integrated shopping experience allows you to shop without leaving the app.
- Send an email to a friend with a link to the book you’re reading or to any book in your library without leaving the app.
- Customize your reading with five different font size and three background color options.
- Read in portrait or landscape mode, and to turn pages by tapping on either side of the screen or flicking.
- Start reading the beginning of a book for free before buying and receive personalized Amazon recommendations on the home screen of your app.
Amazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. Kindle, Kindle 3G and Kindle DX are the revolutionary portable readers that wirelessly download books, magazines, newspapers, blogs and personal documents to a crisp, high-resolution electronic ink display that looks and reads like real paper. Kindle 3G and Kindle DX utilize the same 3G wireless technology as advanced cell phones, so users never need to hunt for a Wi-Fi hotspot. Kindle is the #1 bestselling product across the millions of items sold on Amazon.
Amazon and its affiliates operate websites, including www.amazon.com, www.amazon.co.uk, www.amazon.de,www.amazon.co.jp, www.amazon.fr, www.amazon.ca, www.amazon.cn, and www.amazon.it. As used herein, “Amazon.com,” “we,” “our” and similar terms include Amazon.com, Inc., and its subsidiaries, unless the context indicates otherwise.
6 Reasons to Use a VPN & 3 Reasons Not To
Do I need a VPN? There are a lot of reasons to consider using a VPN in 2019, and there...
4 Reasons Not to Install iOS 13 Beta & 12 Reasons You Should
There are some great reasons to take the iOS 13 beta for a spin on your iPhone. There are also...